Thread: One down - 81 to go!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default One down - 81 to go!

You gotta love a group that scraps like this one does. I'm with Artest - I love being the underdog. Whoot!

Some observations:

- the unusual lineup made for some confusion on defense. More than once we saw Pacers getiing tangled and both either trying to stay or trying to go after a crossover or doubleteam. That'll hopefully work itself out.

- Again showing some rust on the offense, they still don't use their screens effectively. Waaaay too many screens being set to the blind side of the ball handler, who then proceeds to ignore the screen and continue on.

Great win, though, against a hyped team in their own house.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: One down - 81 to go!

[edit=74=1099538275][/edit]

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Couldn't ask for much more out of a season opener, eh?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To think there was some people who wanted to trade Ron this summer , for some Peja guy

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To think there was some people who wanted to trade Ron this summer , for some Peja guy
    I know!Tonights game shows you why you don't trade a player like Ron.Hes what 24-25 years old?He is still not in his prime yet.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

It's been tough for me to get properly hyped about the season, being away from Indy for the first time to start a hoops season, not being able to go to or see any of the preseason games. Then all the injuries. But man am I fired up now.

Tinsley and Artest were incredible, and was that Scot Pollard finally making his way from Sacramento? Good to meet you, dude.

Big time grit displayed while short-handed on the road against a Cavs team that is surely on their own mission this season, especially to immediately regroup after James hit that prayer to force the first OT.

Southside_Pacer

Didn't get to see to game due to a college class, but I am very, very, very proud of the effort the Pacers gave tonight due to accounts I've read.

All the guys on the team left it all out on the floor, and that's all we can ever ask for night in and night out.

As I heard Pollard say, they know they can win a tough game on the road, and they just happend to do it on opening day.