Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

  1. #1

    Default Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Vogel needs to tone down his smash mouth basketball talk. When your point guard it weak defensively, your center is being knocked to the floor every other play, your wings are not physical at all and the team is mentally weak, that is not smash mouth. Watch the old Pistons games with Laimbeer, Rodman, Mahorn, Dumars and Thomas. That is smash mouth.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel needs to tone down his smash mouth basketball talk. When your point guard it weak defensively, your center is being knocked to the floor every other play, your wings are not physical at all and the team is mentally weak, that is not smash mouth. Watch the old Pistons games with Laimbeer, Rodman, Mahorn, Dumars and Thomas. That is smash mouth.
    They were douche bags though.. You don't have to be a douche to be tough.

    I still think we are one of the tougher teams.. We just didn't play well last night.. And Tyler, our most crazy/tough guy, is injured, so though he wont make excuses, probably effects some of his effectiveness.

  4. #3
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    I hate blaming Refs, but without no doubt, the refs took that toughness away from the Pacers last night. Multiple calls on touch fouls and phantom almost touch fouls. I don't think the league wants toughness with the teams playing so much. The league don't want their darlings to get hurt either. Playoffs should be different however!

  5. #4
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Also, Danny is one of the tougher SF in the league IMO.

  6. #5
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate blaming Refs, but without no doubt, the refs took that toughness away from the Pacers last night. Multiple calls on touch fouls and phantom almost touch fouls. I don't think the league wants toughness with the teams playing so much. The league don't want their darlings to get hurt either. Playoffs should be different however!
    I have to agree, especially on that base line Lebron Drive and floater over Hibbert that got the And1. The contact was after Lebron released the ball, he then landed into Hibbert who pretty much kept his vertical position. If they call that a foul and1, then the Pacers and other physical teams have no chance against the Heat this year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Tone down?

    Vogel wasn't galloping up and down the court last night yelling SMAAAAASH MOUTTTTTH!
    DG for 3

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tone down?

    Vogel wasn't galloping up and down the court last night yelling SMAAAAASH MOUTTTTTH!
    He should have been!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    They played about as soft as I've ever seen a team play last night. They looked tentative and almost scared, it was simply bad basketball, not something I expected from this team.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They played about as soft as I've ever seen a team play last night. They looked tentative and almost scared, it was simply bad basketball, not something I expected from this team.
    They played pretty well in the first qtr though, refs took them out of their game. Again, somebody mentioned mental toughness in another thread.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    the refs do not hand you a 35-point loss.

  17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  18. #11
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    That was classic smash mouth basketball.

    The heat smashed us in the mouth!

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the refs do not hand you a 35-point loss.
    only on PD some of this stuff is just comical blaming the refs ever is just comical.

  21. #13
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the refs do not hand you a 35-point loss.
    Don't believe anyone was insinuating your point!

  22. #14
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't believe anyone was insinuating your point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate blaming Refs, but without no doubt, the refs took that toughness away from the Pacers last night.
    .....

    LeBron took that toughness away from the pacers last night.

    I might add the Pacers had 11 more FT attempts than the Heat, and only 1 more foul.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.

  23. #15
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    If there weren't so many phantom fouls then the Pacers would have played much more physically and it would've been close outside of the 1st.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #16
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    only on PD some of this stuff is just comical blaming the refs ever is just comical.
    I think K-stat and your comment are comical...The refs took physical play from the game and Pacers are not a finesse team. I don't believe the loss is being debated here but the smash mouth / physical play is in questioned.

    Some should try and stay on coarse of the thread.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 01-05-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo

  25. #17
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....

    LeBron took that toughness away from the pacers last night.

    I might add the Pacers had 11 more FT attempts than the Heat, and only 1 more foul.
    Again, win/ loss was not spoke of. 35 point loss wasn't spoke of till you...Physical play however was spoke of!!

  26. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    personal fouls-

    Miami- 25

    Indiana- 26

    FTs attempted

    Indiana- 39

    Miami- 28

    The difference in the game was Indiana's 23 turnovers to Miami's 13, and Danny Granger getting obliterated by LeBron. Lebron would have been the game's leading sorer had he not shot a single free throw, so it isn't like he lived at the FT line, either.

    Actually, the better argument could be made that lebron wasn't fouled enough.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-05-2012 at 01:37 PM.

  27. #19
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    I've tried to avoid complaining about it a lot, but I do agree that the officials really made this difficult on top of our already poor play with their pussy foul calls. We were punished any time we dared shove anyone, and that just kills you.

    One of my least favorite things about the NBA: Depending on who is officiating the game, you can practically beat a man half to death with no whistle (or they you), then on another night like yesterday they just have to flop with your hand on them and it's a foul. Maddening!

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've tried to avoid complaining about it a lot, but I do agree that the officials really made this difficult on top of our already poor play with their pussy foul calls. We were punished any time we dared shove anyone, and that just kills you.

    One of my least favorite things about the NBA: Depending on who is officiating the game, you can practically beat a man half to death with no whistle (or they you), then on another night like yesterday they just have to flop with your hand on them and it's a foul. Maddening!
    Very well on point!

  30. #21
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,942

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tone down?

    Vogel wasn't galloping up and down the court last night yelling SMAAAAASH MOUTTTTTH!
    Hey now


    You're an all star

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Oh, great; the referee apologists have stopped by to condescendingly lecture people and put 100% of the blame on the players. I refuse to engage.

    When the players play poorly, the players play poorly. Likewise, when the officials are shoveling horse ****, the officials are shoveling horse ****. Both were in full effect last night, and I'm not going to agree with anyone who claims otherwise.

  33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  34. #23
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Nobody is arguing that the refs are ever perfect, or even close to it.

    However, I will always draw the line at blaming officials for crappy play. If you foul out playing physical basketball, so be it. But if you finish the game with 3-4 fouls and point to the referees for you not playing tough enough, that's a cop-out, in my opinion.

    The referees cannot control how you play when you're in the game. If you let a guy blow by you because of frustration, or you're too scared to commit another foul doing something you think is right, that's not the ref's fault. The ref isn't playing the game, you are.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  36. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,942

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    The first quarter and first few minutes of the second were pretty poorly officiated, but we need to be able to deal better with that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Smash mouth basketball LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, I will always draw the line at blaming officials for crappy play. If you foul out playing physical basketball, so be it. But if you finish the game with 3-4 fouls and point to the referees for you not playing tough enough, that's a cop-out, in my opinion.
    That's why just looking at a box score doesn't give perspective.

    Frank sat down West and Hibbert for extended times last night, because it was pretty evident that the normal style of play was going to be considered a foul.

    The Pacers were in foul trouble from the very beginning, and it set the tone for the rest of the night.

    West played less than 20mins last night.

Similar Threads

  1. Basketball is all about the team.
    By indianapolismarkus in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 11:40 PM
  2. Tony Romo and Caron Butler were basketball rivals in High School
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
  3. "The Street Stops Here" basketball documentary
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:01 PM
  4. More funny stuff from Paul Shirley
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 03:55 PM
  5. SportsGuy eviscerates USA Basketball
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •