Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nets/Pacers postgame thread

Default Re: Nets/Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For starters, Price runs the pick and roll much better. He also has a solid mid range jumper to make him a legitimate threat coming off the pick.
    As I said earlier I don't think we have seen enough of Lance to really make comparisons like these. While it may not have shown in games yet, everything I have heard leads me to believe once he gets comfortable Lance's mid range jump shot won't be an issue.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I look at the roster of the Nets and think that UNLESS there is some significant improvement in the talent level to win and compete on the level of the Knicks and Heat in the next year or two.....me thinks that DWill is not going to sign an extension with the Nets.

The only possible way is IF the Nets are able to somehow land Howard....but I don't think that he's going to end up there.

I know that the Russian Billionaire and the Nets FO is trying real hard....but I don't see them doing anything that would get them to the next level.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-03-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

For starters, Price runs the pick and roll much better. He also has a solid mid range jumper to make him a legitimate threat coming off the pick.
    Lance is a solid passer, but AJ's a floor general. Different (but related) skills.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    He needs to develop some sort of spin move, or he needs to learn out to stop and pop right before he slams into a guy. Cause the defense is keying on this portion of Danny's game, and the officials are looking for it.
    The funny thing is he HAS that move, he just hasn't broken it out in a couple of years.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Although I have not seen a whole lot of Lance (who really has?) I can say at a similar point in time with Price I was extremely impressed. With Lance I see someone who can be a decent player, but not really anything I would consider impressive. While Price has played bad at points, at other points he looked like he was clearly the best PG on the team. I think the only real reason one can say Collision is clearly better than Price is that Collision has been relatively more consistent than Price.

Between Price and Lance it is no question who is better. The only reason Lance is getting minutes is for the same reasons why Collision, Tyler, and George were given starting jobs last year. Bird and co. have decided that Lance may have a future with the team, and dismissed Price as having a role outside of back-up for a season.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Although I have not seen a whole lot of Lance (who really has?) I can say at a similar point in time with Price I was extremely impressed. With Lance I see someone who can be a decent player, but not really anything I would consider impressive. While Price has played bad at points, at other points he looked like he was clearly the best PG on the team. I think the only real reason one can say Collision is clearly better than Price is that Collision has been relatively more consistent than Price.

Between Price and Lance it is no question who is better. The only reason Lance is getting minutes is for the same reasons why Collision, Tyler, and George were given starting jobs last year. Bird and co. have decided that Lance may have a future with the team, and dismissed Price as having a role outside of back-up for a season.
    Dang so I take it you were a fan of Aj, Josh, and Brandon? Those are three of our current starters and your complaining about them getting minutes ? Do you honestly still believe any of Hansbro, George, or Collison shouldn't have gotten minutes last season?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

How is AJ's defense? I have been impressed with Lance's defense, but last night AJ's didn't impress me (Then again it was a microscopic sample).

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

FWIW, the Nets were missing two of their starters, Humphries and Lopez. I don't think they'll be that bad if AJ can get them together. Having a player like Deron makes them automatically better than teams like Toronto, Cleveland and Sacramento.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Lance is playing ahead of AJ because one, Lance has a long term deal (guaranteed money or not), and two, Lance is the most talented player on the roster. Just ask the 8 or so other guys on the roster that're unquestionably more talented.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was just glad to see us make more passes again tonight. We will live and die with our willingness to keep trying to find the open man.

Also, can we please start closing out on 3 point shooters? Tyler is the worst about this, but unfortunately he's far from the only one.
    Thats usually because he closes out on someone else and foolishly thinks someone would rotate to help him out. He should be like everyone else and just worry about his guy.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Dang so I take it you were a fan of Aj, Josh, and Brandon? Those are three of our current starters and your complaining about them getting minutes ? Do you honestly still believe any of Hansbro, George, or Collison shouldn't have gotten minutes last season?
    I think you are getting me wrong. I was merely pointing out the truth. The was little to suggest at the time that any of them deserved the starting job. Collison was little more than a younger version of Ford who wasn't nearly as good on defense, not saying Ford was a great defender just better than Collison. While there can be a debate about who was better between Tyler and Josh there is no debate that Hibbert almost always played better next to Josh than Tyler. At the time there was nothing to indicate that George should have been starting over Dunleavy. He later proved that notion wrong in the playoffs, but it took him until the playoffs to prove it.

I'm not arguing that you shouldn't just give a player time over another because of the direction the team is going, I'm merely pointing out the reason why Lance is getting the minutes he is while Price is left to rot on the bench. While I might have disagreed with the decisions above, I can not say they were mistakes, just a difference in preference (or in the case of Collision an agreement). Lance on the other hand to me seems to be a mistake, not because of what Lance can do, but because of what Price can do. He is too good to have sitting on the bench while Hill and Lance get minutes at PG.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly hope Deron Williams opts out and gives some strong consideration to signing with the Pacers. He's one of the few big timers that I really think we actually have a shot at getting.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

I will say this about lance. In the little bit we have watched him this season he has not been the same player as last season. He is no longer looking to score every time he touches the ball.

Last season every time he got the ball it was some type of move to get his own shot off. This season I am seeing a lot of ball movement from him.

I think right now he looks a little timid out there. He shot a 3 last night that was wide open and he still looked to pass first. Good signs.

I just hope he doesn't completely put away his killer instinct.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Lets here it Dahntay haters.

Oh wait, he had a really nice game... both offensively and defensively.
    Just increasing his trade value. Me likey!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Meanwhile his 3pt % has stayed consistently solid throughout his career. That, and watching him over the last 7 years tells me he is a spot up shooter and needs to remain such. He's just not effective at all when trying to create for himself. Pacers would greatly benefit if he would alter his style of play.
    Danny has really been forcing bad shots consistently this year. He'll drive to the basket and have 3 or 4 guys on him and he still tries to shoot.

If Danny can learn to trust his teammates and pass more (and pass at the right time, he seemed to hold the ball too long when he did pass), then his shooting % will go up.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe, I'm honestly not trying to **** on the parade of what has been a good start to the season, but at some point Lance either has to produce or he needs to see his minutes go down. That's just my opinion on it. I'm rooting for Lance just like I will any Pacer, but I think right now I'd much rather see AJ getting his minutes.
    He plays 9 freaking minutues a game, and didn't even play a single minute in one of the 5 game so far.

How much less time do you want him to get? 3minutes? 5minutes?

The entire team has struggled at the beginning of the season, maybe a second year player who saw very limited action in his rookie year is just struggling as well?

I understand thinking that Lance's fans take the praise to a higher level than what it should, but the reverse is also true.

Those who are tired of the pro-Lance people, have went completely south in their criticisms to just as an extreme position as those who praise him.

And when talking about the difference between DC and Lance passing the ball, and whether or not the receiver catches it, DC makes the pass that's open. Lance makes a pass that no one is expecting.

That's the difference.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

One thing I can't stand with Danny, and haven't for some time, is the repeated attempts to score under the basket. I'd almost rather him chuck threes than get blocked a couple times a night trying to force something up down there. I hate the plays that put him down there, that stupid lob, all of it. Going toward the basket? Sure. But if he's under the basket, don't give him the ball.

Other than that, I've been happy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

Just increasing his trade value. Me likey!

It took Bird 3 years to unload Rush and he never could unload Tinsley. Both had better talent than Dahntay.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    And when talking about the difference between DC and Lance passing the ball, and whether or not the receiver catches it, DC makes the pass that's open. Lance makes a pass that no one is expecting.

That's the difference.
    It's comments like these that confuse me. Some of you act like Lance never practices with anyone. Why would guys who have been practicing with him for an entire NBA season plus more, not be expecting passes from someone at that point?

Everyone talks about Paul George being the golden child on here, but nobody gets more excuses handed to them that don't even make sense than Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    It's comments like these that confuse me. Some of you act like Lance never practices with anyone. Why would guys who have been practicing with him for an entire NBA season plus more, not be expecting passes from someone at that point?

Everyone talks about Paul George being the golden child on here, but nobody gets more excuses handed to them that don't even make sense than Lance.
    And the bolded is my point about the part with the extremism. I've never understood fighting perceieved extremism with extremism.

As far as practice, do you know who plays with who? I don't. Maybe you think that the starters always scrimmage the bench players. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't.

How many times have Tyler and Lance been on the floor together? Not many.

I think it's pretty interesting to put the blame on the player making the pass instead of putting the blame on the player who wasn't ready and didn't catch the pass.

Lance can't control whether or not Tyler is ready. He also can't control whether or not Tyler catches the ball.

Lance can only make the pass. Whether it's a good pass or not is debateable. I think the pass in question, where Tyler just fumbled it, was a good pass.

It's painfully obvoius that Tyler just wasn't ready. Why wasn't he ready? I don't know. But him being not ready is squarely on his shoulders, not Lance's.

If you want to criticize Lance, then find something to criticize that he can actually control.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Regardless, it was a good win! i can't wait until Wednesday!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    And the bolded is my point about the part with the extremism. I've never understood fighting perceieved extremism with extremism.
    ..... I've said it since nearly the beginning. I'm not fighting anything with anything. It's how I've felt since very early on. Lance is not special. He's not talented, and even if he was I wouldn't doubt that his lack of intelligence would get in the way.

You go on this huge spiel about how Lance can't control all those things about ONE pass, but this isn't one pass. It's a trend, and one that he has control over more than you want to admit. As a passer you have a TON of control over whether the guy catches it. Passes can be too fast at too close of a distance, or they can be off target to where it's hard to catch. Passes can be difficult to catch and thrown to a guy without good hands to make that catch.

There are a million reasons the passer can be at fault for the guy not catching it. Part of being a good passer is knowing who you're passing to and making it catchable.

It's much like the difference between Peyton Manning and Dan Orlovsky. Peyton will put the ball where you have to be bad to not catch it, and Dan puts it where even good receivers have to stumble or stop momentum to catch it. Just like in the NFL, not all passes are equal even if the box score says they both got caught.

Again, more excuses.

Lance has played a total of 151 minutes in his career. It's way to early to be calling him a future All Star or a bust.

The entire team has struggled for 4 out of the first 5 games. Are you suggesting that the Pacers suck and need to blow up the team, or are you willing to give them a little more time to gel and then evaluate the team a little later down the road?

My guess, judging by your posts, is that you will give them a little more time to evaluate how all the pieces fit together.

I would hope you'd have the same standards for Lance as you do with the other 12 players on the team.

But maybe not.

Bird and Frank obviously see more talent in him than you do, and they've seen him a lot more than 151 total minutes, which is pretty much all you've seen on him.

Yeah, saying Lance is the next best since slice bread is going overboard. Calling him a bust, right now, is just as overboard.

Lance has played 36 total minutes this year. Relax.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I don't think I'm being extreme by just saying I think AJ should play over Lance. I didn't say Lance is the worst basketball player ever or something that would be akin to calling him the most talented guy on the team.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Cool beans.

I hope I never see you make any predictions about anyone ever drafted into a professional sport, ever. Or I'll be sure to remind you of your hypocrisy.