Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, So the word is out apparently?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Wow, So the word is out apparently?

http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

@Tjamily @JeffRabjohns Hornets aren't crazy. They know Gordon is better than Granger. The MO is out on Danny around the league
    Hindsight is always 20/20 but it seems like we would have been wise to ship Granger off after his lone All-Star season
    Sittin on top of the world!

Default Re: Wow, So the word is out apparently?

Shhh...you can't say mean things about Danny Granger.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA players are scouted every game they play. The word on the street about Granger, whatever the hell it is, has been out there for some time. Was even out there during the AS season.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

He may very well be. However, if EJ is going to leave, Hornets may not get full value.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Gordon is better than Granger.

In the big picture, I think Danny's stock has dropped (and continues to do so) around the league. Hell, right now, he's a scorer who can't score.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You certainly can't pretend like a wells opinion tweet has value. If wells says someone is injured, its valuable. When Wells gets into opinions he is a total Drama queen. He might be right in this case.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Oh well, Granger is good on this team right now. I don't care what other teams think. Gordon is a better scorer than Danny, but he also plays on bad teams. We have a better team than NO anyway.

It will be funny either this summer or next when they lose Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

In the big picture, I think Danny's stock has dropped (and continues to do so) around the league. Hell, right now, he's a scorer who can't score.
    I have to agree, but I suspect Jim O'Brien has something to do with it. Granger really is a good shooter from 3.

He just doesn't know how to play basketball....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

He is like the new Richard Jefferson.

Not like I hadn't been saying that for years or anything... Shoot I even got banned for it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

The word is probably even still out about his foot problem (to my knowledge, the torn plantar fascia doesn't ever actually heal, and as a result of that his foot no longer provides nearly as much push or stability as a normal foot does) and that is likely proving detrimental to his shot and quickness at this point.

Anyone who has medical knowledge, feel free to correct this, because I would like to be wrong about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Anthem would like to thank The Doctor for this useful and original post.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    The word is probably even still out about his foot problem (to my knowledge, the torn plantar fascia doesn't ever actually heal, and as a result of that his foot no longer provides nearly as much push or stability as a normal foot does) and that is likely proving detrimental to his shot and quickness at this point.

Anyone who has medical knowledge, feel free to correct this, because I would like to be wrong about it.
    What does his foot have to do with his brain? I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

Hindsight is always 20/20 but it seems like we would have been wise to ship Granger off after his lone All-Star season

Looks like Mike Wells doesn't understand how to use the term "MO" correctly. That's what it looks like to me.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post

I'm not sure but I think his bones are also old .......

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He may very well be. However, if EJ is going to leave, Hornets may not get full value.
    The Hornets can match whatever offer he gets from another team. The only way he can really leave is if the Hornets trade him out of their own will, or decide not to match an offer. The latter being a highly unlikely scenario.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    NBA players are scouted every game they play. The word on the street about Granger, whatever the hell it is, has been out there for some time. Was even out there during the AS season.
    What???

I thought TNT was only shown in my house? You're telling me I'm not the only one with EXCLUSIVE viewing rights to NBA TV?? Hurumpff, that's a bunch of

How the F is Bird going to fleece the league if they keep letting scouts for other teams watch the games. Forget scouts, my understanding is that mom's of the GM's of other teams are even allowed to get a peak at players from other teams in action.

(it does say "now with extra sarcasm" )

He just doesn't know how to play basketball....
    BnG - I get the "everyone blames JOB" jab, but let's be fair here. If I told you that Danny could have spent the last 4 years being coached by JOB or Popovich/Sloan/Phil/Carlisle/etc, you'd never go with the JOB option. Danny was in a period of his career where a crafty coach could have shown him ways to succeed and/or motivated him to improve the proper aspects of his game.

3 years of Pat Riley instead of JOB would have Danny playing a much tougher, skillful defensive game, for example.

It's true that it's also on the players, but your work environment is going to play a big factor in the type of player you become. You can't develop everything all at once.

Danny learned to play a certain type of NBA game and got pretty "good" at it. At the very least he learned out to take twice as many 3s per game as Reggie Miller used to.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    The Hornets can match whatever offer he gets from another team. The only way he can really leave is if the Hornets trade him out of their own will, or decide not to match an offer. The latter being a highly unlikely scenario.
    but, EJ does'nt have to sign anything and become a FA in 2013. Then Hornets have no rope and EJ can leave. Just alittle over a year away.

People on here must really miss Jim O'Brien considering how much obession there is over him.

It's quite pathetic.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    What???

I thought TNT was only shown in my house? You're telling me I'm not the only one with EXCLUSIVE viewing rights to NBA TV?? Hurumpff, that's a bunch of

How the F is Bird going to fleece the league if they keep letting scouts for other teams watch the games. Forget scouts, my understanding is that mom's of the GM's of other teams are even allowed to get a peak at players from other teams in action.

(it does say "now with extra sarcasm" )

BnG - I get the "everyone blames JOB" jab, but let's be fair here. If I told you that Danny could have spent the last 4 years being coached by JOB or Popovich/Sloan/Phil/Carlisle/etc, you'd never go with the JOB option. Danny was in a period of his career where a crafty coach could have shown him ways to succeed and/or motivated him to improve the proper aspects of his game.

3 years of Pat Riley instead of JOB would have Danny playing a much tougher, skillful defensive game, for example.

It's true that it's also on the players, but your work environment is going to play a big factor in the type of player you become. You can't develop everything all at once.

Danny learned to play a certain type of NBA game and got pretty "good" at it. At the very least he learned out to take twice as many 3s per game as Reggie Miller used to.
    speculation at best

If the desire to be a great player is there, then it doesn't matter if your coached by Larry Brown or Bobby Brown

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    speculation at best

If the desire to be a great player is there, then it doesn't matter if your coached by Larry Brown or Bobby Brown
    I wish that Bobby Brown WAS coaching the Miami game, so I could at least explain away all the traveling calls we got.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I wish that Bobby Brown WAS coaching the Miami game, so I could at least explain away all the traveling calls we got.

LOL, not 3 bobbys

man thats some good crack right there

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

This is one of those uncomfortable truths, isn't it? When I posted that, I put a smiley but that's because I couldn't locate a frown.

I do believe that Danny's growth as a complete basketball player was stunted due to Jim O'Brien being his coach during his key developmental years. Danny improved his shooting most definitely. With a couple exceptions, I don't think he's improved much else and there's almost no doubt he regressed on defense during Jim's tenure.

I'm not convinced this is all on Jim though. I do believe a player can take upon himself to get better. Yet I also believe the system he plays in and what the coach emphasizes really does matter. As in all things, practice makes perfect and it takes time, effort and focus to develop and retain skills.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This is one of those uncomfortable truths, isn't it? When I posted that, I put a smiley but that's because I couldn't locate a frown.

I do believe that Danny's growth as a complete basketball player was stunted due to Jim O'Brien being his coach during his key developmental years. Danny improved his shooting most definitely. With a couple exceptions, I don't think he's improved much else and there's almost no doubt he regressed on defense during Jim's tenure.

I'm not convinced this is all on Jim though. I do believe a player can take upon himself to get better. Yet I also believe the system he plays in and what the coach emphasizes really does matter. As in all things, practice makes perfect and it takes time, effort and focus to develop and retain skills.
    well said BNG, its a combination of both

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

If Danny had decided to become a defensive stopper instead of working on his shooting, who much would he have played? Serious question. Most players can't play amazing on both sides of the ball, if they are expected to play a ton of minutes. They've got to have a break somewhere. (I mean, they can play good on one end, and great on the other.) So..if Granger only takes 8 shots a game but becomes the best defensive player on the team, does he play? Because ultimately, players are motivated by that too.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post: