Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Nash for Darren Collison - Chad Ford thinks it makes sense

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steve Nash for Darren Collison - Chad Ford thinks it makes sense

I would never do this deal. Collison is improving by leaps and bounds this season, he has looked a lot better overall since the coaching change. DC is young and has been here only a few games short of a full season, give him at least until the end of the year before you write him off.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Can somebody tell me how this argument differs from the Manning/Luck controversy on the colts section of this website?

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can somebody tell me how this argument differs from the Manning/Luck controversy on the colts section of this website?
    Nash isn't the difference between a title contender and the worst team in the league. Collison isn't nearly the prospect that Luck is.

Next stop June 2015

Nash is better than Darren now and probably next year. He would definitely make us better this year. Since I'm not a Collison fan, it's tempting. But I would prefer to trade Darren as a package to get a better player less than 35 years old. So...I wouldn't do this trade.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I'd have to see where we're at closer to the deadline. However, if I think he can help us contend for a championship, I'd at least have to consider it.

It would also come down to what the Pacers feel that Collison's upside is. If they don't ever see him being anything special, why not pull the trigger?

Nash also would be a good fit here having Paul George at the 2. Since George proved he can handle one of the toughest point guards in the league in Derrick Rose, you can put Nash defensively on the weaker scoring of the opposing team's 1 or 2 if you have to.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    DC is hampering Lance? I mean seriously?
    Umm yeah.... Sorry if I didn't explain myself better. What i'm saying is that LARRY has said Lance he feels is the most talented on the team. So why have someone in front of Lance on the depth chart who you (Larry) feels is not the best starting in front of Lance. Nash would be short time while DC is younger.... Just my opinion.... No need to be rude sir.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

i'm glad chad ford is reading this site
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...98#post1332398

good news. i used to be a member of phxsuns forum. so what do i think about it?

1) if darren collison is all you need to pry steve nash, do it!

2) i say if pacer fans are not certain about nash's health (nothing to worry about, really), the most prudent thing to do is a one year rental. don't force steve to sign an extension. if nash delivers and you make it all the way to the finals, then nash and the team will be mutually excited about the 1-2 year extension.

3)if the nash experiment fails, then no harm done. all you lost is DC. but it is a risk WORTH TAKING, IMO.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    good news. i used to be a member of phxsuns forum. so what do i think about it?
    What's your insight on Sarver's willingness to part with Nash? As several people have mentioned, Nash is still the Suns' cash cow. Will Sarver really part with him for a young good but not great PG?

Also, has Nash indicated that he'd be leaving Phoenix when his contract expires? You must know there are persistent rumors of him going to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    What's your insight on Sarver's willingness to part with Nash? As several people have mentioned, Nash is still the Suns' cash cow. Will Sarver really part with him for a young good but not great PG?

Also, has Nash indicated that he'd be leaving Phoenix when his contract expires? You must know there are persistent rumors of him going to NY.
    if nash wants to leave, sarver will accede to his request.

personally, i want steve nash to go to a good small market team like indiana (the time is now to make a finals push) or minnesota (as rubio's 1yr mentor even though the kid is doing well so far, they could also finish together in the 4th qtr with ricky guarding 2s)

if the suns trade him, i'd rather not see him go to NY or Miami or those other big market teams. dont want to see the rich get richer anymore.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bandwagon For This Useful Post:

Banned

I like DC but Nash could be 12 assists a game player here feeding all of our hungry scorers.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

How about:

Nash/Grant Hill/Lopez/Frye

for

Granger/DC

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    How about:

for

Granger/DC
    Frye is on the grizzlies now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Frye is on the grizzlies now right?
    Not sure. I found him on the Suns official website roster.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Not sure. I found him on the Suns official website roster.
    He's on the Suns.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

How about:

for

Granger/DC
    Sure Grant is probably going to retire after this season but for them to give up 2 bigs and not get any back is just bad for the Suns. Frye's contract is terrible but I just don't see why the Suns would do this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Sure Grant is probably going to retire after this season but for them to give up 2 bigs and not get any back is just bad for the Suns. Frye's contract is terrible but I just don't see why the Suns would do this trade.
    Okay, throw in Stanko.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I'd rather trade for Dre Miller and keep Collision. Miller will be 36 in March, and he's a 7.8 mil expiring. Even at 35, he's STILL averaging almost 7 asts per game in 20 or less min. He's the mentor Collision needs. A pass 1st tudor that gets his other teammates involved. Valuable vet leadership too. He's even shooting around 35% at the 3's this year. I'd much rather go this route, even if it's just for this season, than than Nash or look for Hill, Stephenson, or Price to be the b/u to Collison.

As a side note, Miller can work with Stephenson on developing his PG skills too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'd rather trade for Dre Miller and keep Collision. Miller will be 36 in March, and he's a 7.8 mil expiring. Even at 35, he's STILL averaging almost 7 asts per game in 20 or less min. He's the mentor Collision needs. A pass 1st tudor that gets his other teammates involved. Valuable vet leadership too. He's even shooting around 35% at the 3's this year. I'd much rather go this route, even if it's just for this season, than than Nash or look for Hill, Stephenson, or Price to be the b/u to Collison.

As a side note, Miller can work with Stephenson on developing his PG skills too.
    Why would Denver trade him? I like Dre too but the Nuggets aren't going to trade him.

I'd do Nash for collison trade and here is why (sorry if this has already been said) but my huge concern with collison is that he doesn't seem to be able to control the tempo of the game. Like when a game is starting to get out of hand he doesn't go and demand the ball and get people into the proper sets.

Nash on the other hand is someone who controls the game from that aspect. He demands the ball when it should be in his hands. He will make good decision whether it's him scoring or making the perfect pass. I mean he made Channing frye somewhat relevant!

This would alleviate what I see as a big issue, fast breaks! Seems like we get a board and any wing will bring the ball up! Which has lead to a lot of missed opportunities or offensive fouls!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I don't have a problem with Nash for Collison if Nash would do an extension, which I doubt.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You do it and you do it quick, before they wake up and figure out what they've done.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

*Flash*

Coach Nash or Coach Vogel

Would Coach Vogel be intimmidated?

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    3)if the nash experiment fails, then no harm done. all you lost is DC. but it is a risk WORTH TAKING, IMO.
    If all we'd get out of Nash is one year, then pass. I'm not saying DC is the 2nd coming or nothing, but we have had some fairly horrendous point guard play for awhile. Sure, we can stand to upgrade DC, but I would do it for someone like Derron Williams. Not an on-his-last-legs Nash.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

If we trade for Nash, does Phoenix have to include their training staff's Lazarus Pit in the deal?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If we trade for Nash, does Phoenix have to include their training staff's Lazarus Pit in the deal?
    Yes. Ra's al Ghul would also be hired as part of the Medical staff as well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: