Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al's first game.

Hybrid View

Default Al's first game.

I know it's early but here's Al's stats for his first start with the Hawks. MAybe Bender will be able to fill his shoes.

MPG FG% REB APG PTS

39.0 .250 6 2 13
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Al's first game.

Was that game in Atlanta?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

It was in Phoenix.

Well, I think we got a steal on this trade. And Al doesn't seem as though he can lead a team.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

General consensus from the comments on two sports radio stations was that lack of defense was more the problem, as well as extremely horrible outside shooting.

No one has started ragging on Al yet - most of them seemed to be more unhappy with Woodson and the seeming lack of a coherent defense.

Ahh, well. Poor Al. He may learn what Jackson did - that, despite what Lucifer says, it is better to serve in Heaven than to reign in Hell.

And make no mistake about it, This is Basketball Hell.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I watched a few seconds of the game, by the time I watched the Hawks were down by 40 points. Walker and Al were on the floor and both looked very distraught.

Maybe they were both checking the scoreboard to see what their former teams were doing.

Hawks are horrible right now, beyond bad. But they do have a new coach and if you thinjk Woodson is going to be a good coach then maybe the Hawks might get a litle bettr as the season goes on.

I for one don't get any joy in seeing Al struggle, i wish him nothing but the best
    [edit=24=1099598219][/edit]

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And make no mistake about it, This is Basketball Hell.
    Be careful what you wish for, Al.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stoudamire was eating Harrington alive last night. Harrington doesnt look like a starter on the floor a BENCH player at best. This season will be very tough for Antoine and Harrington. THe Hawks were doomed to fail this year with their lineup. Harrington will pout all year. We definitely got the upper hand on the deal.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins
    Stoudamire was eating Harrington alive last night. Harrington doesnt look like a starter on the floor a BENCH player at best. This season will be very tough for Antoine and Harrington. THe Hawks were doomed to fail this year with their lineup. Harrington will pout all year. We definitely got the upper hand on the deal.
    I agree that we did get the upper hand of the deal.

However, I think that Al is starting-calibur, but needs the surrounding help. Asking Al to be a second option on a team with no supporting cast to speak of does not equal success.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Well, I think we got a steal on this trade. And Al doesn't seem as though he can lead a team.
    .....As opposed to Stephen Jackson, who dominated from end to end last night......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    .....As opposed to Stephen Jackson, who dominated from end to end last night......
    We don't need Stephen to lead our team.
    And notice that even when Jackson doesn't have his best game, we have countless other guys to step up.

Don't be scared

Jax has said repeatedly that all he wants is the chance to contribute on a championship-quality team. Contrast that to Al, who wanted to start at any cost.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I like Al.

Jackson didn't play well last night, but he still found a way to contribute.

Did we ever say that about Al if his shot wasn't falling?

I like Al.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I was thinking the same thing Jay.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 rebounds and 9 points and excellent passing and
    defense on his poor night. Can't wait to see a good or great night. Jackson will be a significant addition to the Pacers.

owl

{o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I hope Al bashing doesn't become the focus of too many threads. It is what he chose...we all make choices sometimes selfish ones or even bad ones

I am glad we have Jackson and Al's level of play will not change that.

"They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

I think Al was a better 6th man than a Starter , still alittle early in the season but I don't see Al as a starter on many teams even with surrounding talent.

Some players are just better off the bench and I think Al is one of those players IMHO.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Don't you hate it when a reply never shows up? Do any know that since Insight got some new FSN's in the lifestyles pack if they show any basketball games?I can recall I have FSN Atlantic and I forget the other 2 but I was thinking maybe they show Hawks games.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Don't you hate it when a reply never shows up? Do any know that since Insight got some new FSN's in the lifestyles pack if they show any basketball games?I can recall I have FSN Atlantic and I forget the other 2 but I was thinking maybe they show Hawks games.
    Haven't really checked , also there Suposed to be adding the FoxSports Net outta Chicago , I think it's supposed to be on Channel 65 or something like that , it's not on there yet though , I just seen it mentioned on the local Insight ads channel.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster
    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Haven't really checked , also there Suposed to be adding the FoxSports Net outta Chicago , I think it's supposed to be on Channel 65 or something like that , it's not on there yet though , I just seen it mentioned on the local Insight ads channel.

Well I just turned to 65 and its fuzz like 64 and 66 I say put in all the FSN's and Comcasts so then it will kind of be like a LP What I don't get is on the Insight ads they have they say they have all the channels you want and dish doesn't well I guess someone needs to inform them that they still need NBA TV and LP Once they get NBA TV and LP (if they ever do) I will be happy.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I'd like the opportunity to make a bad choice and still make 6 million a year.....
    Marry rich.

"They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I'll reserve judgement as it's only the first game of the season

Bu you gotta feel for Al.. The qoute about Hell and Heaven is rather real

The Team should get better as the season goes on, I just hope he plays a solid year and gets traded around draft time..

the Hawks team is proberly the worst team in the league...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

It is tough for Al because he has never been the first option before. He does well as the third, when he doesn't have the pressure to perform consistantly.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I just flipped through the guide for FS-ATL, and considering there's no NBA the next two weeks, I doubt it.

Lots of College Football, and some College Basketball and Hockey, though.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

When I first got satellite TV, I went with Dish (who didn't have NBA League Pass) because they told me their Fox Sports Pack would let me see all the Fox Sports channels - since the P's were on FSMW most of the time, I figured that would work.

Unfortunately, the NBA blacked out all the out-of-region basketball games, so only the one on Fox Sports South was ever available.

I ended up switching to DirecTV and League Pass and have never looked back.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh