Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 351 to 361 of 361

Thread: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

  1. #351
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    This was a schedule loss.. plain and simple.. I'm not angry...

    I would rather us get our bad play out of our system early
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  3. #352
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was a schedule loss.. plain and simple.. I'm not angry...

    I would rather us get our bad play out of our system early
    no it was not

  4. #353
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Why wasn't it ? we have played 4 games in 5 days , (not counting the 2 preseason games the week before because they are irrelevant)... We were due for a stinker due to fatigue.. I mean damn, the guys didn't even get in Detroit till I think I read 3am this morning...
    Unless I am getting my terminology mixed up... But I know what I am trying to convey..
    Last edited by Kemo; 12-31-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  5. #354
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why wasn't it ? we have played 4 games in 5 days , (not counting the 2 preseason games the week before because they are irrelevant)... We were due for a stinker due to fatigue.. I mean damn, the guys didn't even get in Detroit till I think I read 3am this morning...
    Unless I am getting my terminology mixed up... But I know what I am trying to convey..
    so did Detroit they were in Boston last night and played there 4th game of the year in the same time frame. That is just we were in the same situation as DET they just played better.

    A scheduled loss is when a team as 3 days off and the other is playing a 2nd half of a back to back. That I consider a schedule loss this was not a schedule loss.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  7. #355
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Detroit had the advantage of motivation. They lost to us just a few days ago. We probably relaxed thinking it was going to be the same team. Sometimes winning a game hurts you the next time you see that team. It's something that contenders don't do, but we're not contenders yet. So it shouldn't be a huge shock.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  9. #356

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Are we seriously trying to come up with excuses for this loss? The Pacers have played this way for four games now but have been lucky to play an opponent just as offensively inept for three of them.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  11. #357
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we seriously trying to come up with excuses for this loss? The Pacers have played this way for four games now but have been lucky to play an opponent just as offensively inept for three of them.
    You're right. There's never an excuse to lose. We should be undefeated every year!! RAWWR!!

    I mean, it's not like the other teams have professional players too.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  13. #358
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,988

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we seriously trying to come up with excuses for this loss? The Pacers have played this way for four games now but have been lucky to play an opponent just as offensively inept for three of them.
    I disagree. Our defense in the first 3 games was much, much better. No we did not play like this

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  15. #359
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Our defense in the first 3 games was much, much better. No we did not play like this
    Ya that was a basketball excuse not stupid off the court different story. We lost because of bad defense and terrible offense not because it was a back to back.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  17. #360
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we seriously trying to come up with excuses for this loss? The Pacers have played this way for four games now but have been lucky to play an opponent just as offensively inept for three of them.
    Yeah, we eventually had to play teams better than Detr-- oh.

  18. #361
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/31/11 Indiana at Pistons game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who is IU.

    One thing I still dont see, so many say the Pacers are such a deep team, I say they are 7 deep, beyond Ty and Hill, we don't have much and it seems to me everytime we go beyod 7 deep our team plays poorly
    I agree, though Foster is a nice #8.
    Thing is, beyond #7 there is absolutely NO offense. Lance maybe someday, but not now. DJ wants to be offensive - the entire offense at times - but he is not playing to his strengths when he does so. We need a 2/3 who can score (esp. one w/ a strong 3pt shot) & we would be much better IMO.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
  2. 03/25/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 463
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 08:56 PM
  3. 6/1/2004 ECF Playoff Game Thread: Pacers at Pistons (Game 6)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 288
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 11:42 PM
  4. 5/26/2004 ECF Playoff Game Thread: Pacers at Pistons (Game 3)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:58 PM
  5. Extensive game 3 coverage from the Boston Globe.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •