Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

Just watched SportsCenter highlights of the game, and at the end the host says "Hey, the Cavaliers are undefeated" *facepalm*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersFan1991 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry Bird in the background clapping. He likes what he sees out this team.
    The guy behind him is thanking god for Pacers basketball.

Banned

Hill and Tyler were the guys today for 3 quarters, if Hill keeps playing the way he played today he is going to be the starter, PG disappeared today let's hope he does better tomorrow, horrible game but a win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He sure could in HS he was an Eric Gordon like assassin. But dont forget J.J Reddick could score in college and he went to Duke which is great competition. Guys like Reggie Williams scored at will in college the NBA is a different beast. Not saying he wont become more of a scorer but I wouldn't expect anything to crazy. My guess is George Hill's career year will be 12-16ppg area.
    I would be beyond thrilled with a season of games like tonight. 15 ppt with amazing defense and timely plays.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

My new nickname for David West is "honey badger"....oh you go up by 2 points on an anthony parker 3 pointer? David West doesn't give a **** he hits a running floater in the lane with a few seconds left to tie it up.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I would be beyond thrilled with a season of games like tonight. 15 ppt with amazing defense and timely plays.
    So would I most I expect out of him is 12ppg but he could surprise me. I like his defense and mentality though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We were very lucky tonight. Still can't believe Kyrie missed that bunny.
    I was terrified every time Irving touched the ball in the 4th quarter. Great pick by the Cavs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    My new nickname for David West is "honey badger"....oh you go up by 2 points on an anthony parker 3 pointer? David West doesn't give a **** he hits a running floater in the lane with a few seconds left to tie it up.
    That might be a perfect nickname. Someone needs to share that video to explain it to everyone. Preemptive NSFW warning, by the way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    That might be a perfect nickname. Someone needs to share that video to explain it to everyone. Preemptive NSFW warning, by the way.
    I definitely would but for some reason it will not let me post videos from youtube i've tried it quite a few different ways. It's depressing . You can post it though

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Dahntay Jones would simply pass the ball or look to score only when the opportunity presented itself, he'd be a great asset off the bench. He's a tough energetic player who brings a defensive presence to the perimeter. However, to put it simply, he needs to cut the crap. The fact that he's doing the same things offensively that he's done since he's been here is ridiculous. Has no one called him out on this? Coaches? Teammates?

I'm not surprised on Irving. The dude came back from his foot injury and scored at will in the NCAA tournament without losing a beat. He was the safest and surest thing in this past NBA Draft. He'll be an all-star for a long time. Kid's a player.
    Last edited by PR07; 12-31-2011 at 04:22 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    I don't know why the attendance was low tonight. Where'd everyone go from the home opener is what I wanted to know? We were 2-0 from that point to tonight.

I spoke with a lady at the box office and she said after the New Year/the holiday season, attendance will probably be higher.

Oh yeah and most importantly WE WON! 3 WINS 0 LOSSES!!!!

This is a hell of a team and we're on the rise and we aren't going unnoticed.

The Pacers and Hawks will be neck and neck the whole season I think.
    I really didn't think the attendance was that bad?? I went to a game where we played the Cavs last year for .25 cents and sat in the lower bowl. The fieldhouse wasn't full, but it definetly wasn't scarcely populated. Think of games in the past when we would have played a team of the Cavs magnitude.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Cavs are going to quickly come back to being a decent team behind Irving. I will cheer like crazy for them whenever they play Miami. I thought they played us tough and were extremely active on defense, causing problems in passing lanes and slapping the ball away. Also, they got every darn loose ball in the game. The officiating was horrendous tonight.

But, as frustrating as that stuff was, this is still a W, and I have told myself not to read too much into each individual game this year. With the team still trying to gel and the crazy, condensed schedule, I think it would be foolish to make too much out of any one game. Let's try to assess the team every 5 or 10 games to see if they're improving in specific areas.

What I really, REALLY like about this team is the balanced attack. No one is hung up on "gotta get mine" or "I'm the #1 option" here. Danny can score 15-20, DWest can score 15-20, Roy can score 15-20, Hill is coming around and will join that group. Tyler, DC, and PG24 can throw in 10-15 with other things like rebounds, defense, or assists. This team is winning because no one has to be a superstar, they just have to give 100%.

Once again, three guys with double-doubles. Five guys scored in double digits. We got decent minutes from Lance, Lou, and Inferno (though I know everyone has their own opinions on those guys). It's just a total team effort.

Ugly win, but it's a win. This team is still young, but we have the added blessing of veterans like Danny and DWest, and every win is still a learning experience for the younger guys.

3-0 baby!!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post

Seems like Peck and Diamond Dave were impressed as well.
    LOL, it's like playing Where's Waldo!

Also, LOVE that Bird is excited about this team. A lot of people have been very, very skeptical of Bird as GM (and not without reason), but I really think he knows how to win and he's assembling a darn good TEAM.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Loosely translated:

This is David West, watch him run in slow motion. West is pretty bad *ss. Look, he runs all over the place, woah, watch out says Anderson Varajeo. Wow....West just blocked Antawn Jamison's shot? He's chasing Kyrie Irving? Oh my Gosh, David West is just craaazzy. David West has been referred to by Pacers Digest as the most fearless Player in a Pacers uniform, he really doesn't give a *****. If he wants to score, he just scores. Whenever West wants to rebound the ball, he doesn't rebound the ball...he takes the ball and owns it. David West just takes what he wants. Watch this, Anthony Parker just hit a 3pt shot to put the Cavs up by 2 with 17 seconds left? David West doesn't care, he just turns around and nails a 2pt shot to tie the game up with 4 seconds left in the game. West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-31-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    LOL, it's like playing Where's Waldo!

Also, LOVE that Bird is excited about this team. A lot of people have been very, very skeptical of Bird as GM (and not without reason), but I really think he knows how to win and he's assembling a darn good TEAM.
    That's actually saying a lot considering Larry, does anyone still have that clip of everyone in the building going nuts while he's just standing there very stoic and nonchalant about some game winning shot that just happened.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

This is pretty random but has anyone noticed how good Darren is at stopping the fast break? I don't remember it last season but in the 2 preseason games and 3 regular season games I can recall him single handedly stopping 4-5 fastbreaks. Its just really nice to see him hustling even when the other team has an advantage, and it turns out especially in the raptors and cavaliers games that those stops made a huge impact. Keep up the good work Darren!

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sobleski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Except that Tyrann Mathieu has already got that nickname locked up...

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post

Seems like Peck and Diamond Dave were impressed as well.
    This photo is the new background on my iPad!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan1991 View Post
    This photo is the new background on my iPad!
    This may be the funniest photo ever. Dante Jones is having a Kodak moment he is cheesing so big, Lance Stephenson looks like he stares on in envy(though he just appears that way, and has been the ultimate team player so far), Foster looks like he is posing for a photo on a dating website, there is a left hand fist pump, a right hand fist pump, a guy praising God, a guy who looks like he talks a lot with hand motions, a guy who likes like he is playing patty cakes, and Larry Bird enjoying the fruits of his labor. LOVE it.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

Mood

sooo which one of you sits in section 1, row 13, seat 11?

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Except that Tyrann Mathieu has already got that nickname locked up...
    Yep......plus "honey badger" seems like a football name anyway.

[QUOTE=imawhat;1332924]

I love David West. but I underestimated his impact.

West and Hill are perfect for this team psychologically. They're both very serious and focused, which can help ground some of the other guys that get too high and too low. QUOTE]

Didn't we all!

They came from winning teams over the years. They know how to win. You can't over emphasize how huge of an impact this is. The Pacers core b4, they arrived, didn't know how to win. They are learning how now with the winning experience of DWest and Hill. Success breeds success.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post

I was terrified every time Irving touched the ball in the 4th quarter. Great pick by the Cavs

Which poster was it, after the Cavs 1st game, that said the Cavs made terrible picks with Irving and Thompson? Granted Thompson didn't have a good game, but he wasn't a Thabeet pick by any stretch of the imagination. I saw him in a previous game, maybe Detroit, and liked his play.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post

What I really, REALLY like about this team is the balanced attack. No one is hung up on "gotta get mine" or "I'm the #1 option" here. Danny can score 15-20, DWest can score 15-20, Roy can score 15-20, Hill is coming around and will join that group. Tyler, DC, and PG24 can throw in 10-15 with other things like rebounds, defense, or assists. This team is winning because no one has to be a superstar, they just have to give 100%.

It's the style of play Detroit used to win a Championship. As much as I didn't like Detroit, I enjoyed how they played... TOGETHER AS A TEAM.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    also the Pacers tweeted something very interesting

"After losing 31 straight games in which they shot less than 40% from the floor, the Pacers have won all three such games this season."
    Looks like Conrad reads PD as well.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown