Thread: What's wrong with our offense?

Threaded View

Default What's wrong with our offense?

Let me first start off this post on a more positive note as to limit the possible misconstrued notion that I'm a pessimistic pacer fan with no faith whatsoever in my hometown team. That isn't the case at all.

First, our defense has been impressive. It's reminding me a lot of the 03-04 post season defense, when we rarely let our opponents get to 90 points, let alone 80. At this very moment, we lead the league in rebounding, are top 5 in steals and blocks, and are holding our opponents to a very low FG%.

THERE! I got the positive stuff out of the way. Like I said, a few aspects are surprising me so far this year that I'm very happy with.

The only thing that concerns me is the offensive side of the floor. It just bugs me that we can't score against teams like Toronto, Detroit, or Cleveland, teams who aren't notoriously known for defense.

Wasn't it just last year we were scoring 144 points against a top 10 defensive team? Wasn't it just last year we beat the Lakers at Staples Center for the first time in Pacers franchise history? The offensive side of the floor is what kept us in the games against the better teams. Shooters such as Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, and Aj Price always gave us a boost in that area. Let's not forget about the passing we're missing from Josh McRoberts(he's averaging 5 assists with the lakers at the moment).

Ball movement for us is incredibly rare this season. We also aren't seeing a lot of OFF the ball movement, from anyone. So how is it our team has changed this much? Why can't we score? I'm having a hard time believing the losses of Dunleavy and Rush would make much of a difference, even though they were our only PURE shooters on the team.

We will continue beating the average/mediocre teams with this kind of rebounding and defense, but without a pure shooter, lack of ball movement on and off the ball, we will NOT even have a chance to beat the elite teams in the league.

So...first things first.

We....need....A SHOOTER!

Who agrees? Anyone?
    Last edited by ThatPacerFan; 12-31-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird