Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you give for Westbrook?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: What would you give for Westbrook?

I would give Dahntay Jones for Westbrook.

They are about the same kind of player, except DJ is a better defender.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I live here in OKC and he isn't going anywhere, the team loves him, the fans love him, and it would take a massive deal to get him, and that ain't happening.
    This.

Some people here are pointing to stats. If they were reliable, Troy Murphy would be a multi-year all-star. The fact is, Westbrook is easily one of the top 20 players in the entire league and still very young. As good as Danny has been playing, there's no way he's valued as high. People need to realize that it would take more than Granger to acquire him...and that's a pretty high cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This.

Some people here are pointing to stats. If they were reliable, Troy Murphy would be a multi-year all-star. The fact is, Westbrook is easily one of the top 20 players in the entire league and still very young. As good as Danny has been playing, there's no way he's valued as high. People need to realize that it would take more than Granger to acquire him...and that's a pretty high cost.
    I agree on a couple of counts; Westbrook is a top 20 player no doubt, his cost would be way too high unless we can get okc to hate him. Disagree on one thing; statistics do have their place in the conversation because it disproved the "he doesn't pass the ball" or "he is just a chucker" comments.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    I agree on a couple of counts; Westbrook is a top 20 player no doubt, his cost would be way too high unless we can get okc to hate him. Disagree on one thing; statistics do have their place in the conversation because it disproved the "he doesn't pass the ball" or "he is just a chucker" comments.
    Well, in defense of the other side, I would say greater assists may very well indicate a ball dominant PG. It did for Iverson. If he always has the ball, he will in fact have more assists. So, while stats tell you something, they are constantly lying to you...or more precisely, it is far more difficult to interpret stats than some are willing to admit and many people are not capable of doing it adequately to draw a valid conclusion. Not saying you are not capable, but it's a lot harder than many people think because there is very often an explanation that negates the stat.

In any event, Russell is more than a year younger than Darren Collison, plays a crucial position on a team and is still learning. He's also a great defender for that position and puts an incredible amount of pressure on the defense as he can drive and score in bunches. He will only get better the next few years and I would trade anyone on the team except potentially Paul George for him in a microsecond.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Well, in defense of the other side, I would say greater assists may very well indicate a ball dominant PG. It did for Iverson. If he always has the ball, he will in fact have more assists. So, while stats tell you something, they are constantly lying to you...or more precisely, it is far more difficult to interpret stats than some are willing to admit and many people are not capable of doing it adequately to draw a valid conclusion. Not saying you are not capable, but it's a lot harder than many people think because there is very often an explanation that negates the stat.

In any event, Russell is more than a year younger than Darren Collison, plays a crucial position on a team and is still learning. He's also a great defender for that position and puts an incredible amount of pressure on the defense as he can drive and score in bunches. He will only get better the next few years and I would trade anyone on the team except potentially Paul George for him in a microsecond.
    Completely agree for the most part...yeah stats lie but the comment is "he can't pass" well at least 8 times a game he seems to do it well...people go to these extremes that make no sense but look at some realities...okc is a talented team but look at the scoring options: kd, Westbrook and harden. While that's great, when you look at their bench and other players they are for the most part role players. Likely, Westbrook does exactly what okc needs of him to win. They need scoring.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This thread has all kinds of stupid in it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Iit would probably take Hibbert and Paul George. I would hate if that happened.

Banned

One of the worst threads I've ever seen: Hansbrough > Westbrook, Jones = Westbrook? Some of the worst most homerrific statements I've seen on a message board. One was obviously not intended to be hyperbole, the other I'm not sure. Regardless, they embarrass me as a Pacer fan.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
    One of the worst threads I've ever seen: Hansbrough > Westbrook, Jones = Westbrook? Some of the worst most homerrific statements I've seen on a message board. One was obviously not intended to be hyperbole, the other I'm not sure. Regardless, they embarrass me as a Pacer fan.
    Yeah not some of the most impartial or intelligent comments in this message boards history.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Hilarious thread, especially the Westbrook hate.

To get Westbrook we would definitely have to give up Granger or George with Collison & Hibbert, and that won't fly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The IQ in PD has lowered thanks to this thread I think is time to close it.
    I'm with you there, this thread is so pointless. OKC is NOT trading Westbrook ANYWHERE. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post

To get Westbrook we would definitely have to give up Granger or George with Collison & Hibbert, and that won't fly.
    Completely agree...unless Westbrook sleeps with the coaches daughter I doubt we are going to get that good of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post

Nobody is hating on Westbrook. Most adults on this board do not believe he is a superstar. He is an above average player, but c'mon man, Granger, Collison, and Hibbert for Russell Westbrook?

Hey wait, maybe Miami will offer OKC Lebron and DWade along with 3 first round picks? After all, that would be a steal to get the great Russell Westbrook. You know, the guy who leads the world in scoring, rebounding, and assists. Not to mention the God-child who is burdened with the nick-name "Greatest Player in the History of the World."
    Last edited by troyc11a; 01-01-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Nobody is hating on Westbrook. Most adults on this board do not believe he is a superstar. He is an above average player, but c'mon man, Granger, Collison, and Hibbert for Russell Westbrook? Stop playing with your daddies computer.

Hey wait, maybe Miami will offer OKC Lebron and DWade along with 3 first round picks? After all, that would be a steal to get the great Russell Westbrook. You know, the guy who leads the world in scoring, rebounding, and assists. Not to mention the God-child who is burdened with the nick-name "Greatest Player in the History of the World."

I quit your just being ridiculous and have been the whole thread.

we dont have the assets to get Westbrook they arent trading him unless it is for an upgrade like Dwight and we dont have that.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-31-2011 at 11:56 PM.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I would give Dahntay Jones for Westbrook.

They are about the same kind of player, except DJ is a better defender.
    No he is not and the first part is just ridiculous to even compare DJ to a guy like Westbrook.

this whole thread is ridiculous for the most part.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Most adults on this board do not believe he is a superstar.... Stop playing with your daddies computer.
    Even if you were making any good points, this is still some unnecessary ****. This thread should have been locked pages ago.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Only pg I would trade for and would help this team immensely is rondo
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Even if you were making any good points, this is still some unnecessary ****. This thread should have been locked pages ago.
    The daddies computer remark was over the top. I apologize.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    Rondo is better than Westbrook no doubt. But realisticly speaking, is there a pg out there that worth blowing up the team for? I dont think so. Anything more than Collison and first, I would pass. It would be nice to build on to the team, not dismantle it.

I feel the same way as far as pg's that are tradeable for. Of course CP3 would make are team probably a 3rd seed in the East, but that's just fantasy talk,lol. Not sure at this point I would take Westbrook over DC. Westbrook probably is better than DC and can get to the hoop, but his attitude is bad and probably would be as dysfuncational as Jim O'brien was to our teams growth.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Rondo would be an absolute perfect fit in Indiana. Being a pass first point guard, he would help this team live up to it's potential. I think Boston would listen to a dc/hans 1strd combo
    Murph

Rondo would be an absolute perfect fit in Indiana. Being a pass first point guard, he would help this team live up to it's potential. I think Boston would listen to a dc/hans 1strd combo
    Listen? Yeah but what would they do next. My prediction is...laugh. No one other than the pacers values Hans as highly as what we would need to trade him.

Mood

I wouldn't want him here most likely. We don't need an attitude problem in our roster messing up the young guys heads. I don't know how well the vets that we have would take it too. I could see a scenario in practice where he gets an attitude and Foster or West would have to give him an "attitude adjustment".

Rondo would make us a championship contender. Westbrook would make our offense even more disjointed.