Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al's first game.

Default Re: Al's first game.

As others have said - Al's a starter, but he's no star. Even a star would struggle down there. Al would certainly benefit from playing as a starter with a strong willed star could keep Al from playing outside his strengths - or a strong willed coach, I guess.

I'll always be fond of Al - that rookie year of his with the big smile, the contagious energy he brought to the court, the badass defense.... he really was a different player after the injury. I wish him well, but the P's did real well for themselves with this trade.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

It's going to take time for Al to adjust to being a starter. SJax has spent time as a starter and coming off of the bench. Al has rarely been anything but the best second stringer out there. He'll improve. I don't think we got a steal in the deal, but I do think we managed to improve the overall roster and chemistry.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Several of the Regional FSN's have lost all their contracts with thier professional teams (FS-South, FS-Chicago, etc.)

Its amazing to me that FS-South and FS-Chicago are still in business.

If I were the owner, and I just lost the Bulls/ White Sox/ (away) Blackhawks - if there's a season / and (select) Cubs () games all to Comcast Sports Net - Chicago, I'd cut my losses and pull the plug.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Phx is a tough matchup for Al.... The Suns are stacked with atheleticism... and Al has become more of a power type player...post injury.

Phx is gonna make alot of teams look bad this year with there style of play.... they're destroying Philly right now. We'll see if they stack up to the Pistons, Spurs, Minnys, Pacers of the League though...probably not

Joe Johnson btw.... is the ****.