Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else notice that "Raptors" wording underneath the baskets? At first I thought at was really a sign and was confused as to why they would put them there.
    I think we all saw it - you can't not notice that damn thing. It made me dizzy when people stepped on it and my brain was forced to accept the fact that it was flat.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

anyone care to enlighten me as to what you guys are referring to in regards to this sign?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That "sign" bugged me all night!

Also, I don't think Danny had particularly bad shot selection, he just didn't hit shots.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I love this team so far only 2 games but like what has already been said. That was not a game that we win last year. I'm glad the team gets a day off to travel back home to prep for the cavs but man I'm enjoying this team so much a day seems like forever to wait to see us play again.

This way our team is playing and winning it really makes it special for those of us who suffered through the dark years of satan's reign as our coach.
    You haven't been around that long if you think the dark times started with job.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I wonder how Raptors fans feel about the sign, seeing that sign on a consistent basis would bug the crap out of me.

I missed all but the fourth quarter and it was nice seeing Danny hit some big shots. He is still the best go-to player on the team in situations like that.

Really enjoyable game to watch. The Raps aren't that far off being a reasonable team.

Loved the play that lead to PG's first 3pter of the night. Running Danny of picks, he recognizes that his defender has caught up, he swings it back to Collison and the PG pops out at the corner after rubbing Barbosa off the same screens, pump fake, step back, 3.

Derozan looks like he could be one of the best scorers in the NBA in a few seasons. George was all over him in the 1st half and he didn't seem to want to take him on, but once he got going in the 2nd it was most impressive.

I really like how our system is shaping up. Lots of ball movement around the perimeter, but using it to create lots of post entries. It is generating lots of decent mid range looks as well, we've just got to start knocking them down.

George Hill hasn't found his shooting touch or totally worked out where he fits within the system yet, but he makes so many smart plays that don't show up as stats.

David West is exactly what this team needed. Smart player, good rebounder, veteran leader, versatile defender and clutch scorer. Can't wait until he rediscovers the consistency on his jumper.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skyfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeliumFear View Post
    Even though the bench was a no-show tonight...what do ya'll think of my clever rank-thingy above my avatar? We need to cash in on the Tebow-T-'Brough comparisons.

#TBroughTime anyone?
    that's an insult to Tyler, Tebow has become a running joke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

JEM

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Ha. I'd do it if we could get 3 good years out of Nash. Risky though.
    Last week, I would have said yes without a second thought. Collison has grown on me though. So I'd hesitate now - but probably still say yes. Would depend on how much more growth we see out of DC, I suppose.

It feels good to finally see the Pacers excute a winning, no nonsense, simple "bread-n-butter" basketball play to end the game. David West went to his forte and brought us home. How about that for a change ?!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacemaker For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Raptors reminded me of how we were under Obie; i.e. looking good when players had a hot shooting night. In the first half it was Bargs, in the second half it was Derozan. I'm just glad we play a different style now.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Big shot takers & big shot makers!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    He might be taking this smashmouth thing a bit too far. Too often you see the guards trying to force the ball inside to Hibbert, West, or Hansbrough at the expense of the offense. Everyone is standing around as this happens.
    Well, time to work on offense has been limited. You've got to start somewhere, and that's a pretty good place to start.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Disagree! That's just pure speculation. Look at Pierce, he's still a force. Reggie was still a force when he was almost 40. Players are staying in their prime longer than they used to because they take better care of themselves.
    Also, Granger's game depends little on athleticism.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Rewatched the game.... Darren was very good last night. I realized that he played well... But he's really transformed and molded his game after the identity of the team. I watched the game in a lot of commotion so my observations weren't the best. But DC was good.

Despite having a poor first game... The assist numbers are up a lot at 8.5 on the year.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 12-29-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Also, Granger's game depends little on athleticism.
    i think we can get at least 5 more good years out of danny. he plays with old man moves, just like paul pierce. pierce is 35 next year, btw. and he's still a very good player.

What's with Lance getting no minutes? I've got to believe there's an issue going on.

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    I wonder how Raptors fans feel about the sign, seeing that sign on a consistent basis would bug the crap out of me.

I missed all but the fourth quarter and it was nice seeing Danny hit some big shots. He is still the best go-to player on the team in situations like that.
    That sign is freaking awesome, that took a pretty clever designer to figure that out. Thats something we would never do at Conseco because we have too much history to pull off a sign like that. But those crazy Canadians....

I would think that sign is actually set up for the TV Camera's only. I dont' think the forced perspective actually works at any other angle than the general area that the TV cameras are placed.

Here is a nice explaination....

Last edited by graphic-er; 12-29-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

What's with Lance getting no minutes? I've got to believe there's an issue going on.
    I was also wondering about that. As long as A.J. Price isn't getting minutes instead, I don't think we have to worry just yet.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Paul George got into early foul trouble on Monday. I suspect Lance only played because we needed more minutes at the 2 from George Hill while Paul sat.

Paul didn't get into quick foul trouble the last 3 halves we've played, and Lance in turn didn't play in any if them.

That's my theory.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not seeing the offensive issues that some of you guys are. I thought the offense looked a lot better tonight than it did Monday. They might not have hit some shots, but the flow was a lot better, and they were getting the shots that they wanted. It's a work in progress.

And DC struggled a bit tonight, but it's really encouraging to see him put up such great assist numbers even if his passes weren't all that great. I wonder what it will look like when he actually delievers the ball on time.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I'm not seeing the offensive issues that some of you guys are. I thought the offense looked a lot better tonight than it did Monday. They might not have hit some shots, but the flow was a lot better, and they were getting the shots that they wanted. It's a work in progress.

And DC struggled a bit tonight, but it's really encouraging to see him put up such great assist numbers even if his passes weren't all that great. I wonder what it will look like when he actually delievers the ball on time.
    I agree. There were some lazy/sloppy passes, but for the most part the offense looked better. Guys weren't hitting open shots.

At least we hit the shots when it counted though and didn't let the game slip away. We would have last year.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

This exactly. I don't see how anyone can say the offense looked bad. I our starting PG doubled is assist numbers! They just didn't make shots early on.

I'm more concerned about our defense. We have too many guys not rotating quickly enough or completely losing their man. Paul George (cough cough)

Though big ups to the final defensive play we made where the bigs poked that ball loose under the basket.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I just hate that when we have a lead it's like our guys relax too much. Then we start getting sloppy turning the ball over and even our defense stagnates. I hope the coach is working on that.

Basketball is a game of runs, and they shouldn't be relaxing. They should stay focused and make sure the other team's run is a short one.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!