Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nets/Pacers postgame thread

Default Re: Nets/Pacers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what I wanted to see, an inferior team getting destroyed by the Pacers, it took 3 quarters but they finally did it, great game for PG 21 points 3reb 2 ast 1block and 1stl, for those that hate Lou, he got 7 points 6reb 2ast and 1block, yep we got those numbers from the last guy off the bench

We finally had a good shooting percentage..... go Pacers
    Personally I like Lou. It is, however, difficult to discuss him without comparing him to Josh.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now that I'm using my head... we didn't do well at all on the inside tonight.. Nets were without their top 2 bigs.. Brook and Kim.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Personally I like Lou. It is, however, difficult to discuss him without comparing him to Josh.
    His numbers today were similar to Josh numbers.

Josh who?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Josh does two things undeniably better than Sweet Lou: Makes highlight reel dunks and eye popping passes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Josh does two things undeniably better than Sweet Lou: Makes highlight reel dunks and eye popping passes.
    Ummm.... I think Lou can come pretty close to him on the dunks. That dunk of his from around the freethrow line splitting two defenders was pretty dang sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Ummm.... I think Lou can come pretty close to him on the dunks. That dunk of his from around the freethrow line splitting two defenders was pretty dang sweet...
    I missed that one, naturally

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Josh dunks look better because he is longer but yeah Lou looks good too, him and Josh are not to different in my opinion, they put similar numbers.

Note: Who may concern:

Please don't make this another Mcbob thread.

thank you

Mood

Lou looks like he is better than serviceable to me. The game thread can be fun in its own way, but it's not the place to start your collection of statements that accurately reflect reality.

Nice to see us bounce back so well. Liked what I saw from PG in particular. Dahntay had a pretty nice game. DC, though he will still drive us crazy sometimes when he doesn't see the open man, seems to have improved on both sides of the ball. Reminds me that he is still a young, developing player.

I wonder if Danny is still in horrible preseason mode. That's mostly a joke, but...how many games are there during a normal preseason?
    Last edited by gummy; 01-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Roy is gonna have to bring his big boy pants for us to have a shot against this years Miami team.. they are so stinkin good this year.. super athletic.
    They are beatable. They barely squeaked past minny, charlotte played them close, and ATL just beat them when they were at home.

We have a big advantage at center and pg, and Tyler has always been able to bully bosh into bad games. Plus our depth is far superior.

We matched up well with Miami last year, and we still do this year, it's in no way an automatic loss, though we'll have to play very well to win, of course.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Mood

As for Granger, he's been off shooting, clearly, but he really hasn't had that terrible of a shot selection. He'll improve and adjust his game. How can you say that he's not capable of adjusting his game when you look at him coming into the league, a defender and rebounder, and grow into a big time scorer.

He's moved the ball around alot better than he typically does, and has been solid defending and rebounding so far this year. He's in a slump, but the shot will come, in the meantime i'll take his all-around game this year.

West and Granger are proven NBA performers. That we're four and one despite them coming slow out the gate is nothing but encouraging. They'll step up as the season goes on, and when they do we should be very, very solid. They are the last guys i'm worried about, and Lou, G-Hill and the rest of the bench, plus collison, who has been far better than he was at any point last year, are all far more encouraging than a shooting slump by our two best players is discouraging.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Wish Miami had beaten Atlanta tonight. They're gonna be pissed on Wednesday. We're going to have to play very well to win.
    That's fine. Let's get it on.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    They are beatable. They barely squeaked past minny, charlotte played them close, and ATL just beat them when they were at home.

We have a big advantage at center and pg, and Tyler has always been able to bully bosh into bad games. Plus our depth is far superior.

We matched up well with Miami last year, and we still do this year, it's in no way an automatic loss, though we'll have to play very well to win, of course.
    I agree we have a big advantage at C but I'm not so sure about PG. I believe chalmers is underrated, and Norris Cole has been a good 4th qtr compliment to the big 3 thus far. However I do think we match up fairly well with the heat nonetheless

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I agree we have a big advantage at C but I'm not so sure about PG. I believe chalmers is underrated, and Norris Cole has been a good 4th qtr compliment to the big 3 thus far. However I do think we match up fairly well with the heat nonetheless
    I'm pretty high on Collison this year, both the eye test, and the stats. I'm pretty sure he's by far our leader in plus minus. Our team looks pretty good when he runs the show.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I know everyone seems to be super critical of our team in the game threads but at the time people are complaining i'd say about 70% of the time it's probably deserved. Everybody seems to kind of live in the moment in the game threads from posession to posession so I think some of that is getting taken out of context. There was at least one play in the game where Dahntay managed to turn the ball over then go back on the next play let his man draw a foul on him for an and 1. For that I called him out and said something along the lines of "God you suck Dahntay" and for that moment I'd say that was completely valid. Overall he had a good game and honestly he's not been a complete blackhole lately as some have labeled him, I just hope he continues and picks up his defense a bit.

The fact is, and this is a big point, we've improved to a point where Lance Stephenson is our worst rotation player right now, and everyone knew he was a big project. Amundson and Jones are frustrating, but are both guys that have played big minutes on good playoff teams out West. That's a good spot to be.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Just a few things:

I actually thought Danny played well tonight
    It also seemed like the refs really gave the Nets a lot more calls
    It felt like we lacked energy a lot of the night, and we still blew them out so that's nice.
    and did anyone else see when the camera caught Danny on the bench in the 4th when we had the game in hand. He looked almost like he was pouting, and then he put his head into his lap? Am I making something out of nothing?

I think you are. Danny seemed like Danny in the post game interview.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The fact is, and this is a big point, we've improved to a point where Lance Stephenson is our worst rotation player right now, and everyone knew he was a big project. Amundson and Jones are frustrating, but are both guys that have played big minutes on good playoff teams out West. That's a good spot to be.
    Price did notch 2 assists and 0 turnovers in less than 3 minutes while Lance had 1 assist and 2 turnovers in 13 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Price did notch 2 assists and 0 turnovers in less than 3 minutes while Lance had 1 assist and 2 turnovers in 13 minutes.
    Please don't get me started on Lance. Whenever a pass from Lance goes wrong it is always the receivers fault, or that seems to be the logic around here. I appreciate that he seems to be turning into a better person, but the fact is he's been a pretty lousy basketball player so far. I don't understand why he plays above Price, but hey what can you do.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    All the whining about Amundson 'sucking' and being 'horrible' in the game thread .... he only shot 3-6 for 7 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and a block in 14 minutes.

If only everyone on the team sucked that badly. We'd never lose.
    Well, DunJr, Murphy, SJones and Rush are gone. Neither Jeff has played yet and AJ hadn't really played until tonight.

It was pretty obvious that DJones would be this years #1 b!!tching magnet. But since he needed competition to fuel arguments, I guess Lou is the only other player that can receive competing votes.

Isn't this pretty much to be expected, at least until JeffP has a chance to play?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

There were some frustrating parts of tonight's game, but overall, we went into someone else's house and kicked their butt, so I'm happy.

I think Roy still needs to be more aggressive.
    Danny, IMO, is not good at getting to the rim, and he should stick with spotting up.
    Nice to see DWest start hitting shots.
    Tyler is tough. It's never gonna be pretty, but he is just tough.
    DC was solid. He's not Steve Nash, but he's solid. If he keeps improving, and why wouldn't he? I think we have a good starting PG.
    Also, nice to see George Hill start hitting some shots. I still feel like he should be the starter at SG. I like PG24, but I think our offense is better with DC and GH playing together.

Good effort tonight, and it looks to me like the team is starting to settle into the grind and how they fit together on the court a little more. Tonight's game felt more comfortable and natural, and I knew from the opening tip off that NJ didn't have a chance. That's a great feeling.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Like was stated in the game thread if our players could handle half of lance's passes instead of bobbling it or be able to hit the shots he gets them he'd have way more assists. Lance is doing a better job this year of trying to create shots for his team, but nobody seems to be able to hit those shots. Lance on offense doesn't really worry me nearly as much as Lance on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Like was stated in the game thread if our players could handle half of lance's passes instead of bobbling it or be able to hit the shots he gets them he'd have way more assists. Lance is doing a better job this year of trying to create shots for his team, but nobody seems to be able to hit those shots. Lance on offense doesn't really worry me nearly as much as Lance on defense.
    So they can catch Darren Collison's passes but not Lance's? Does Lance grease up the ball beforehand or what?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Please don't get me started on Lance. Whenever a pass from Lance goes wrong it is always the receivers fault, or that seems to be the logic around here. I appreciate that he seems to be turning into a better person, but the fact is he's been a pretty lousy basketball player so far. I don't understand why he plays above Price, but hey what can you do.
    You're not alone. I've said all along he was drafted in the 2nd round because that's his talent level. I've constantly maintained that his 'talent' is highly overrated and blown out of proportion. I've been told I'm crazy and stupid for it since day one, but I have yet to see any of this talent manifest itself anywhere but in pickup games at the NBA Summer League. For these super duper handles he supposedly has, I've seen him lose the ball nearly as much as Paul George has per minute on the court. Meh.

I don't get it, and I've never got it. I fear I never will, because he will never matter in the NBA enough for me to get it.

Anyway, I'll shut up and go back to my hole with this topic. I haven't said anything for a year, but so far he sure looks like a 2nd round talent if I ever saw one.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post: