Thread: Some interesting comments from Chad Ford today on Grady & Big Joe Show

Default Some interesting comments from Chad Ford today on Grady & Big Joe Show

In a nutshell, he says he still believes the Pacers have 3-seed talent in the East, that Hibbert is a good big man, that Paul George should usurp Danny Granger as the team's superstar, and that a EJ-DG trade isn't that crazy.
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

"Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reginald For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Some interesting comments from Chad Ford today on Grady & Big Joe Show

I could honestly see a trade for EJ. NO might want a guy that can stay healthy.

Swap home town guys. Just don't relish the idea of a smallish backcourt with DC, Hill, EJ and Lance. I like the size that PG offers at the 2.

I really like Granger and think he'll find his shot within the next game or so. Last night's game was basically like a final pre-season game if I'm not mistaken. We'll see after the Boston game.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: Some interesting comments from Chad Ford today on Grady & Big Joe Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could honestly see a trade for EJ. NO might want a guy that can stay healthy.

Swap home town guys. Just don't relish the idea of a smallish backcourt with DC, Hill, EJ and Lance. I like the size that PG offers at the 2.

I really like Granger and think he'll find his shot within the next game or so. Last night's game was basically like a final pre-season game if I'm not mistaken. We'll see after the Boston game.
    Thing is with the league trying to sell the hornets I doubt they would take on a big salary commitment like Granger, unless we took some contract like Okafor off their hands
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Thing is with the league trying to sell the hornets I doubt they would take on a big salary commitment like Granger, unless we took some contract like Okafor off their hands
    You would be correct. I forgot he is still on a rookie contract.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Not a fan of Okafors contract, but Im actually a fan of Okafor himself
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats exactly why I think Roy Hibbert would have to part of the trade with Granger the NBA owned Hornets can not take on salary. They would want a young very good piece with Danny in exchange for Gordon and the Pacers taking on Okafor's deal.

Granger makes 12mil this season and 39 mil over the next 3 seasons. Gordon only makes 3.8 mil this season. Okafor makes 12.5 this season and 40.5 mil over the next 3 seasons. Adding Hibbert gives the Hornets a young big to replace Okafor at a lower price to entice a new owner.

If not Hibbert what other young player could the Pacers include that the Hornets would want who can play pf or center?

Remember too Hibbert will need a new contract after this season as will Gordon .
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 01-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

If you check the post I made compairing Okafor to Roy I dont think he is nearly as bad as some people make him out to be
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Thats exactly why I think Roy Hibbert would have to part of the trade with Granger the NBA owned Hornets can not take on salary. They would want a young very good piece with Danny in exchange for Gordon and the Pacers taking on Okafor's deal.

Granger makes 12mil this season and 39 mil over the next 3 seasons. Gordon only makes 3.8 mil this season. Okafor makes 12.5 this season and 40.5 mil over the next 3 seasons. Adding Hibbert gives the Hornets a young big to replace Okafor at a lower price to entice a new owner.

If not Hibbert what other young player could the Pacers include that the Hornets would want who can play pf or center?

Remember too Hibbert will need a new contract after this season as will Gordon .
    I didn't really understand the people going bonkers in the other thread about this--you have to give value to get value. A Granger for Gordon trade makes absolutely no basketball sense for New Orleans. Throw Hibbert in there and get rid of one of their ornery contracts? Now you may be onto something. I'd probably do that deal, honestly. Okafor isn't great, but he isn't terrible either.

I'm not ready to trade Granger, but IF that occurs we BETTER keep Hibbert. The man is averaging a double-double while shooting 57 FG% with a 19.1 PER