Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My heart is broken.
    Forgive him. He's much more mature now.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    Tebow is just behind justin bieber on my least favorite people list, so no thanks.
    Tebow and Bieber are two people I would never lump together. Tebow had one of the alltime great college careers for a QB. Justin Bieber has famous hair.
    As someone posted earlier I was hoping that Tyler or Lou would dive for a loose ball in his general direction.
    It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.-William Munny

All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sum***** takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.-William Munny

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    I think we all saw it - you can't not notice that damn thing. It made me dizzy when people stepped on it and my brain was forced to accept the fact that it was flat.
    haha, every time someone ran out underneath the basket I was like " oh *****, they are gonna trip over that sign!"

coincidentally I was watching rugby recently when I noticed ads on the field like these:

witch are painted in such a way that it appears perpendicular to the camera, almost like an overlay-ed graphic.

The technique is called 3D Branding apparently.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyJones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know why they couldn't just print "Raptors" normally on the baseline wood.

I saw it in the preseason game when they played the Celtics and thought it was real at first or at least temporary.
    Last edited by Trophy; 12-29-2011 at 11:49 AM.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    And David West's leadership and understanding of the game. The clutch shot he hit was more than just a clutch shot. He made that play. From the second they crossed halfcourt, West was yelling and throwing his arms around to get Paul George to clear that side. Then he sets the screen, drops into the open space, and nails the dagger. Without West's leadership on the court, that play doesn't happen and who knows if we still win this one.

Even though Toronto made a good run, there was just a sense of confidence that this team would win. Last year, with about 3 minutes left and the Raptors making a run, we all knew it would be a Pacers loss. Tonight, it just felt like they knew how to win this game.
    I really agree. In the 2 games West has felt like a clear difference making presence even when he hasn't hit shots. He understands his role and seems to be guiding everyone else into theirs as something of the anchor point.

I also think Collison looks more comfortable with him on the court.

The ONLY reason the Raps made it close was the insanely hot and out of character shooting by DeRozen in the 4th. Go look at his shot chart by the quarters, it's just stupid. And he wasn't hitting many uncontested shots.

I normally hate the "they are just making tough shots" defense, but DeRozen was and that was the only reason they got so close.

Loved every aspect of it except DJones, though I admit he threw down a nasty dunk on softy Bargs.

Only problem the Pacers seemed to have was getting Collison clear on the PnR hedges in the 4th. The Raptors were able to drive him way off the pick point which ruined any shot at a return pass and they never seemed to adjust to it.

Vogel needs to address that issue and have things ready to adjust if it happens again. DC was playing well so it's not like he was doing anything wrong, the Raps just saw a way to stop his impact off of that play.

I'm standing firm by the "George is the best player" view from that "who is #3 thread". But OTOH the team has great balance, I really like the structure that having DC, Hill and West instead of Ford, Troy and Dun brings.

It is early ball and shooting and play are crap around the league, but I think the Pacers rotations and team defense look way above normal. It's not just George and DC, it's the awareness and rotations. Not too many team breakdowns going on.The Pacers aren't better than the Bulls, but we know how close they can run with them. Playoffs and 2nd in the division go without saying as expectations, not hopes.

I also think the gritty road win with big shots down the stretch was just what the doctor ordered to get this team gelling quicker than normal. All teams with changes are chasing chemistry as much as conditioning and every chance to bond and develop trust is a huge advantage for the team.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Only problem the Pacers seemed to have was getting Collison clear on the PnR hedges in the 4th. The Raptors were able to drive him way off the pick point which ruined any shot at a return pass and they never seemed to adjust to it.
    I think that's on DC. He's got to attack the outside hip of the defender hedging. He needs to take a couple plays out of the other elite PGs playbooks, and create contact early in the game and flail his arms to get the foul call. Make the refs call the contact early on to soften it up in the 4th.

The Pacers rarely get that type of foul call for them, but often times get it called on them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    haha, every time someone ran out underneath the basket I was like " oh *****, they are gonna trip over that sign!"
    Add me to the list too. Really the list should be who DIDN'T get a minor aneurysm trying to accept that weird visual. I felt like Cpt Kirk was overloading the logic in my brain.

Then I had another beer and stopped worrying about it.

Good info on the rugby version.

BTW, downtown Indy did a bunch of art for the SuperBowl and one of them is a 3D trick that shows a guy on a ladder putting up "wallpaper" on the side of a building just north of Conseco. It's just north of Penn and Virginia and looks 3D as you walk north towards it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    That's right. Maglore scored a whopping zero points. Time to teach the double-double machine a lesson. I'm glad Roy has a little fire in his belly.

I'd love this to light a fire under Hibbert's backside! He needs to show some tuffness. Maybe there is some hope.

And to think Magloire was an Allstar once upon a time.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 12-29-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Add me to the list too. Really the list should be who DIDN'T get a minor aneurysm trying to accept that weird visual. I felt like Cpt Kirk was overloading the logic in my brain.

Then I had another beer and stopped worrying about it.

Good info on the rugby version.

BTW, downtown Indy did a bunch of art for the SuperBowl and one of them is a 3D trick that shows a guy on a ladder putting up "wallpaper" on the side of a building just north of Conseco. It's just north of Penn and Virginia and looks 3D as you walk north towards it.
    Every time David West like, fell out/ran out of bounds my thought process was "OMG DAVID WATCH OUT YOUR GONNA LAND FUNNY AND HURT YOUR KN-- oh yea, it's fake"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I don't know why they couldn't just print "Raptors" normally on the baseline wood.
    Because the raptors have to give the people something to talk about.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    He was only an All Star because he played center. He wasn't great then either. Just an above average center in a watered down Eastern Conference.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sure someone has said this already, but DC's transition defense was fan-stinkin-tastic last night.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Looks as though Roy has been looking at old Patrick Ewing film on how to get into the lane, and getting away with it.
    Ha, man I know. I felt guilty on at least one move. But then I thought "F them, it happens to us too".

I prefer clean, quality ball but the game is the rules and the rules are what the refs allow.

Raptors reminded me of how we were under Obie; i.e. looking good when players had a hot shooting night. In the first half it was Bargs, in the second half it was Derozan. I'm just glad we play a different style now.
    I totally agree. The shots DD was being forced to take weren't high quality and he was still hitting them. But his first 3 quarters were a disaster. So suddenly the offense is better? No, he just got hot.

That's how you get a roller coaster effect where the team seemingly plays bad or good from game to game or quarter to quarter. Was the Dunleavy 3rd quarter of the Denver game signs that the offense was clicking suddenly? Nope. Nothing got better after that night, it wasn't even the beginning of a Dunleavy hot streak.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that "Raptors" wording underneath the baskets? At first I thought at was really a sign and was confused as to why they would put them there.
    Yeah, I didn't figure out until about the third quarter that it was just a funky paint job...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Yeah, I didn't figure out until about the third quarter that it was just a funky paint job...

Yeah the thing was driving me nuts...Everytime someone would take the ball out of bounds my eyes would freak out like they couldnt understand what was going on...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardHawes For This Useful Post:

Justin Bieber sucks.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Didn't notice this before, but Paul George played a lot of minutes this game. lol.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'd love this to light a fire under Hibbert's backside! He needs to show some tuffness. Maybe there is some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla
    FORMER ALL-STAR!!!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Justin Bieber sucks.
    I think we can all agree with that unless there are 13 year old girls in this forum. Yeah, didn't think so.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

The double tech on Hans and Magloire was a joke. He definitely added some extra when he "fell" on
    Tyler.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    The double tech on Hans and Magloire was a joke. He definitely added some extra when he "fell" on
    Tyler.
    I dont see how Tyler could have been called for anything.. he jumped up and grabbed the ball and Magloire tackled him.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEM For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    I dont see how Tyler could have been called for anything.. he jumped up and grabbed the ball and Magloire tackled him.
    Yeah, I saw Tyler jump in and grab the ball clean without touching Magloire, then got an elbow in the face from Magloire and fell down with Magloire landing on him. definitely a mystery.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I6C9xyAxlQ

Oh snap. Didn't see the game.
    Just glad our boys won.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Yeah, I saw Tyler jump in and grab the ball clean without touching Magloire, then got an elbow in the face from Magloire and fell down with Magloire landing on him. definitely a mystery.
    Denari was just on JMV talking about how he saw Bieber talking to a ref and joked about how the ref was more interested in talking to Bieber than working the game......

CONSPIRACY THEORY!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Denari was just on JMV talking about how he saw Bieber talking to a ref and joked about how the ref was more interested in talking to Bieber than working the game......

CONSPIRACY THEORY!
    Ref was probably just trying to get tickets for his daughter or niece. That's got to be easier than trying to get Lady Gaga tickets from Dane Cook.