Thread: Collison Caught in the Web article and interview

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Collison Caught in the Web article and interview

I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Collison Caught in the Web article and interview

That's great news DC WANTS to be the leader and is really making an effort to become that.
    GO PACERS!!!

Twitter: @Circlecity3318

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Having the same coach for once will do nothing but help him.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I think he could become a near all star point guard in the future. But, with the competition it'll be tough for him to make it as an all star in the east. (John Wall, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, and others)

Mood

I thought it was pretty interesting that DC was the guy organizing the team workouts during the lockout. I really hope to see him develop and be the guy for this team.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

The high-school tie with Jeff Pendergraph is interesting. Since we signed JP for two years, I'd say Collison isn't going anywhere.

"His leadership's been great ever since the lockout," Coach Frank Vogel said. "After the lockout, all the guys came back talking about how D.C. was the guy organizing our team for workouts and it's carried through training camp and onto the court. He's asked me for the freedom to call some plays, which I've given him, to sort of run his own team.

"The first thing is he wants to do it. Not a lot of point guards really want that responsibility and he wants it, and it's a sign of good leadership."
    Interesting.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was pretty interesting that DC was the guy organizing the team workouts during the lockout. I really hope to see him develop and be the guy for this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Interesting.
    I think we are getting closer and closer to finding out who the real team players and leaders are on this team, and it will become more apparent that is isn't who many have thought over the past few years.

And, yes, that is a less than subtle pointing out of Granger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I think we are getting closer and closer to finding out who the real team players and leaders are on this team, and it will become more apparent that is isn't who many have thought over the past few years.

Whoa whoa whoa.

There's a big difference between "not a team player" and "not a vocal on-court leader."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    I think he could become a near all star point guard in the future. But, with the competition it'll be tough for him to make it as an all star in the east. (John Wall, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, and others)
    Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Jrue Holiday, (and those are just the PG's)

Collison will most likely NEVER make an all-star team. He's a solid starting pg, nothing more, nothing less.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

I have to agree with Anthem that while Danny may not be an alpha dog, vocal leader, he is a great team player and can show our young guys how to be professionals and work hard.

But, I do think that things like this are great for showing who will be that guy on the court that every team needs. DC seems to be an active vocal leader, and it certainly looks like David West is as well.

There is definitely a place for both types...in fact, a need for both types of leaders on a team.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa.

There's a big difference between "not a team player" and "not a vocal on-court leader."
    I should have been more clear. I was speaking of Granger in terms of team leadership. Also, as pointed out in the article, team leadership is not restricted to on the court.

Many thought Granger would be the one getting the team together for lockout period workouts. That made sense as he has been anointed the "face of the franchise" by so many. Turns out he was not the one. That sort of thing is leadership. It did not surprise me that he was not doing this, but I think it will surprise many.

I'll take the "not a team player" a step further. Many feel that D Jones is not a team guy. I think we will find out that he is.
    Last edited by Tom White; 12-30-2011 at 12:40 PM.

This article and to see his quotes, makes me a much bigger fan. His mind is in right place, thats a big deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Jrue Holiday, (and those are just the PG's)

Collison will most likely NEVER make an all-star team. He's a solid starting pg, nothing more, nothing less.
    Well who knows? Mo Williams became an all-star (although not really that deserving), so anything can really happen.

I should have been more clear. I was speaking of Granger in terms of team leadership. Also, as pointed out in the article, team leadership is not restricted to on the court.

Many thought Granger would be the one getting the team together for lockout period workouts. That made sense as he has been anointed the "face of the franchise" by so many. Turns out he was not the one. That sort of thing is leadership. It did not surprise me that he was not doing this, but I think it will surprise many.
    Who's surprised? Danny worked out with several guys one-on-one over the summer (and I personally think mentoring is a kind of leadership), but his natural bent isn't to gather a big group and try to coach them. He probably would if he needed to, but why do that when somebody's already got it?

There's not enough data here to condemn Danny, or anyone else. If Collison had already contacted guys, why would Danny try to butt in? If nobody did anything, then sure throw Danny under the bus. That would show that he refused to step up when leadership was needed. But if Collison's got something going, what exactly is it that Danny's failing to do? Don't criticize him for not stepping into a void that doesn't exist.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: