Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PD's Biggest Loser 2012

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PD's Biggest Loser 2012

Sorry I haven't checked in. I am down 22 lbs at 246. I work out twice a week and eat salad. I watch my carb count and limit portion size.

Although I have only lost 2 lbs in the last two weeks. So I am going to have to get regimental next week on the diet. No more sweets. I did that for the first two weeks. Now I am getting careless. Those sugars really zap your progress.

Mood

Well the weight came back after being sick. I was down 4 pounds this week until the funeral days where we ended up eating out and now I am +1 pound for the week.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When I weighed in last night before bed, I hadn't lost any weight. But this morning I weighed in, and weighed a full two pounds less. Do people really lose weight while sleeping?

Anyway, my official weigh in from last night is 324.

My wife and I have appointments at Target Metabolism on March 8th to check that out. I'll let you know how it goes...
    Last edited by travmil; 02-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

I went and met with the VA nutrionist yesterday and today I have started measuring and writing down everything that I eat for the day. They gave me this cool book that has the calories, fat, sodium and carbs for most of the fast food and sit down restaurants. We set a goal of 15 pounds for the month and I will see her then to be weighed in front of a group. 1800 calorie diet has not been too bad today. She made me sign a promisary contract to exercise 5 days a week for at least 1 hour, but the doctor is going to give me a prescription to work out at the VA gym three days a week so it won't be all on the treadmill at home.

To anyone who is doing this and has a smart phone I strong suggest downloading the app MyFitnessPal.

You can enter in your goal calorie intake for the day and then keep track of everything you eat. You can just scan barcodes or enter it in and it will put the details in for you. It really has put into perspective what I have put in my body.

I got up to 175 pounds and I have dropped over 20 pounds by just eating better, keeping an eye on my calories, and reducing my intake of pop.

It is a fantastic app.

Good luck to everyone doing this.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Update to the Jan 14 post where I said I couldn't exercize and had put on 6 lbs. I still can't do anything without aggravating the knee and now a shoulder is involved too. I'm up 10 lbs (total) and the close I was begiinning to wear are starting to tighten on me. I'm seeing a sports medicine doctor Friday morning.

I know I have a Baker's Cyst behind my left knee and they may be able to help that by draining it or even removing it if it is necessary.

Here's hoping I can soon get back to the gym because it's no longer a habit.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Hang in there indygeezer, I know what you're feeling with a bum wheel. I just got the ok to walk on the treadmill today. I started the 1800 calorie diet last Tuesday and am down 8 pounds from then. I couldn't believe that after not working out once and eating a little less that it would be this much weight loss in one week.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Thanks Jeff....doc said I can do anything I want except nothing involving squat or knee type extentions. No Jacobs Ladder either...or treadmill. Too much loss of cartledge in left knee.

But as of yesterday I'm back to doing core strength work and the diet. Already lost two lbs since Sunday evening. SO I'm only up 8 from my low point and am determined to bust thru that 200 level.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Started Jenny Craig with my fiance back in Jan.

Was at 202 when I started.

Weighed in yesterday at 186.1

Lost 15.9 lbs so far

They set my goal weight at 170. Hoping to be there by our wedding in April, but I doubt it.

PS. Had my first soda since I started this 8 weeks ago today. Maybe its just coincidence, but good grief I am gassy and my gas (and poops) are stinky today

Mood

I am looking forward to a bad weigh in this week. The wife went to Henryville with the American Red Cross to volunteer with the clean-up and I stayed home with the kids. Having to cook for everyone, ordering out and the added stress of dealing with the kids took a toll on eating habits. The stress of continuing to look for a job weighed in too. Add the fact that I woke up this morning and my calf feels like it is wound up tighter than a guiter string makes it not possible to walk on the treadmill this week. I still have been writing down my food that I eat but I have been consistently in the high 1900-2100 calorie range, over from the 1800 calorie diet set by the nutritionist. I guess it is a good thing I don't go back to see her until late March. I will be much stricter starting tomorrow. The wife is going shopping for the weeks worth of food and she is getting me some pre-packaged meals so I can eat better while she is gone this week. I am glad she came home for the weekend.

Mood

Down three pounds from last week.

Mood

OK so I had my meeting with the nutriotionist at Target Metabolism last night. Some very interesting things. She said basically that the diet I was restricting myself to was impossible to maintain and wasn't enough calories for me. They measure the amount of caolories you would burn even if you slept 24 hours a day. Then they add in your daily activity. They take the higher number, do a calculation, and come up with your target calorie intake. My target calorie intake was almost 800 calories higher than the number I was actually taking in. She said it's important to stay around that target number. Found out a lot of interesting stuff.

My weight hasn't changed, still at 324.

Lost 1.4 lbs.

Pretty surprising considering how much I went out this past week

Mood

Down 4 pounds this week. I meet with the nutritionist tomorrow so hopefully I am close to the 15 pound goal for the month.

Mood

Keep up the good work guys or gals, I am down sixty pounds from where I was. So if I can do it anyone can...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

I went and weighed in today with the nutritionist at the VA in Marion. My scale must be broken at home. I thought that I was going to barely make our goal of 15 pounds. Instead when I stepped on the scale it had me at losing 24 pounds for the month. We checked it with 2 other scales at the hospital and the other two had me losing the same and one had me at a pound more lost. I have only exercised 1 time this past month (yesterday walking 2.5 miles at the park). The only thing I did differently was count calories. We set another goal of 10 pounds for the next month and increased calories to 2000.

Mood

I meant to report in this morning. I had my second meeting with my target metabolism nutritionist last evening, and I lost another 7 lbs. That's pretty staggering for me in less than two weeks since my intitial meeting.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

I waited to reply because my home scale is not working right. I lost another 2 pounds per the VA scale.

Lost 2.9 lbs this week 19 lbs total. 8.1 inches total in 13 weeks

Mood

Ok so through the end of March my weight is 314. That's 21 lbs lost for a percentage loss of 6.3%.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Had a bad week so my weight went up 3 pounds . Waiting for new job offer, daughter sick and worrying about my business plan drove me to overeat a bit. I am gonna be starting to walk on the treadmill tomorrow and be proactive on the calorie count and what kind of things I am eating. Skipping meals to be able to eat more in the evening did not prove to be successful. I now have until May1 to lose 13 pounds. My daughter has volunteered to be my personal coach and she is on top of it . I think with the upcoming baseball practices, her learning to ride a bike and being more disciplined will get better results.

Mood

Well even though the contest is "officially" past the original run time, I am going to continue to check in as I am continuing on with the Target Metabolism program. I am losing weight slowly. Down another two pounds from last week to 312. The great thing about Target is that it forces you to account for EVERYTHING you eat. I can honestly say that I had to have been eating double what I am eating now. Hard to lose weight that way.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well even though the contest is "officially" past the original run time, I am going to continue to check in as I am continuing on with the Target Metabolism program. I am losing weight slowly. Down another two pounds from last week to 312. The great thing about Target is that it forces you to account for EVERYTHING you eat. I can honestly say that I had to have been eating double what I am eating now. Hard to lose weight that way.
    I think I am going to do the same because I need that structure to keep it up. The VA makes me write down everything I eat too and then we get together and review how it went.

Mood

Just weighed in and lost 2 pounds for the week. Now that I am starting to work I think that will help tremendously in getting my exercise in while running around the place helping customers, answering phone calls, testing stuff and and in general being in a faster work pace for an extended period of time. Also I am expirementing with a supplement that was endorsed by Dr. OZ on his show last week. It is called Raspberry Ketones. It is the chemical inside the berry that makes them smell the way the do. He said if we were to just eat more raspberries that it would take 9 pounds of raspberries to get the same dosing. It has had no side effects on me these past two days and it seems to get me a little more energetic and I feel a little better. I just do one in the morning and one at night. I take that back, the one side effect is if I burp it smells like raspberries to me a little bit.

I haven't been participating in this contest but I thought I would share that I have lost another 20 lbs since Christmas. From October 2009 when I weighed 267 lbs I am down to 195 lbs currently. In one year I lost over 50 lbs.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post: