Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you give for Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it will cost you less to rent nash and get a real leader. you will have to give an arm and a leg for westbrook, and it is not worth it.
    You are right on the price but the thought of Nash trying to guard rondo, Irving, rose and others makes me think that would become a major weakness for our team that is built off of defense.

Default Re: What would you give for Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Look, that's not only nonsensical but it's not even worth a conversation. No one loves our guys as much as me but I am not going to over value any of them and state something that just clearly isn't true. I feel like people on here take everything that skip bayless and espn says as absolutely the full story. Place yourself in that persons shoes and think,"is anyone that stupid?"
    I tell you what is nonsensical. Taking a good pg like Westbrook and making him out to be Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan combined. He is a decent player not a superstar. I wish all you Westbrook lovers would put down your video games and watch some real basketball and not just the highlights on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    I tell you what is nonsensical. Taking a good pg like Westbrook and making him out to be Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan combined. He is a decent player not a superstar. I wish all you Westbrook lovers would put down your video games and watch some real basketball and not just the highlights on ESPN.
    What???? Who said he was?...where is that magic Johnson reading commercial when you need it? If espn is where people are learning their love for westbrook then, in your opinion, then you must not know much about espn because they Really don't like Westbrook.
    What doesn't make sense is that you think granger is Kevin Durant and west is Tim Duncan in his prime. Love our guys but seriously.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to get Westbrook.

He's talented, but he's a bonehead in the BBIQ department, makes awful decisions, and chucks constantly, if you think granger is bad about that, Westbrook is worse, and thats WITH Durant on the team.

Good God I can't imagine how bad his chucking would get if he didn't have possibly the best offensive player in the world on his team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish all you Westbrook lovers would put down your video games and watch some real basketball and not just the highlights on ESPN.
    So because we like him it means we think he's Oscar or Jordan? If you want to play the extreme blame game anyone can do that. You think Granger and West must be Lebron and Karl Malone! Wooo, bam, now what?!?!? Egg on your face!!

As for you being the only person who watches "real basketball" ....Puh-lease. I watch at least 2 full NBA games per night from the start of the season through February every year. pacer4ever watches more than me. You're just grasping for whatever reason you can to discredit people with an opposite opinion whether it's reality or not as you clearly have no idea how much basketball anyone else watches. Nor do we think Westbrook is Jordan, we just think he's clearly better than Collison which plenty of guys are and have been, not just Hall of Famers. Get real.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    So because we like him it means we think he's Oscar or Jordan? If you want to play the extreme blame game anyone can do that. You think Granger and West must be Lebron and Karl Malone! Wooo, bam, now what?!?!? Egg on your face!!

As for you being the only person who watches "real basketball" ....Puh-lease. I watch at least 2 full NBA games per night from the start of the season through February every year. pacer4ever watches more than me. You're just grasping for whatever reason you can to discredit people with an opposite opinion whether it's reality or not as you clearly have no idea how much basketball anyone else watches. Nor do we think Westbrook is Jordan, we just think he's clearly better than Collison which plenty of guys are and have been, not just Hall of Famers. Get real.
    I watch just about every okc game and minus his occasional really off nights, I really don't see the point of the Westbrook hater. Does he have the occasional screw up? Yeah. He's a young ball player and you also have to remember that the guy still hasn't fully accustomed himself to his body yet (for those who didn't know Westbrook was supposed to go to creighton before a 5 inch growth spurt right before his senior season in high school)

If Pacers fans hate Dahntay Jones as much as they do for his style of play, I'd love to see their reactions with Westbrook on this team. And we're talking about a POINT GUARD who can't and refuses to pass, will lead the league in turnovers, and can't shoot to save his life yet chucks it up 15+ times per game. Harden, however, I'd love to have on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    If Pacers fans hate Dahntay Jones as much as they do for his style of play, I'd love to see their reactions with Westbrook on this team. And we're talking about a POINT GUARD who can't and refuses to pass, will lead the league in turnovers, and can't shoot to save his life yet chucks it up 15+ times per game. Harden, however, I'd love to have on this team.
    He averaged 8 assists a game last year and shot 44 percent from the field...you are right he just doesn't do those things well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    He averaged 8 assists a game last year and shot 44 percent from the field...you are right he just doesn't do those things well...
    He's a career 42% shooter. Based on what he's done in the league thus far, that 44% seems to be an outlier. And when you are as ball dominant as Westbrook is, of course you are going to rack up assists. Even Iverson would put up 7+ assists a game. That doesn't, however, mean you are a team player, are a willing passer, can operate an effective offense, etc. And then realize that most of his league leading turnovers come from errant passes.

Steve Nash has led the NBA in turnovers more than once, so I guess he sucks and isn't a good point guard either. Magic and Stockton have both led the NBA in turnovers before as well. All point guard who put up big minutes, and have the ball more than anyone else are possible culprits for that. Lebron, and Rose were both right behind him in turnovers as well last year.

And why are you using career FG% for a guy who is young and improving? So now because a guy has improved his FG% each of his 3 years in the NBA, it now means it's an outlier? Why can't it mean that he's just improved? Makes no sense, really. '

Mood

Steve Nash has led the NBA in turnovers more than once, so I guess he sucks and isn't a good point guard either. Magic and Stockton have both led the NBA in turnovers before as well. All point guard who put up big minutes, and have the ball more than anyone else are possible culprits for that. Lebron, and Rose were both right behind him in turnovers as well last year.

And why are you using career FG% for a guy who is young and improving? So now because a guy has improved his FG% each of his 3 years in the NBA, it now means it's an outlier? Why can't it mean that he's just improved? Makes no sense, really. '
    You believe that Westbrook is in anyway comparable to Nash as a playmaker. He isn't a talented passer, he gets his assists the same way that Iverson did.

Without Durant, or someone to keep him in check he's a disaster. He manages to shoot a team as talented as OKC into mortality. A legit pass-first PG would make OKC unbeatable, Westbrook is the only reason teams are even competitive with OKC most nights.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    You believe that Westbrook is in anyway comparable to Nash as a playmaker. He isn't a talented passer, he gets his assists the same way that Iverson did.

Without Durant, or someone to keep him in check he's a disaster. He manages to shoot a team as talented as OKC into mortality. A legit pass-first PG would make OKC unbeatable, Westbrook is the only reason teams are even competitive with OKC most nights.
    Why do people always have to take things out of context? Seriously. I'm just saying turnovers = bad PG is bad logic. I thought that was pretty clear.

Secondly, you're just off with the OKC thing. I understand they're a well run organization and all, but they would be mortal with anyone else in the NBA running that team as well. If Lebron/Wade/Bosh doesn't make a team instant champions, Durant/*insert any PG you want* wouldn't do it either. I like OKC as much as anyone, but they're not the 72 win Bulls if you remove Westbrook and throw someone else in there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned

The IQ in PD has lowered thanks to this thread I think is time to close it.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-31-2011 at 01:41 AM.

But do you watch how Westbrook gets his turnovers? By **** poor decision making and being a me first player. Johnson, Stockton, Kidd, Nash, etc were turning it over in an attempt to get great shots for their teammates. The guy has no clue how to play the game of basketball. And he was a putrid shooter in college, no different in the NBA. Last year he was able to get most of his baskets in transition which inflated his %s, but he can't shoot and never has been able to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The IQ in PD has lowered thanks to this thread I think is time to close it.
    When Russell Westbrook is being compared to a future HOF'er like Steve Nash it has went from the sublime to the ridiculous.

But do you watch how Westbrook gets his turnovers? By **** poor decision making and being a me first player. Johnson, Stockton, Kidd, Nash, etc were turning it over in an attempt to get great shots for their teammates.
    So Westbrooks turnovers are just pure stupidity, but the other guys turnovers were all good because they were in a wonderfully selfless attempt to help someone else score?

A turnover is a turnover. You know how you get a turnover? A bad decision, or bad execution usually. That's how. I don't care who it is that's doing it. Westbrook, Magic Johnson, or Jesus Himself. It's just the same. It's a stupid decision or a mistake of some sort.

Excusing a certain players turnovers as acceptable and another players turnovers as not acceptable is just bias as it's finest. Yeah, I'm done with this thread, as vnzla said. This is just down right silly.

When Russell Westbrook is being compared to a future HOF'er like Steve Nash it has went from the sublime to the ridiculous.
    Read what is actually said. Not what you want it to say to justify yourself.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This is the nagging feeling I have as well. As much as this team needs a true superstar, the team concept and unselfishness they play with is very refreshing! I would lean toward a wait and see approach to see if PG becomes that superstar.

Rise up Pacer Nation!!!
    Lol. PG isn't a superstar

Westbrook is a baller. He is by far better than anybody on the Pacers. Peoole bashing him don't know anything about basketball

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Sublime is usually used to describe a good thing, like something so good that it is spiritually uplifting. Ridiculous is something outrageous or silly.

So are you saying that the other side of the discussion (i.e. the side that doesn't believe that Tyler Hansbrough is a better NBA player than Russell Westbrook) went from making you feel exalted and intellectually in awe to feeling like they were absurd?

Look, there are issues with RW's game and dude does seem to have some maturity issues. But he has had three years in the league. Three! He's barely 23 years old. It's fine if you have a set, inaccurate opinion of him, but just know that he will change and grow as his career continues. It seems like you guys arguing against him have bought too much into what amounts to tabloid conjecture about his relationship with KD and the Thunder.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

But do you watch how Westbrook gets his turnovers? By **** poor decision making and being a me first player. Johnson, Stockton, Kidd, Nash, etc were turning it over in an attempt to get great shots for their teammates. The guy has no clue how to play the game of basketball. And he was a putrid shooter in college, no different in the NBA. Last year he was able to get most of his baskets in transition which inflated his %s, but he can't shoot and never has been able to shoot.
    Derrick rose is a me first player, and his selfishness won him MVP

So Westbrooks turnovers are just pure stupidity, but the other guys turnovers were all good because they were in a wonderfully selfless attempt to help someone else score?

A turnover is a turnover. You know how you get a turnover? A bad decision, or bad execution usually. That's how. I don't care who it is that's doing it. Westbrook, Magic Johnson, or Jesus Himself. It's just the same. It's a stupid decision or a mistake of some sort.

Excusing a certain players turnovers as acceptable and another players turnovers as not acceptable is just bias as it's finest. Yeah, I'm done with this thread, as vnzla said. This is just down right silly.

Read what is actually said. Not what you want it to say to justify yourself.
    Yes, there is a big difference between good decision making with poor execution, and bad decision making with poor execution. A turnover is a turnover but the player making the proper decisions while turning it over will over the course of a game/season/career do far more good for their team than bad. Westbrook makes poor decisions with the basketball more times than not, and if you don't see that, than I don't know what else to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Derrick rose is a me first player, and his selfishness won him MVP
    That's not an entirely accurate statement. Chicago shares the ball moreso than most teams in the league, usually has very good offensive execution, and everybody gets involved offensively. When the Bulls need points or late in games, Rose will run isolation and go one on one but for the most part, Chicago with Rose as the floor general shares the basketball.

Some of you act as though Westbrook is a seasoned veteran. He's 23 years old, to say he won't mature is unreasonable. Reggie Miller matured from being simply a young gunner, as have lots of NBA players. Even if he doesn't, Derrick Rose would have his hands full on the defensive end, as would Rondo and other elite Eastern Conference teams. It would make these guys work both ways.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

I live here in OKC and he isn't going anywhere, the team loves him, the fans love him, and it would take a massive deal to get him, and that ain't happening.

Who cares? The current team is winning, and is highly expected to finish high in the Eastern Conference. Why are we even REMOTELY thinking about a trade at this time?