Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heat/Pacers postgame thread

Default Re: Heat/Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coming from you, it doesn't mean much. You are the single most negative person on this board.
    What? Have you heard mackey rose?
    DG for 3

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I'm not even worried. This isn't the same team you will see later this season. It just isn't. I'm not one to put blinders on either. We have more talent on this team than we've had in years. Granger, who was supposedly an all-star scored 6 points on 2-13 or something. It was a bad game and bad games happen. Granger, as bad as he is, isn't that bad...
    I'm a Danny fan, but he is having a hell of a time getting quality shots the way he is used to. The dude looks like he has forgot how to play. Too many forearm shimmies and bull dozing his way into the lane. I can call an offensive foul on him almost every time he drives. Just like I can call it when DJones wants to try and go in and dunk the ball.

Apparently Granger benefits greatly from a real training camp, cause his game does not look very polished.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, that's what a colonoscopy feels like.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    Hopefully this will be the worst game the Pacers play this year... Sometimes it's a lot easier to watch other teams play cause when they get beat this badly, I just sit back and enjoy their embarrassment. But when it's the Pacers getting schooled, it really hurts..
    Nah, I just turned over to watch the Bobcats/Knicks game, then surf back to the Pacers during timeouts. It was an enjoyable game with the Bobcats winning. I enjoy watching a team with little talent beating the Big 3 type teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So, that's what a colonoscopy feels like.
    At least when they do a colonoscopy they use lube.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm sorry for not trying to be a sunshiner here but been a realistic and yes this has already happened againts a crappy team, how about Detroit? the team that you keep saying that sucks and won't make the playoffs?

edit: I also like to think is funny for you and other people to be the "freakout police" "if they get served another sound beatdown then we start to worry a little" a OK thanks for letting us know when to do it
    You aren't realistic. You are negative. There's a huge difference between the two.

Detroit didn't blow us out. We lost. This is the NBA, not college. The talent levels are not so drastically different that it's a shock that any team should lose to any other. Especially a division rival, on their home court, when the players were working on probably about 4 hours of sleep.

I'll continue to be the freakout police when you are leading the charge in freaking out after every loss on the schedule. Someone has to balance things out.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Pacers completely forgot their team's M.O. Smash mouth defense and rebounding. Pacers are probably going to score in the 80's all year long, but let the Miami role players walk to the rim and they completely lost their man on the perimeter. When Bosh is able to catch the ball infront of the rim and Hibbert just stares as he gets an easy layup.....turrible.

They forgot to make the extra pass, 12 Asts, and to hold on to the ball, 23 TO's.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm a Danny fan, but he is having a hell of a time getting quality shots the way he is used to. The dude looks like he has forgot how to play. Too many forearm shimmies and bull dozing his way into the lane. I can call an offensive foul on him almost every time he drives. Just like I can call it when DJones wants to try and go in and dunk the ball.

Apparently Granger benefits greatly from a real training camp, cause his game does not look very polished.
    Let's just say that Danny should never be driving to the bucket. The team just needs to learn how to pass the ball. You could see they were trying it at the beginning of the second half and it helped a bit. They just don't have it down yet. Guys who should be driving include GHill, Collison, Lance, DJ (when he's in), Price and maybe Paul at times. Danny really should be used to stretch the floor. I feel dirty saying that since I hate JOb ball.

Really, I think Vogel is trying to go to the rack as much as possible but some players don't have that skill. Unlike Jim, I expect Frank to learn from that.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    What? Have you heard mackey rose?
    Oh yes. Mackey has an irrational hatred for most of the players, but actually has some logic behind his posts when they aren't involving the awful Granger/Hansbrough/Collison/Foster foursome.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

You should. If this was the 3rd or 4th year under Vogel and we kept seeing bad basketball....

Yes, it looks like a horror film out there. It literally looked like our guys were blindfolded they looked so bad. But what happened tonight will not happen once this team starts finding it's way. If the team didn't have talent, well, then I'd be worried.
    3rd or 4th year? I don't think Vogel will finish the season if the next 20 games are no better then the last 6, let alone a 3rd or 4th year!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I really don't want to be negative. However, The game play of the Pacers has nothing to do with the Heat. It's just the Heat are good enough to exploit it. The Pacers played no better or worse then any other game they have played this season. They just won some cause the teams they played are as bad or worse then the Pacers. This isn't saying much for the Pacers at this point.

I only hope for better game days for the Pacers!
    They played much worse tonight than they have any other game this season.

Banned

You aren't realistic. You are negative. There's a huge difference between the two.

Detroit didn't blow us out. We lost. This is the NBA, not college. The talent levels are not so drastically different that it's a shock that any team should lose to any other. Especially a division rival, on their home court, when the players were working on probably about 4 hours of sleep.

I'll continue to be the freakout police when you are leading the charge in freaking out after every loss on the schedule. Someone has to balance things out.
    A OK I'm sorry Mr officer I'll let you know next time I want to post something non sunshiner or non homer

[QUOTE=BlueNGold;1337537]I'm not even worried. This isn't the same team you will see later this season. It just isn't. I'm not one to put blinders on either. We have more talent on this team than we've had in years. Granger, who was supposedly an all-star scored 6 points on 2-13 or something. It was a bad game and bad games happen. Granger, as bad as he is, isn't that bad...[/QUOTE

.462 2005
    .341 2011

FG5 Stats seem to indicate a downward trend. Dosn't really give me hope that he is going to miraculously turn it around any time soon.

Banned

I'm not sure about that, they were just lucky that the other teams were just as horrible at shooting the ball, reason why we still won some games even though we shot under 40%.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Oh yes. Mackey has an irrational hatred for most of the players, but actually has some logic behind his posts when they aren't involving the awful Granger/Hansbrough/Collison/Foster foursome.
    Is it illogical to expect a team's best player to not be the worst player on the floor?

Is it illogical to expect a power forward to shoot better than 35% from the field?

Is it illogical to expect a point guard to get his teammates involved in the offense, and at least pretend to give a damn on the defensive end?

Is it illogical to expect a guy who as been overpaid multiple times by the same team to suit up for a game every now and then?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    No coincidence that our mini-comeback was thwarted when we took out DC.
    I criticize DC plenty, but he deserves plenty of credit this game, and in general for his play this season so far. It's weird but now I get worried when he checks out of the game.

I really wish we'd play Hill exclusively at off guard, at least for a while. The Hill at PG experiment is not working. Play AJ, trade for another point guard, sign someone from the D-League, I don't know. But we badly need another playmaker.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

The fact is we haven't played well this season. I think we can all agree on that. There are plenty of excuses to make, and plenty of blame to go around. Miami killed us tonight, they are a great team. Is it time to start to go into panic mode? No, I don't think so. If this had happened against some crappy team, then we could be worried. But it was the Heat, in Miami, and in the NBA games like this happen. Let's see how they respond in Boston. If they get served another sound beatdown, then we start to worry a little more.

I agree if they don't respond in the Boston game then it's time to start wondering about this team. I'm interested in seeing how they re-act in that game.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

No, they are about par, just played a better offensive team that the defense couldn't stop. offense was par.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    3rd or 4th year? I don't think Vogel will finish the season if the next 20 games are no better then the last 6, let alone a 3rd or 4th year!
    I think Frank is re-working everything. This is the only time it can be done. If that were not the case, they would be playing better, basically doing what they did last season...making it to the playoffs under Vogel. But he's not having them do the same things. It's a process and some here have the patience to enjoy seeing the changes appear. Others just want to complain without even realizing that things are going to be changing. Only question is when.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    A OK I'm sorry Mr officer I'll let you know next time I want to post something non sunshiner or non homer
    That's the kind of respect I expect to see out of you. Just to be safe, send me a PM before your next "non sunshiner or non homer" post, just so I can make sure it is up to your usual ridiculous par.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Is it illogical to expect a team's best player to not be the worst player on the floor?

Is it illogical to expect a power forward to shoot better than 35% from the field?

Is it illogical to expect a point guard to get his teammates involved in the offense, and at least pretend to give a damn on the defensive end?

Is it illogical to expect a guy who as been overpaid multiple times by the same team to suit up for a game every now and then?
    1) No. But you clearly have it out for Granger, and have for a long time. You slam him every chance you get, and that isn't only saved for stinkers like tonight.

2) No, we both know he won't continue to shoot that poorly, and supposedly he is playing with an injured hand. May have something to do with it, I don't know, but the sample size is small and he will get better.

3) No, but DC has been much better this season, on both sides of the ball. Probably been our most consistent player, which you wouldn't know, because evidently tonight was the first game you have watched all season.

4) If the guy is hurt, he's hurt. He's a valuable rotation player when he's not, and why throw him out there early in the season if he's not 100%? Are players not allowed to rest or nurse injuries? The guy has been a pro for his entire career with the team and is very valuable when he plays.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

wasn't able to watch the game tonight but saw the score....what the HELL happened???
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

FWIW, I agree that these are valid criticisms.

Collison is much improved this season (to my surprise). Certainly he shouldn't be lumped with Granger or Hans right now.

As for Foster, well injuries happen. Surely management knew he had a bad back when they re-signed him. Are you saying he's milking his injury?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Mood

[QUOTE=LazyDaze;1337556]
    I'm not even worried. This isn't the same team you will see later this season. It just isn't. I'm not one to put blinders on either. We have more talent on this team than we've had in years. Granger, who was supposedly an all-star scored 6 points on 2-13 or something. It was a bad game and bad games happen. Granger, as bad as he is, isn't that bad...[/QUOTE

.462 2005
    .341 2011

FG5 Stats seem to indicate a downward trend. Dosn't really give me hope that he is going to miraculously turn it around any time soon.
    You think its bad now. Wait till 2032-33 when we fail to make a basket.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

he was making fun of lance getting hurt to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus