Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

  1. #1
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...=rss_blogs_NBA

    THE THEORY: The Pacers are just beating up on bad teams

    THE PROOF: Miami drills Indiana 118-83

    The Pacers started the season 4-1 and had the look of a team that could be flying a bit under the radar. So with a Wednesday night game in Miami the Pacers had a shot to make a statement.

    And I guess they did. In the wrong direction though. Indiana might not quite be ready yet.

    Blowouts happen in the league a lot. Good teams get ripped, especially on the road against a buzzsaw like th Heat. But this Miami team was missing Dwyane Wade and the Pacers were clearly keyed up at the tip. Dahntay Jones had some misguided quotes before the game about taking the game to the Heat and whatnot. The Pacers saw this as a shot to catch some attention.

    Because let's face it, their 4-1 start really wasn't something to get that excited about. Wins over Detroit, Cleveland, New Jersey and Toronto really aren't all that impressive. And the loss was to the Pistons. So there was a big question mark for this Pacers team coming into their game against Miami. Beating teams you're supposed to is the sign of a solid group, but competing against maybe the class of the NBA would go a lot further in telling us where Indiana is at than a win over the Nets or Wizards.

    To put it simply: The Pacers got streamrolled. LeBron James just stomped them. Indiana went 1-15 from the floor in the second quarter and turned it over 10 times as Miami outscored them 33-12 and basically ended the game there. By the finish line, Miami was the first team to crack a hundred on Indiana and did it with about eight minutes left in the game for a 35-point win.

    Are the Pacers for real? I think it's way too premature to say either way. Their wins aren't really impressive and their losses are bad, in different ways. But it's early and the Pacers will have a lot more opportunity to make statements soon. In the next two weeks Indiana gets Boston, Philadelphia and Atlanta. They've got some very winnable games still mixed in that batch but the Pacers don't get to just keep feasting on bad or rebuilding teams.

    But looking at the East, there's a good chance Indiana could crawl up to No. 5 or 6. The Knicks dropped an ugly game to the Bobcats and the Hawks are still a bit of a question. The class of the conference is clearly the Heat and Bulls, but Indiana could potentially slot itself in that second pack of New York, Atlanta, Orlando and Boston (yes, Boston).

    The Pacers performance in Miami definitely didn't make the right kind of statement. It's going to keep most in the camp of thinking they aren't there yet, at least in terms of actually competing with the big boys. David West was a nice addition, but the Pacers are lacking consistent scoring options. Danny Granger is good in spurts, Roy Hibbert sometimes works well in the post and Paul George's 3-point shooting has been nice. But like the opening round series against the Bulls, sometimes the Pacers don't know where to get points from.

    It's too early to cross anyone off any list (except for the Wizards and Nets), but the Pacers definitely got a wake-up call from Miami Wednesday. They aren't there yet and really, probably aren't as close as they thought.

    What did DJ say? I was unaware he was talking about the Heat, but I think LeBron always gets fired up to play Granger ever since that game we one against Cleveland on the foul at the tip in

    Got to be real. Granger was LeBron's ***** lastnight
    Sittin on top of the world!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    That guy is pretty much saying what I posted on the postgame thread I guess he is a hater too.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    The Heat might be better without Wade to be honest.

  5. #4
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat might be better without Wade to be honest.
    Not being sarcastic at all but very curious to hear your reasoning behind this statement
    Sittin on top of the world!

  6. #5
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat might be better without Wade to be honest.
    I agree.

    A guy like Lebron is most effective with the ball in his hands AT ALL TIMES.

    Thats how he playing in Cleavland and it worked
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  7. #6

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not being sarcastic at all but very curious to hear your reasoning behind this statement
    It's really hard for Lebron and Wade to play together, they aren't a good fit.

    Without Wade, you surround Lebron with three jump shooters (two three point shooters) and a hard worker.

    Kinda like Cleveland.

    In the regular season, they might come up with a better record than with Wade.

    However, that type of offense doesn't work in the playoffs. It's been proven over and over again. From point guards that try and do it to Lebron whose tried to do it.

    So in the playoffs, when defense, and making hard plays going to the basket wins you games, the team is better with them both in the lineup. It's just the lineup really doesn't help Lebron's game at all.

  8. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    The Heat should "Herschel Walker" Wade.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #8
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really hard for Lebron and Wade to play together, they aren't a good fit.

    Without Wade, you surround Lebron with three jump shooters (two three point shooters) and a hard worker.

    Kinda like Cleveland.

    In the regular season, they might come up with a better record than with Wade.

    However, that type of offense doesn't work in the playoffs. It's been proven over and over again. From point guards that try and do it to Lebron whose tried to do it.

    So in the playoffs, when defense, and making hard plays going to the basket wins you games, the team is better with them both in the lineup. It's just the lineup really doesn't help Lebron's game at all.
    Sook, even though I agree with your point, so much so that I cringed when I found out Wade wasnt playing (for 2 reasons, one being the whole rally the troops around the injury theory but also becasue it would make James more agressive and also the primary intiator of the offense

    However it is kind of wierd, even though I tend to agree, to say that James is not a good fit with Wade when the Heat were one game away form winning the NBA Championship in their first year together

    Watching them play last night, makes me think that unless thier motivation decreases or some catastrophic injury to wade/LBJ happens we might be looking at a run simimlar to the Lakers or Celtics of the 80's

    Sittin on top of the world!

  10. #9

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Lebron playing out of the post is a beast. He's such a good passer that he kills double teams. When he gets effective enough to win 1v1 in the post every time he's there he's going to be unstoppable. I really don't see the Heat losing this year.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,827
    Mood

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron playing out of the post is a beast. He's such a good passer that he kills double teams. When he gets effective enough to win 1v1 in the post every time he's there he's going to be unstoppable. I really don't see the Heat losing this year.
    They already lost!

  13. #11
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,425

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That guy is pretty much saying what I posted on the postgame thread I guess he is a hater too.
    Let's clarify something with this "hater" thing: People with negative opinions about the team are not haters. These guys in the national media and stuff that are commenting are not haters. People that have a consistent, well established history of being incredibly negative about certain players or about everything in general, are going to get the hater label.

    Sincerely,
    The Cop

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #12

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sook, even though I agree with your point, so much so that I cringed when I found out Wade wasnt playing (for 2 reasons, one being the whole rally the troops around the injury theory but also becasue it would make James more agressive and also the primary intiator of the offense

    However it is kind of wierd, even though I tend to agree, to say that James is not a good fit with Wade when the Heat were one game away form winning the NBA Championship in their first year together

    Watching them play last night, makes me think that unless thier motivation decreases or some catastrophic injury to wade/LBJ happens we might be looking at a run simimlar to the Lakers or Celtics of the 80's

    That Cole is a perfect fit, whether they know it or not, he's going to get them at least one championship, and Lebron may even be able to play crappy and still have them get it.

  16. #13
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's clarify something with this "hater" thing: People with negative opinions about the team are not haters. These guys in the national media and stuff that are commenting are not haters. People that have a consistent, well established history of being incredibly negative about certain players or about everything in general, are going to get the hater label.

    Sincerely,
    The Cop
    I cant stand the word, almost as much as I cringed everytime I heard the phrase "bling bling" (just typing it makes my skin crawl)

    to me a "hater" is one who makes over the top negative comments over and over about a person with no real basis, usually underlining what is really a very insecure person inside, hence classic case of projection
    Sittin on top of the world!

  17. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's clarify something with this "hater" thing: People with negative opinions about the team are not haters. These guys in the national media and stuff that are commenting are not haters. People that have a consistent, well established history of being incredibly negative about certain players or about everything in general, are going to get the hater label.

    Sincerely,
    The Cop
    Been negative or been realistic? I like to predict things and if you don't like it so be it, I remember you calling me negative when I said that Dunleavy was going to suck in the playoffs, did he suck? Yeah, so I was negative or realistic? I predicted that Foster was not going to be healthy all year, realistic or negative? At this point in time I'm predicting that we are going to lose against Boston, that's more realistic than negative, again I'm sorry for not been a sunshiner and fill everybody's soul with positivity, that's not the way I am, I'll let you be a sunshiner all you want but I would like you to respect those that are not.

    Peace.

  18. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,425

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been negative or been realistic? I like to predict things and if you don't like it so be it, I remember you calling me negative when I said that Dunleavy was going to suck in the playoffs, did he suck? Yeah, so I was negative or realistic? I predicted that Foster was not going to be healthy all year, realistic or negative? At this point in time I'm predicting that we are going to lose against Boston, that's more realistic than negative, again I'm sorry for not been a sunshiner and fill everybody's soul with positivity, that's not the way I am, I'll let you be a sunshiner all you want but I would like you to respect those that are not.

    Peace.
    Oh please, enough with the Dunleavy crap. He sucked in the playoffs, great, but you know what, even if he didn't actually suck, you still would have *****ed about him because you hated him. You threw your hat in the ring against him and under no circumstances would you admit to him doing anything good, ever. If he made six threes in a game you would find a way to undermine it. You aren't realistic. You are negative and hyperbolic. I'm not even a sunshiner. I just don't deal in absolutes and extremes like you do. I recognize there is a middle ground. You don't see that.

  19. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh please, enough with the Dunleavy crap. He sucked in the playoffs, great, but you know what, even if he didn't actually suck, you still would have *****ed about him because you hated him. You threw your hat in the ring against him and under no circumstances would you admit to him doing anything good, ever. If he made six threes in a game you would find a way to undermine it. You aren't realistic. You are negative and hyperbolic. I'm not even a sunshiner. I just don't deal in absolutes and extremes like you do. I recognize there is a middle ground. You don't see that.
    I've recognize in many threads that Dunleavy was not a bad player before the injury in fact he was my favorite player the year he average 18ppg, but after the knee surgery he became a horrible player, is the reality you go ahead and keep calling me as many names you want I don't care, the fact is that time has proven me more right than wrong and you hate it

    Note: I'm still waiting for my apologies from you and many people for doing the same thing you are doing now in the "Dunleavy playing in the playoffs thread" I was called a lot of names on that thread and at the end I was right again
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.

  20. #17
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,425

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've recognize in many threads that Dunleavy was not a bad player before the injury in fact he was my favorite player the year he average 18ppg, but after the knee surgery he became a horrible player, is the reality you go ahead and keep calling me as many names you want I don't care, the fact is that time has proven me more right than wrong and you hate it

    Note: I'm still waiting for my apologies from you and many people for doing the same thing you are doing now in the "Dunleavy playing in the playoffs thread" I was called a lot of names on that thread and at the end I was right again
    No, he didn't, and I'm tired of talking about it. Brandon Rush is going to prove me (and a host of others) right this year, but will you acknowledge it? I sincerely doubt it.

    I fully admit that Dunleavy sucked on defense, but offensively, he made solid contributions, even if his shot wasn't falling (which it often wasn't). Part of the reason this year's team is struggling so much is because we miss his movement without the ball and his (+McRoberts, and you know it kills me to admit that) passing ability.

    Note: No one is going to apologize to you, because no one needs to. I honestly don't even remember this particular diatribe of yours. You hated Dunleavy, period. You saying he was going to suck in the playoffs is not exactly shocking news. Before every single game he played that season, you would have said he would have sucked in that game, so you are bound to be right sometimes. For the record, I'm not calling you names. Negative is not a name I'm calling you. It's an adjective to describe your attitude. Hyperbolic does not qualify either.

  21. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Hey unlike other people I'm willing to admit that I was wrong, I was wrong about Jeff last year and I didn't expect him to have the impact he had on the playoffs.

    Regarding Brush I think he is what I expected him to be, a defensive minded player that does all the little things to make you win, that's who he is and if he gives you some points is even better, the only way you are right about him is if he gets cut and nobody picks him and I don't expect that to happen.

  22. #19
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,425

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey unlike other people I'm willing to admit that I was wrong, I was wrong about Jeff last year and I didn't expect him to have the impact he had on the playoffs.

    Regarding Brush I think he is what I expected him to be, a defensive minded player that does all the little things to make you win, that's who he is and if he gives you some points is even better, the only way you are right about him is if he gets cut and nobody picks him and I don't expect that to happen.
    Yes, because lord knows I've never admitted I'm wrong (see: Hansbrough, Tyler).

    The bold is complete and utter bull ****. So many were up in arms about his hot start in Golden State (which very well may continue, although it has cooled considerably), and others and myself have said this is just what he does. He'll go back to being inconsistent. Never did I once say that he was not worthy on an NBA roster. Not one time, ever. Actually, I've said he's a decent role player who plays defense and can knock down a three. The reason I don't like him is because I thought he could be so much more, and it's aggrevating to watch him waste his talents with half assed efforts.

    We can go back and forth like this all day, but I'd rather not. I'm done derailing this thread with our bickering.

  23. #20
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh please, enough with the Dunleavy crap. He sucked in the playoffs, great, but you know what, even if he didn't actually suck, you still would have *****ed about him because you hated him. You threw your hat in the ring against him and under no circumstances would you admit to him doing anything good, ever. If he made six threes in a game you would find a way to undermine it. You aren't realistic. You are negative and hyperbolic. I'm not even a sunshiner. I just don't deal in absolutes and extremes like you do. I recognize there is a middle ground. You don't see that.
    I am absolutely convinced you are extreemly indifferent

    Sittin on top of the world!

  24. #21
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,821

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey unlike other people I'm willing to admit that I was wrong, I was wrong about Jeff last year and I didn't expect him to have the impact he had on the playoffs.

    Regarding Brush I think he is what I expected him to be, a defensive minded player that does all the little things to make you win, that's who he is and if he gives you some points is even better, the only way you are right about him is if he gets cut and nobody picks him and I don't expect that to happen.
    Did anyone ever really say Rush wasn't a worthy benchwarmer? I just thought some of the off court stuff made him not worth the trouble for a team trying to rebuild their image. Maybe some people did think that poorly of him, I just didn't see it.

  25. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Theory and Proof: Pacers get worked in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone ever really say Rush wasn't a worthy benchwarmer? I just thought some of the off court stuff made him not worth the trouble for a team trying to rebuild their image. Maybe some people did think that poorly of him, I just didn't see it.
    A lot of people wanted to cut him or trade him for a bag of Cheetos, they hated the guy for not scoring enough ignoring the fact that at least he was playing D unlike other players.

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •