Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you give for Westbrook?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What would you give for Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the important question would be: Who is dumb enough to offer them that kind of package? That would be one of the most lop-sided trades in NBA history. If the OKC GM pulls that off, he should be instantly voted into the HOF and be universally regarded as the greatest GM in the history of the NBA.

Collison and 1st = Westbrook
    Hansbrough > Westbrook
    2 Firsts >>>>> Westbrook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

I love how some players are so overvalued on this board. Westbrook should not be mentioned in the same breath as Dwill or Rajon. They are a clear level above him.

Westbrook is not just one of their top two players. He is a very distant second. Very distant.
    But the important question would be: Who is dumb enough to offer them that kind of package? That would be one of the most lop-sided trades in NBA history. If the OKC GM pulls that off, he should be instantly voted into the HOF and be universally regarded as the greatest GM in the history of the NBA.

Hansbrough > Westbrook
    2 Firsts >>>>> Westbrook
    Take your own advise in no way should Tyler and DC be in the conversation as a Russell Westbrook an all NBA 2nd teamer.

and 2 first rd picks is just LOL

the 2nd best pg in the NBA last year isnt worth 2 first rd picks? GTFO!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Banned

Hansbrough > Westbrook
    2 Firsts >>>>> Westbrook

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Troy, we are not talking about Brian Westbrook, former Philadelphia Eagles RB, if that's what's somehow confusing you. We're talking about RUSSELL WESTBROOK. Last year there was talk of Westbrook for Chris Paul being sort of a fair trade.

Gotta Play Big

It would take more than Danny. Probably Danny and Darren.

Not any real contenders. Only lottery teams or teams close to the lottery.
    You clearly don't know much about Russell Westbrook.

Does he have some growing up to do? Yes. However, based on talent, he is one of the best players in the NBA. Far better than anyone on our roster. He is probably the most athletic PG in the NBA and the second best defensive PG behind Rondo.

Also, the kid is still crazy young, its not like he's peaked. He can still improve his jump shot and work on his maturity.

I'd offer a package around DC/Granger. Honestly, he is probably worth a 1st too, and if we could keep Hibbert/Hansbrough/George, I'd have no problem throwing the 1st their way as well. You could build a dynasty around Hibbert/George/Westbrook.

EDIT: Had I seen his post about "Hansbrough > Westbrook" before, I probably would not have even bother typing this. I was under the impression that I was sending it to someone who was half way rational. Now I realize it was a waste of time.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 12-30-2011 at 07:55 PM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Let's be fair here to troyc11a......the value and how good a Player is subjective. Clearly, he doesn't think that Westbrook is that good of a PG. I ( and many here ) disagree with him on how good a Player Westbrook is......but its his opinion.

As I said....the Thunder are in "Compete and beat the Elite Teams NOW" mode.....DC as their PG would be a step in the wrong direction.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

In there*.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Let's be fair here to troyc11a......the value and how good a Player is subjective. Clearly, he doesn't think that Westbrook is that good of a PG. I ( and many here ) disagree with him on how good a Player Westbrook is......but its his opinion.

As I said....the Thunder are in "Compete and beat the Elite Teams NOW" mode.....DC as their PG would be a step in the wrong direction.
    C'mon now.

If I go around posting Granger > LeBron, I'm going to take some heat, and rightfully so. When your opinion is a delusion, other people should help steer you into the right mind set. ;-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

If Westbrook was the greatest pg in the history of the NBA like some of you are acting like, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Is there a serious rumor about Dwade, Lebron, Melo, Durant, or any other great player being traded? No, unless they are at the end of their contract.
    Westbrook is a good pg, he is not great. Probably 15 or so in league who are as good or better.

Heck, why dont Miami offer Lebron and 3 firsts for this all world player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whew. I go to Ruth Chris and when I get back, I'm glad this was covered for me. Thanks fellas, you said everything I was thinking as I read along.

I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook the offensive player, but Westbrook the defensive player more than makes up for it. He has some horrible shooting nights, but that's not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

Westbrook is a little better than Collison. But factoring in he is an idiot diminishes his value. I would trade Collison and a 1 for him if guaranteed he would not disrupt the team. I would not add another significant part because Westbrook is not that significant upgrade over Collison. Nobody heard of the guy until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    I know they're just rumors, but if he and Durant can't coexist, then what would you be willing to give up for him?

I love the team as it is and would hate to lose anyone, but just curious what your thoughts would be about acquiring him. I'm assuming that DG and DC would have to be involved.

Rise up Pacer Nation!!!
    sorry, but westbrook is not worth it. he's got drose abilities with stephon marbury like decision making.

I'm with troyc11a. Westbrook is not a guy I want near my team. He has 0 understanding of the game of basketball, is a turnover machine, can't shoot, bad attitude, most ball dominant player in the league, not a good passer, and thinks he is the far better than he actually is. Yes, he's athletic and a decent defender, but that's about all he offers a team. Notice during OKC games that when Westbrook has the ball his teammates just stand around and watch, knowing that 15 sec will be Westbrook dribbling followed by him taking on 3 defenders throwing up some circus shot or taking a contested long range 2.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

I would much rather have the pg we are watching play tonight!

I don't like Westbrook either. He is incredibly fast and a good finisher. God knows he destroys the Pacers every time they play, but he is a black hole. In his world everyone else on the team is there to rebound, set a pick or pass him the ball. I probably would like him more if he didn't play with one of the greatest scorers of this generation in Durant.

He reminds me of Allen Iverson except he plays point, so that is even more ball hogging from the very get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I don't like Westbrook either. He is incredibly fast and a good finisher. God knows he destroys the Pacers every time they play, but he is a black hole. In his world everyone else on the team is there to rebound, set a pick or pass him the ball. I probably would like him more if he didn't play with one of the greatest scorers of this generation in Durant.

He reminds me of Allen Iverson except he plays point, so that is even more ball hogging from the very get go.
    That's pretty much how I see him too. This team needs a pass first pg. I really think a Mark Jackson type would fit in well here considering there are more offensive options on this team now than the last few years. I would prefer a guy like Rondo but no way Boston would let him go.
    But hey, is this Kyrie Irving looking like a really good pg? Team player.

instead of westbrook or howard, what about a steve nash 1 yr rental? what would you give up for that?

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    instead of westbrook or howard, what about a steve nash 1 yr rental? what would you give up for that?
    Not much for a rental no matter who he is. But I would like to have Nash. Adding a veteran and future HOF'er is hard to say no too.

So no westbrook but an old Nash is ok? (Imagine Nash having to guard derrick rose 6 times a year) westbrook isn't the greatest pg of all time and no one said he was, but if he was on the pacers he would be the best player on the team...he is a great talent.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    So no westbrook but an old Nash is ok? (Imagine Nash having to guard derrick rose 6 times a year) westbrook isn't the greatest pg of all time and no one said he was, but if he was on the pacers he would be the best player on the team...he is a great talent.

Best player behind Granger and West.

This is a situation in which a GM needs to sit Westbrook down and calmly but firmly say,

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post

it will cost you less to rent nash and get a real leader. you will have to give an arm and a leg for westbrook, and it is not worth it.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

I love DC, but he is not better than Westbrook. I think it is a clashing of alpha-dog mentalities. But I wouldn't be mad at all if we could ever get Westbrook.

Best player behind Granger and West.
    Look, that's not only nonsensical but it's not even worth a conversation. No one loves our guys as much as me but I am not going to over value any of them and state something that just clearly isn't true. I feel like people on here take everything that skip bayless and espn says as absolutely the full story. Place yourself in that persons shoes and think,"is anyone that stupid?"