Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Steve Nash for Darren Collison - Chad Ford thinks it makes sense

Default Re: Steve Nash for Darren Collison - Chad Ford thinks it makes sense

If we can trade for Nash straight up with Collison like Hollinger thinks. We would then possibly win one series atleast. Putting our draft spot anywhere from 18 on up. Marquis Teague should be sitting there based on Chad Fords top 100. The way Jeff is playing and Marquis being very good if not better then his brother. I think that would be a very good spot for us moving forward. Have Nash for 2yrs or so then Marquis takes over. All bearing we can get Nash.
    I'm a Beast

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can trade for Nash straight up with Collison like Hollinger thinks. We would then possibly win one series atleast. Putting our draft spot anywhere from 18 on up. Marquis Teague should be sitting there based on Chad Fords top 100. The way Jeff is playing and Marquis being very good if not better then his brother. I think that would be a very good spot for us moving forward. Have Nash for 2yrs or so then Marquis takes over. All bearing we can get Nash.
    I want no part of Marquis Teague. If you buy into Mackey's theory that DC has a poor basketball IQ, wait till you get a load of Marquis Teague.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I want no part of Marquis Teague. If you buy into Mackey's theory that DC has a poor basketball IQ, wait till you get a load of Marquis Teague.
    Wow an iu fan that doesn't like an Uk. Basketball player, sure that's not formed on any bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Wow an iu fan that doesn't like an Uk. Basketball player, sure that's not formed on any bias.
    Oh, please. When they get to the pros I don't give a crap where they went to college. I was all about John Wall two years ago. Hell, I loved DeMarcus Cousins. I like that pesky Harrellson guy who is on the Knicks now. I think he'll be a decent depth big man in the league. I absolutely LOVE Kidd-Gilchrist. I like Anthony Davis, but think his offensive game needs a lot of work and he needs to fill out. Fact is, Calipari gets some incredible talent to Lexington. I just don't like Teague. I don't like his brother either. He has all the tools, except the brain. There's a chance he puts it together, but I just don't see it. To me, he is a slightly more talented version of his brother, who is (in my opinion) a very average NBA point guard.

Go peruse the draft prospects thread, or even past year's threads. I generally like the UK guys.
    Last edited by cdash; 01-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Mood

I would be all for a Nash and DC swap. I would be hesitant to do anything larger that would involve adding Danny right now if we can do a straight swap unless Frye and their draft pick is involved.

Banned

Oh, please. When they get to the pros I don't give a crap where they went to college. I was all about John Wall two years ago. Hell, I loved DeMarcus Cousins. I like that pesky Harrellson guy who is on the Knicks now. I think he'll be a decent depth big man in the league. I absolutely LOVE Kidd-Gilchrist. I like Anthony Davis, but think his offensive game needs a lot of work and he needs to fill out. Fact is, Calipari gets some incredibly talent to Lexington. I just don't like Teague. I don't like his brother either. He has all the tools, except the brain. There's a chance he puts it together, but I just don't see it. To me, he is a slightly more talented version of his brother, who is (in my opinion) a very average NBA point guard.

Go peruse the draft prospects thread, or even past year's threads. I generally like the UK guys.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Are you going to follow me around in every thread I post in and ridicule me now? Is that what's happening? Or is that picture some sort of meme that I don't yet know about?

Banned

Are you going to follow me around in every thread I post in and ridicule me now? Is that what's happening? Or is that picture some sort of meme that I don't yet know about?
    I just think is funny that you use the "oh please" so often, it reminds me of Steven A Smith I just could not get a picture of him saying that

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I just think is funny that you use the "oh please" so often, it reminds me of Steven A Smith I just could not get a picture of him saying that

I didn't even realize that I say it that often. I guess it is my go-to eye-rolling type of response.

No thanks. Nash is too old. Darren is still improving.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

if you trade for nash, then you don't have to worry too much about your boy coach's strategy on offense.
    Last edited by bandwagon; 01-05-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Cdash, I meant that jokingly because you have Bobby knight as your avatar. You add a HOWEVER, to that post and I would have though you were Stephen a smith.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Cdash, I meant that jokingly because you have Bobby knight as your avatar. You add a HOWEVER, to that post and I would have though you were Stephen a smith.

That is not what I'm going for. I hate SAS. I've gotten that before, so I feel the need to explain it every time.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Nash for Darren Collison - Chad Ford Thinks So

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    A straight swap of Collison for Nash sounds way too good to be truly possible. I'd consider it for 60 games. For two more years? No brainer.
    It borders on "and to do this you need me to kick a puppy and punch some children....can I think it over a bit?" caliber of idea if you are adding a year or two.

DC is a nice kid and a great deal out from moving Troy, but Nash's offensive awareness is 100% exactly what the team needs right now. They have guys that could take advantage of it and they have 3 other PGs to help cover the minutes if needed.

Even at the end of Nash's time you could still have a youngish Hill on the team.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    DC is hampering Lance? I mean seriously?
    He's keeping him from getting his whirlpool on.

How many spas you think they got over there at the BiLF? Not enough for all the PGs to get in at the same time, that's for sure.* What kind of Hot Tub Time Machine party you think the Pacers are running over there.

* in this case I'm including Paul George as one of the PGs on a technicality

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    Currently Price has a 65.43 PER. I imagine that has something to do with it.
    "Which uniform is it Mr. Price?"

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ******."

Is it too early for HOF talk? No, I say.

Oh, please. When they get to the pros I don't give a crap where they went to college. I was all about John Wall two years ago. Hell, I loved DeMarcus Cousins. I like that pesky Harrellson guy who is on the Knicks now. I think he'll be a decent depth big man in the league. I absolutely LOVE Kidd-Gilchrist. I like Anthony Davis, but think his offensive game needs a lot of work and he needs to fill out. Fact is, Calipari gets some incredible talent to Lexington. I just don't like Teague. I don't like his brother either. He has all the tools, except the brain. There's a chance he puts it together, but I just don't see it. To me, he is a slightly more talented version of his brother, who is (in my opinion) a very average NBA point guard.

What no Jones??

"What does that mean?" Nash asks back. "Do I go in and say, 'Trade me to a top two or three team?' I think it's lot more difficult than people think.

"One, it's not my style. Maybe I'm old school, but I feel like that's not my place to give up on my team, give up on my teammates. I signed a contract and made a commitment.

"And two, I don't feel it's like choosing a restaurant. It's got to be a situation that works for two teams. And I don't know how simple that is. But before we even get to that part of it, I just feel that I owe it to my teammates to stay committed to them. I feel that I owe it to the fans and the organization to fight."
    I wish all players treated it like this. I almost want Nash on this team just because he exudes class. Just a pro all the way around.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    What no Jones??
    Nah, I don't like Jones either. He's talented, but I don't like his attitude.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I wish all players treated it like this. I almost want Nash on this team just because he exudes class. Just a pro all the way around.
    Wow... That is professional as humanly possible.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    I like DC but Nash could be 12 assists a game player here feeding all of our hungry scorers.
    DC would be averaging 9-10 right now if we could throw it in the freaking ocean.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

This is still a pipe dream right? Man, what I wouldn't do for some offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    OK, massively OT here, but someone please tell me what movie/show/whatever this clip is from...

Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    OK, massively OT here, but someone please tell me what movie/show/whatever this clip is from...
    R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet music video I think.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    DC would be averaging 9-10 right now if we could throw it in the freaking ocean.
    Pacers average 41% shooting on 80 shots per game. Suns average 44% shooting on 81 shots per game. Pacers average 32.8 makes per game, Suns average 35.64. DC averages 33.2 minutes per game, Nash averages 28.8. DC averages 5.4 assists per game, Nash averages 9.8.

I know you were just kidding around because we are shooting so horribly, but I thought I'd throw this out there. I actually agreed with you, which is why I decided to look it up.

Go Pacers