Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rasheed Wallace Traded

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rasheed Wallace Traded

Great trade for Portland.

Southside_Pacer

I second what Shade says.

Works out well for all sides from what I can see.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Wow...All that for Rasheed Wallace?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Looks like Atlanta can go into that weak South Division next year with some F.A.'s and a little hope. Miami and Atlanta fighting for the South title and the 8th playoff seed in the east.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

It was a great trade for Portland. Its just my opinion but these types of trades are bad for the NBA. The NFL used to veto these types of trades that were done to solely save money. Its a bad trade for Hawks fans because they lose pretty much their only 2 players worth watching and the cap space is meaningless because they aren't going to be able to attract good free agents. So this trade makes the East even weaker and the West stronger. But heres another bad part of this trade; its very possible that Rasheed tells Atlanta that he isn't moving there or playing for them and they negotiate a buy out for the rest of this season and put him on waivers like the Nets did with Deke. Then he signs with a team in contention for peanuts for the rest of this season again affecting the competitive balance of the league, I mean what happens if they buy him out and he decides he wants to sign for the rest of this season with NJ or Detroit? Its just bad for the league IMO.

diego

Tomorrow's Portland headlines:

Shareef, Ratliff, and Dickau arrested for possession of marijuana when found celebrating their arrival to Portland.

I mean what happens if they buy him out and he decides he wants to sign for the rest of this season with NJ or Detroit?
    That would suck..

Kind of doubt Sheed demands a buyout or anything though. Don't think he is really all about winning. Sure he will use his time in Atlanta to work his way into a better contract next year from someone else.

What is the ownership situation in Atlanta anyway?

Is that still up in the air?

Would the right ownership and a new comitment change things in the ATL?

I know that Terry Stots was a quick fix then the ownership change kind of kept Stots around, but I think if you get a coach in there that is somewhat attractive to Free Agents. You never know. Atlanta is not a cold weather small market. The right changes could bring change in Atlanta.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Completely stupid for Atlanta, IMO. I would rather have Shareef Abdur-Rahim or Theo Ratliff than that nut case Rasheed Wallace. The cap relief will mean nothing for Atlanta, who the hell will want to go there.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Completely stupid for Atlanta, IMO. I would rather have Shareef Abdur-Rahim or Theo Ratliff than that nut case Rasheed Wallace. The cap relief will mean nothing for Atlanta, who the hell will want to go there.
    They might not get THE best players to go there, but they'll definently get very solid players to go there, ala Denver. They have tons of cap-space, something 25 or so teams don't have; I could see a guy like Richardson going there, but I think you underrate the power of money.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

If 'sheed goes on waivers then you'll see Miami get to him before Dallas, NJ, or Detroit could. NY would too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If 'sheed goes on waivers then you'll see Miami get to him before Dallas, NJ, or Detroit could. NY would too.
    Yeah, the crappier team priority does come into effect. ed:
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When I first heard the Portland trades Rasheed Wallace part of the trade... my mind was dreaming...to Indiana for Scot Pollard and Austin Croshere.

Steve Francis might be next to be traded with the way he just ended the game against the Spurs. That had to be the most selfish play that I ever seen on a basketball court. you should have seen the look on Van Gundy's face at the end of the game...Wow.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well Kstat's dream of Wallace just crashed and burned . Looking at what Atlanta gave up, they would've needed to trade at least Billups or Hamilton, plus the expiring deals Detroit had. Glad it didn't happen in a way.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling Rahim is going to be traded again, either in the couple days they have to re-trade him, or during the summer. There's NO way he or Randolph is playing SF, but I could see a Rahim for Van Horn type of deal which would be a slam dunk for NY. ed: I'm not fully judging this deal till he does get traded from Portland though.

Wow. That's amazing. Reef is as big a talent as Sheed, and they got Theo for Person?

I assume they'll play Reefer at the 3... that's very interesting.

So you've got:

Theo / Davis
    Randolph / Reef
    Reefer / Miles
    Anderson / Woods
    MightyMouse / ?

That's still a flawed team. Anderson and Pollard for Croshere would work, although the way Pollard has been playing makes it less appealing.

You think we have too many forwards? Portland has 4 starting-quality power forwards: Davis, Ratliff, Shareef, and Zach Randolph.

Crazy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I have a feeling Rahim is going to be traded again, either in the couple days they have to re-trade him, or during the summer. There's NO way he or Randolph is playing SF, but I could see a Rahim for Van Horn type of deal which would be a slam dunk for NY. ed: I'm not fully judging this deal till he does get traded from Portland though.
    Rahim has played SF before, not sure why he couldn't now.

Rahim will play SF. Davis isn't a starting quality PF in the West anymore.

Ratliff, Randolph, Reef. That's a big, good rebounding front line. Is there enough room inside for all 3 though?

maybe now, we can trade for terry...

we do have expiring contracts..

will kenny anderson, brewer, primo work salary wise?

maybe now, we can trade for terry...

we do have expiring contracts..

will kenny anderson, brewer, primo work salary wise?

oooo....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That trade makes DD extraneous. O000hh Peeeeck!

Atlanta now has zero players it needs to protect for the expansion draft (unless they wanna keep J Terry) but Portland has a boatload of players they could jetison for cap relief by bribing the Bobs.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Oh trust me Geezer, the first thing that I thought of was that Dale would now be able to be had a cheaper price.

But about the trade itself.

I'm with dipperdunk on this one. This only sets Atlanta back another 5 years on top of however long they were going to be down anyway.

The only advantage I can see from this at all is that they might be able to make a trade & absorb a bloated contract, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of being under the cap?

One thing though, I thought Wallace was only willing to go to a team that he was willing to sign him long term. If that is the case then the trade might be a little better, but not by much.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

GREAT trade! WONDERFUL trade! FABULOUS trade!

For the Knicks - no Rasheed in NY!

That's almost as big a weight off my chest as when Boston picked up Raef (not quite, but almost).
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Highway robbery by Portland.

I thought that with Rashweed's evil ways they would get less than equal value. Instead they got more.

Atlanta will be worse than the expansion Bobcats next year, assuming no Kobe signing.

Portland's front line looks pretty damn impressive- Ratliff, Randolph, Abdur-Rahim backed up by Davis and Miles.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)