Thread: Cousins has demanded to be traded

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If they'll take dhantay I will

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Cousins has demanded to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cousins literally has no leverage here, which speaks volumes as to how much of a shambles the Kings organization is in to bend to his whim.
    Exactly. Why couldn't the Kings quietly shop Cousins around instead of announcing to the world that he'd made a trade demand? They just killed his trade value.

I'm reminded of the Artest situation with us, but in Ron's case he made his trade demand directly to the media. Kings had control of this situation, and now they just gave it away. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Beasley for Cousins makes sense for both teams. opens more PT for Derrick Williams and Anthony Randolph. Beasley plays just as stupid as Cousins it makes sense but I doubt Kahn does it he loves Beasley.
    Sacramento needs to acquire some players that are actually willing to pass the damn ball.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Here's a little known fact....and a really surprising one at that ESPECIALLY for a Center....Cousin's FG percentage over the last year:

2010-2011 : 43% on 12.4 FGA through 81 games playing 28 mpg
    2011-2012 : 32% on 13.3 FGA through 4 games playing 27 mpg

I know that Cousin's is super athletic, can rebound and block shots and I'm guessing that his offense is really raw....but I had no idea that he was such a poor shooter as a Center.

I really thought that Hibbert's FG percentage was 46% on 11 FGA last season and has averaged 57% on 10 FGA this season....but at least Hibbert has some decent and solid range on his jumpshot.

On top of that...I know that the Kings are rebuilding and all...but I would have to seriously question the attitude/mentality of a 2nd Year Player that is getting a good # of minutes that would demand a trade from a Team that decided to draft him as a Lottery Pick.

IMHO....it is unheard of for a Sophomore Player to demand a trade in his 2nd year unless he was getting minimal minutes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

The Rockets are going to be all over this, that could be the perfect situation for him.

The fans in Sacramento want Westphal fired over this.

This just goes to show how terrible the management is in Sacramento. Their insistence that Tyreke Evans be their franchise player, even though Cousins is their best player, had to tick off Demarcus. Their is no excuse to push away your best player, and give to the keys to an unproven prospect likeTyreke Evans. Blake Griffin has been treated like royalty in LA, and Cousins never got that kind of treatment in Sacramento. If Demarcus goes to a contender, watch out

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Despite the attitude, Cousins has huge trade value, much more than Beasley. Miami was mainly shedding cap with the Beasley trade. Cousins is a 21 year old, man-sized big that put up 14/8.6 in his rookie year.
    Maybe the most inefficient 14/8 in league history. Between his turnovers, fouls, techs, ft%, fg%, and team killing attitude, I'm surprised anybody on here would want him.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Banned

I agree what offense?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-what-offense/

Kings players on Paul Westphal’s offense: “What*offense?”
    Kurt Helin Jan 1, 2012, 11:43 AM EST
    13 Comments

Getty Images
    “What offense?”
    When the guy who is supposed to be the anchor in the middle for your franchise for the next decade says that about the team’s offensive system, you’ve got a serious issue. You’ve got a coach on the hot seat.
    You’ve got Sacramento.
    In the race to the bottom for the first coach fired this year, Knicks fans were hoping that Mike D’Antoni was leading the way, but then Flip Saunders surged when he couldn’t fill out the lineup correctly*(plus the Wizards are a mess).
    Paul Westphal should have been on the hot seat last offseason, but in Sacramento there were much bigger issues to focus on than the coach. Like keeping the team in Sacramento. But there still seems to be plenty of friction between staff and plyers, enough friction to make the coach’s seat hot. Here are some player quotes from the Sacramento Bee after Saturday’s thumping at the hands of D’Antoni’s Knicks (hat tip to Tom Ziller at SBN):
    “What offense?” DeMarcus Cousins replied when asked about the Kings’ most obvious weakness. “I really don’t want to say anything.” He shrugged. He shook his head. He exhaled. He ducked under a towel. His body said plenty….
    “It seems like everybody is out there for themselves. He (Westphal) says to push the ball, but it’s like when the first pass gets through, we’re done,” Tyreke Evans said.
    Then from another Bee article:
    “I just try to get open as I can and create,” Evans said. “It’s no real set for me, nobody really in the offense. Just pass, cut. We lost; nobody really knows what to do. I think that’s what’s really hurting us right now.”
    Westphal’s contract runs through the end of the season and in cost-conscious Sacramento that may be enough to keep his job until then. But right now there is a team in central California with real potential that seems to just be adrift, and as the losses mount pressure to make a change will grow. Fast. This is a team that should be better than it has looked this season (or last, frankly).

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Here's a little known fact....and a really surprising one at that ESPECIALLY for a Center....Cousin's FG percentage over the last year:

2010-2011 : 43% on 12.4 FGA through 81 games playing 28 mpg
    2011-2012 : 32% on 13.3 FGA through 4 games playing 27 mpg

I know that Cousin's is super athletic, can rebound and block shots and I'm guessing that his offense is really raw....but I had no idea that he was such a poor shooter as a Center.

I really thought that Hibbert's FG percentage was 46% on 11 FGA last season and has averaged 57% on 10 FGA this season....but at least Hibbert has some decent and solid range on his jumpshot.

On top of that...I know that the Kings are rebuilding and all...but I would have to seriously question the attitude/mentality of a 2nd Year Player that is getting a good # of minutes that would demand a trade from a Team that decided to draft him as a Lottery Pick.

IMHO....it is unheard of for a Sophomore Player to demand a trade in his 2nd year unless he was getting minimal minutes.
    Cousins should be getting a minimum of 35 mpg. 27 mpg isn't enough for a prospect like Demarcus. Hard to get into the flow of the game

I think Atlanta, Houston and the Wolves have the pieces to make a trade work.

I want to know is if the Pacers can help facilitate a trade? We need a scorer or at least a backup big to spell Roy. Amundson is just a foul machine. We can't count on Pends/Foster.

Minnesota has Brad Miller, Randolph and Beasley that are interesting. Maybe Wesley Johnson (hasn't done well and maybe had for cheap; sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery).
    Houston has Patterson and Hill
    Atlanta only has Smith that I'm interested in, but we don't really need him unless we trade West. I've been pretty happy with West so far.

I could see Boston trading some veterans for Cousins (like Ray), and a veteran could help a young Kings team. Maybe we could still get Rondo. We need a guard that can really create, defend and get some ball movement on offense.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Why can't the players, coaches and owners just accept the multi-million dollar paychecks, play basketball and shaddup?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Westphal's offensive strategy may very well be atrocious, but Cousins is essentially quitting on his teammates. This guy either needs to be sent to a team with an esteemed NBA coach or a team full of vets.

If I were Sacramento I'd send him to their D-league team ASAP. If he doesn't report he doesn't get paid.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Westphal's offensive strategy may very well be atrocious, but Cousins is essentially quitting on his teammates. This guy either needs to be sent to a team with an esteemed NBA coach or a team full of vets.
    That's why I could see Boston. Plus a veteran could help a team like the Kings.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

No matter what your thoughts are on this, everyone has to admire the incredible leadership shown by DeMarcus Cousins. This is further proof that Cousins is willing to do anything to win, and is one of the best leaders in the NBA.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...75#post1320375

22. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Here's an anonymous player poll I'd love to see: Who is the craziest player in the league? I'd love to hear what they say. I'd pay $100 to see the results of that.

Banned

Yeah Houston is the right place they also have Patterson, the only guy that was able to control Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I think Atlanta, Houston and the Wolves have the pieces to make a trade work.

I want to know is if the Pacers can help facilitate a trade? We need a scorer or at least a backup big to spell Roy. Amundson is just a foul machine. We can't count on Pends/Foster.

Minnesota has Brad Miller, Randolph and Beasley that are interesting. Maybe Wesley Johnson (hasn't done well and maybe had for cheap; sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery).
    Houston has Patterson and Hill
    Atlanta only has Smith that I'm interested in, but we don't really need him unless we trade West. I've been pretty happy with West so far.

I could see Boston trading some veterans for Cousins (like Ray), and a veteran could help a young Kings team. Maybe we could still get Rondo. We need a guard that can really create, defend and get some ball movement on offense.
    I see Boston being very interested in Cousins. I also see Boston not offering Rondo, Allen, Pierce, or Garnett to get him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Here's an anonymous player poll I'd love to see: Who is the craziest player in the league? I'd love to hear what they say. I'd pay $100 to see the results of that.
    Ron Artest hands down.

Celtics would be a good place for Cousins. It's a veteran team and you know Garnett would not take any of Cousins' ****.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Ron Artest hands down.
    Metta World Peace, you mean? I don't know. I'd just like to see the different players that would get votes. It'd be awesome if someone like Steve Nash got a handful of votes

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Birdman would have to be up there.

Banned

Metta World Peace, you mean? I don't know. I'd just like to see the different players that would get votes. It'd be awesome if someone like Steve Nash got a handful of votes
    Tyler would get some votes for sure.

Celtics would be a good place for Cousins. It's a veteran team and you know Garnett would not take any of Cousins' ****.
    This is an excellent point. The Celtics need exactly that type of player...although they might need to perform a lobotomy on him.