Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heat/Pacers postgame thread

Banned

Default Re: Heat/Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wasn't able to watch the game tonight but saw the score....what the HELL happened???
    Nothing happened, we just could not hit our shots, everybody looked good and I don't think we need to worry about anything, Lebron was also playing out of his mind and that never happens so next time we should be ok

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    FWIW, I agree that these are valid criticisms.

Collison is much improved this season (to my surprise). Certainly he shouldn't be lumped with Granger or Hans right now.

As for Foster, well injuries happen. Surely management knew he had a bad back when they re-signed him. Are you saying he's milking his injury?
    I haven't gotten to see any games until tonight because I was on vacation, but Collison did not look improved tonight. Chalmers won the point guard matchup by a wide margin, and Cole was better as well. Hopefully, tonight was just a bad game, but he was at least the 3rd best player at his position tonight.

If Foster wanted to be playing, he would be playing. The fact that the front office knew about his back just makes his contract even more perplexing.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Nothing happened, we just could not hit our shots, everybody looked good and I don't think we need to worry about anything, Lebron was also playing out of his mind and that never happens so next time we should be ok
    Nobody thinks it is ok that we got demolished, my goodness. We just don't think we are the worst team in the East now.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

One thing I seriously wonder is if Collison can be "an extension of the coach" on the floor. Really, the issue with this team is its ability to execute the offense. This doesn't take a great amount of skill. It takes practice, a willingness to share the ball and simply a lot of hard work. This is the problem. It can be solved. But still, I do worry about our PG situation. It's not terrible but everything starts right there. We need to see if one of them can adequately get the offensive flow started.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    One thing I seriously wonder is if Collison can be "an extension of the coach" on the floor. Really, the issue with this team is its ability to execute the offense. This doesn't take a great amount of skill. It takes practice, a willingness to share the ball and simply a lot of hard work. This is the problem. It can be solved. But still, I do worry about our PG situation. It's not terrible but everything starts right there. We need to see if one of them can adequately get the offensive flow started.
    I want to agree with some of this, but I don't see DC doing a bad job, unless he actually don't call a play and he is suppose to. That I can't answer, cause who knows what he does to call a play. I just see a stagnant offense about 40% of the time while DC is running point. When he isn't in, it's void, pretty much post moves, jump shots and attempt to get their own shots.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Mackey, this wasn't a game to judge anything on imo. I think DC has definitely improved over last season.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

Look at the brightside.... we're not down 63-20 in the third quarter of a FOOTBALL game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Nobody thinks it is ok that we got demolished, my goodness. We just don't think we are the worst team in the East now.
    Find me a post where I say that we are the worst team? My prediction is 8th seed and that looks about right.

Miami is the last team in the league that you play zone against.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Atlanta disagrees with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This is why I am almost always against getting a star PG, or giving up a lot for one. The PG position isn't so much about skill, but leadership and other intangibles. That is why you don't really see too many teams built around a PG succeed beyond a playoff appearance. It is a rare PG that provides both the skills and intangibles to win a championship as the main focus of the team.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Collison has been playing better this year than last, but he still needs more improvement. On the positive, until this game, he was shooting around 46% FG and over 60% 3 PT. His "D" has been better and more passing as well.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Many disagree with this statement.

Did you watch them lose the championship against Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Find me a post where I say that we are the worst team? My prediction is 8th seed and that looks about right.
    I exaggerated, it just seems like you are trying to say every one thinks this was nothing to worry about, and we are in great shape still. I just don't think we should be extremely worried about it, nor should we just forget it.

It was a bad loss, and highlights a lot of weaknesses, but it is early and Miami is a darn good team. I still don't think we are the 8 seed, nor do I think we are the 3.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

when James Jones is playing instead of Dwade I agree especially if their shooter are making. But zone is the best way to stop Miami when healthy you dont want Wade and LBJ getting into they paint at will like they do when being guarded by man defense.

I would rather let LBJ and Wade beat me with jumpers than layups.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-05-2012 at 12:10 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=68201

Miami without Wade is a terrible team to play zone against. Really disappointed that Frank didn't audible that out at the line when it was clear Wade wasn't gonna play. First real big mistake he's made as head coach IMO. I'll give him a pass for number 1 though.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-04-2012 at 11:50 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I don't have much to say tonight about anyone, but I'm seriously concerned that Danny Granger has hit that invisible wall that some players hit where they just lose their game. Seriously, seriously concerned about that.

As far as everyone else, zero effort and even worse execution. Just one of those nights where you come out and lay a turd on the court. Unfortunately for us (or maybe fortunately depending on your view) it came against the Heat and they put a butt whoopin on us because of it.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-05-2012 at 12:30 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

This was almost a 'perfect' nuclear meltdown.

The refs were maddening (punishing physical basketball while rewarding their pussy behavior), our offensive execution was mostly bad, occasionally awful, our defense only ever seemed interested in executing the first step of the gameplan, leaving Miami with a **** ton of comfortable shots because they know how to pass very well, and of course they can shoot well, not enough effort on offense or defense or the boards, we totally gave up after the 2nd quarter run, our smartest vet player couldn't pull his **** together, our other vet player continued trying to find a solution to our problems by searching deeper and deeper into the depths of his own colon, Paul George showed a disturbing amount of nonchalance, and I could totally go further than this but frankly I'm tired already.

But other than that, not bad!

We need to show a lot of fight on Friday, or else I'm going to turn on this group (as a roster) pretty quickly, to be honest. Not that they couldn't then win me back at a later date, but they will have lost my belief in them for the time being. They must show me some grit and determination (AS A TEAM) on Friday.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Miami without Wade is a terrible team to play zone against. Really disappointed that Frank didn't audible that out at the line when it was clear Wade wasn't gonna play. First real big mistake he's made as head coach IMO. I'll give him a pass for number 1 though.
    To top it off, half the time the team didn't seem to know how to play it. I'm of the opinion that if you never do zone or never do man you shouldn't change that, especially when going from man to zone, chances are you aren't going to do a good job playing it unless you have a lot of time to prepare.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This was almost a 'perfect' nuclear meltdown.

The refs were maddening (punishing physical basketball while rewarding their pussy behavior), our offensive execution was mostly bad, occasionally awful, our defense only ever seemed interested in executing the first step of the gameplan, leaving Miami with a **** ton of comfortable shots because they know how to pass very well, and of course they can shoot well, not enough effort on offense or defense or the boards, we totally gave up after the 2nd quarter run, our smartest vet player couldn't pull his **** together, our other vet player continued trying to find a solution to our problems by searching deeper and deeper into the depths of his own colon, Paul George showed a disturbing amount of nonchalance, and I count totally go further than this but frankly I'm tired already.

But other than that, not bad!

We need to show a lot of fight on Friday, or else I'm going to turn on this group (as a roster) pretty quickly, to be honest. Not that they couldn't then win me back at a later date, but they will have lost my belief in them for the time being. They must show me some grit and determination (AS A TEAM) on Friday.
    I, unfortunately, have to agree with your final sentiment. That was flat out embarrassing. They're no longer just the little team that could with a whole lot of potential, it's not wrong of us to at least expect them to play hard every night and compete.

They need to show me some serious fight against Boston.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-05-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    To top it off, half the time the team didn't seem to know how to play it. I'm of the opinion that if you never do zone or never do man you shouldn't change that, especially when going from man to zone, chances are you aren't going to do a good job playing it unless you have a lot of time to prepare.
    Agreed, our gaps getting in to the zone were huge.

Let me throw some dap to my lone bright spot tonight...Lance. I was very disappointed to see him get hurt, as honestly I thought his first stint tonight was the most under control he has played on both sides of the ball. He also looks a lot better to me when he gets to play off the ball, like he was tonight. If you noticed in Lance's short time on the floor, Hill was getting the team into the offense, and then we were letting Lance try and create off the dribble, once everyone was in the right place. And IMO, he looked at his best doing that. If he's going to succeed, it's time for the Lance as a PG adventure to end. Let him be a wing, and I think you'll see him vastly improve. My one criticism tonight of Lance? He had his man beaten off the dribble more than once and immediately looked up for the pass, even when he probably could have made an easier move for a score. I'm almost begging at this point...let Lance play SG full time...please, for the love of God.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Let me throw some dap to my lone bright spot tonight...Lance. I was very disappointed to see him get hurt, as honestly I thought his first stint tonight was the most under control he has played on both sides of the ball. He also looks a lot better to me when he gets to play off the ball, like he was tonight. If you noticed in Lance's short time on the floor, Hill was getting the team into the offense, and then we were letting Lance try and create off the dribble, once everyone was in the right place. And IMO, he looked at his best doing that. If he's going to succeed, it's time for the Lance as a PG adventure to end. Let him be a wing, and I think you'll see him vastly improve. My one criticism tonight of Lance? He had his man beaten off the dribble more than once and immediately looked up for the pass, even when he probably could have made an easier move for a score. I'm almost begging at this point...let Lance play SG full time...please, for the love of God.
    I was disappointed he got hurt too. I really wanted him to hit that one nice lay up attempt he had.