Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PD's Biggest Loser 2012

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default PD's Biggest Loser 2012

If anyone is interested in playing, I'm starting a new diet today.

My weigh in was 335 pounds which is the heaviest I've ever been.

I'll also be tracking my diet, exercise, and weight loss progress with the Lose It! app for my smart phone. If you don't have a smart phone, you can track just at the website. My wife and I took our "before" pictures this morning at the weigh in.

Default Re: PD's Biggest Loser 2012

I'm in at 240. I did a juice fast for 2 days and lost nine pounds over the weekend. I felt like crap and couldn't take it anymore. My wife is still on it and going for a week.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I'm in - been on a diet the past 2 months before the holidays to drop 20lbs but im sure i've picked a few lbs during the days off...will post stats soon

I'm 175. I just need to lose the small pot belly. I blame marriage for that!

Already started to work out again, but I need to do cardio.

Best of luck on your diet. You should start a blog to help keep track. Or just start a post on here. Then the PD community can help keep you accountable.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

I am in. I am at my all time high weight of 332. I am starting back on the treadmill and will be going to classes sponsored by the VA for overweight Veterans. I have gone in the past and everyone gets weighed and a counselor talks with everyone on how their progress is going and recommends further steps. If anyone out there is a vet, it is called the MOVE program, it is free and they do a lot of helping people.

Nerd.
    Mood

I'm in. I'm at my alltime heaviest at 260 lbs. I'm starting to run again and workout. I have made attempts in the past to lose weight and have been successful, but I've never stuck with it. I need to stick with it. For my wife and son and myself.

Mood

How long do we want to run it? I was hoping for at least 8 weeks but I'd really like to do 12 through the end of March? Is that too long? My overall goal will take much longer.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long do we want to run it? I was hoping for at least 8 weeks but I'd really like to do 12 through the end of March? Is that too long? My overall goal will take much longer.
    I think 12 would be good. My overall goal will take longer as well.

Mood

I like 12 weeks also. I have am uch bigger goal down the road but 12 weeks should be enough to get me started in the right direction.

Mood

Sounds like consensus on 12 weeks to me so let's lay out the rest. In the past we've done weekly weigh ins so I'd like to continue that. And we will go by percentage of original bodyweight lost just like the show to determine who the biggest loser is.

If anyone has any workout/diet ideas they'd like to share please feel free. I'd be particulary interested in what you guys are doing for healthy snacks. I can eat carrots and celery if I have to but if anyone has a way to dress anything up and still have it be healthy I'm all ears.

Also, anyone is free to join in at ANY time. I don't care if you were with us the whole 12 weeks or not. The goal here is overall health for me, not bragging rights. I will brag about losing weight, but not because I "beat" someone else.

First check in will be Monday, January 9th.

Good luck everyone. Let's be healthier!

12 weeks is fine.

after holidays weight- 211lb...yeesh...gained 8lbs over the holidays...

I'm starting my regime today.
    I don't have chance for much workout/etc during winter as my body can't handle it and end up getting sick so my route will be to go with my diet change.

I have breakfast which consists of 2 eggs and a slice or two of cheese. Everyday I make the eggs differently so i don't get bored of it.

for lunch i just have a small chocolate

dinner consists of a salad - basically a plate full of mixed greens and one portion of meat on top, whether it is tuna, grilled chicken breast, beef, etc...depending on what is available.

I'm cutting out on all the carbs, only drinking water and tea and only dessert is chocolate.

this has been a pretty good lifestyle for me which i maintained the past few months...im just waiting till may - which is when i can hit the gym...so in the meantime im lookin' at cutting out the extra lbs.

I'm in, I did a biggest loser thing last year for work and cut from 245 down to 223. This morning I was 227 (we'll blame it on the holidays)

I would like to fluctuate between 210-215, which is probably about where I should be, I'm 6'5

I found the best way to lose weight it to keep track of your food on something like myfitnesspal.com or some other ap like that. I play ball 3 times a week and soccer twice for my workout, it's just my diet I struggle with.

I open to any tips or tricks any of you have used

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by thefeistyone View Post
    I open to any tips or tricks any of you have used
    Good Luck!
    No matter how hard you try there are going to be times you hit the quick fast food route. Don't be embarrassed and order the kids meal instead of the #1 combos.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    No matter how hard you try there are going to be times you hit the quick fast food route. Don't be embarrassed and order the kids meal instead of the #1 combos.
    Also, swap out the fries if you can. Even a little bag of the cookies is better for you than deep fried carbohydrates.

Mood

I'll go, let me weigh myself this evening.

I've lost 52 lbs the past two years so I won't be participating in this round.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I'm 175. I just need to lose the small pot belly. I blame marriage for that!

Already started to work out again, but I need to do cardio.

Best of luck on your diet. You should start a blog to help keep track. Or just start a post on here. Then the PD community can help keep you accountable.
    Hear you on that... If you don't have a kid yet count on more. ITS SOOOO HARDD TOO WORKOUT with a youngster.

For those who want tips and no I haven't tried this but heard about this and think it may help with eating too much.

Chia seeds.. Personally i hate feeling empty but this may help with the "not so full feeling that makes you want a burger instead of a salad.

Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
    1. Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
    2. Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
    3. Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
    4. Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
    5. Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
    6. Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
    7. They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.
    Edit: not sure if all these points are true but you can do your own research if you interested.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

good luck guys! i'll be rooting for all of you.

Mood

Reason 8 for eating Chia seeds.

If you decide you don't like them, you can always use them to grow funny and/or fashionable terra cotta figurines in your personal indoor garden.

That's serious BTW. I wondered, and when I checked out the Chia seeds Gamble mentioned, sure enough, they are the same thing you put on a Chia Pet.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I went from 260 to 235 last fall...now I'm up to 240 and really need a kick in the *** to get going again.

This will do it although with the bum knee now I won't be doing much cardio so my goal will be 225 by the end of March.....200 by the end of August.

btw.....I'm 5'8" and mid-60's.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

first check in: 209lb (-2lb)

Mood

First Weigh in Check: 331. One pound after all of that working out. Next step will be to start with portion sizes. It doesn't help though that my wife is a master candy and pie maker, curse that sugar cream pie...

Mood

My first check in is 331 lbs, so 4 lbs, decent start.

I didn't do any exercising this week other than walking my dog a bit extra. What I did do was religiously watch my calorie intake. I didn't cut out snacks completely, but when I did snack, I tried to choose something like a piece of fruit, or if all I had was something bad for you I weighed it out and made sure to take no more than the suggested serving. I also went cold turkey on diet soda and went to a glass of skim milk in the morning and H2O the rest of the day.So far so good I suppose.
    Last edited by travmil; 01-10-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Still at 240....but I got up to 243 after a wild weekend. That came back off easily enough but now to get to serious work.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Nerd.
    Mood

First check in...

258 lbs. Down 2 lbs.

Stryder.