Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

To be fair, Nash was terrible tonight. lol.

Sports Logo

I don't think I would do it. It would be hard to turn Nash down, but I worry about his back, especially in a condensed season.

It would probably mean a bigger role for Lance, and I'd rather ease him in since we're not serious contenders, yet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way. If I'm not winning a title this year I'm not banking on Nash having a future.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned

If you have a chance to get Nash for DC you do it, yeah DC had a good game today but he is not Steve Nash.

Sports Logo

Saw this on a Raps board:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...032#post107032
    As Hibbert began to check Magloire, Hibbert had grabbed his hand, and tugged it a little. They exchanged words after the whistle. Roy Hibbert was jawing the rest of the night.

After the 4th quarter, and after the loss had been secured, Jamaal Magloire walked over to the tunnel (right at section 117) and stood there. He highfived his teammates as they walked by, and glared at the court. He was talking with the fans a bit, and gave some smiles and laughs. As Roy Hibbert walked by, it began. Jamaal Magloire got right in his face. They shoved each other and swore for about 10 seconds, and it took maybe 8 players to break them up. Jamaal Magloire was acting like a real bad ***. He was acting with pride. He put Hibbert in his place. Or so that is how it looked to me.
    Doesn't sound like Roy, but who knows what was said.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's right. Maglore scored a whopping zero points. Time to teach the double-double machine a lesson. I'm glad Roy has a little fire in his belly.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have a chance to get Nash for DC you do it, yeah DC had a good game today but he is not Steve Nash.
    Why on earth would you do that?

Nash can be had at the deadline for cash. I am almost certain the Suns will scrap most of their crap-heap for cash by the time the deadline rolls around. I'm not suggesting that Bird has one player targeted, but he knows one will be available, maybe two. That is why we have 13 men and a lot of cash to burn.

What a fun game. How cool to watch a young team with new players and almost no camp or preseason win a tight game on the road. Vogel just keeps impressing me as a coach. Great stuff! I feel like we are in for a fun ride of some good competitive years from our Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I am not so sure it is really that certain.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

It's kind of odd the kind of dislike and angst the two teams have for one another seems like something happens everytime we end up playing the Raptors.

To be fair though, both bargnani and calderon do have those kind of faces that make ya wanna punch them... i'm only half kidding. also calderon eats babies

Last edited by TheDon; 12-29-2011 at 12:36 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Mood

I have always liked Nash, but at this point in his career, I'll keep DC. If we're talking about Rondo, or most certainly Deron Williams, it's an entirely different story. I just think DC has more of a future than Nash at this point, and more potential than a lot of people on here give him credit for. DWill makes us contenders tomorrow, and Rondo would fit with Vogel like a dream.

Something I want to ask though, is why we're all being so hard on Granger's shot selection. I know he struggled early, and I didn't see the 1st quarter tonight, but I didn't think his shot selection was that bad. He went 8-19 tonight and hit two HUGE 3pt-ers. The only complaint I have about Danny's shot selection is that he needs to get to the free throw line more often. He's a strong guy and a good free throw shooter, so I think he should make a concerted effort to get to the line. But at least he's not just chucking shots like he used to.

And I find it interesting that Hibbert got into a shouting match with Magloire. I have not really thought of him as any kind of trouble maker, but this did kind of concern me to read. Probably shouldn't make too much of it, and it seems that Mags was the instigator, but I just really want this team to focus on basketball and leave that kind of stuff out of it.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Mood

Derozen opened my eyes tonight with his play. Unbelievable offensive shots at times from him. Very impressive.

Granger is showing hints of becoming a more well-rounded player again. He spoiled some of it with bad play, but there are encouraging signs from Danny on the defensive end. Not to mention it was a refreshing reminder of his clutch offense.

Lou played exactly as I hoped and expected he would. I love watching him play.

Darren Collison might quietly be transforming his game. While still flawed, he seems to be playing overall better defense, and on the other side of the ball he doesn't appear to be hell-bent on scoring anymore. He's letting the offense work, making more passes, and letting more shots come to him. If he keeps it going I will become cautiously optimistic about him as our starting PG.

Paul is teasing me with that 3-ball of his. I can't wait to see what he becomes.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one noticing the passing going on out there. Considering who we kept and who we let go from last year's roster, you have to feel good about the effort these guys are making to move the ball. It makes them much more dangerous.

I just can't wait for this team to start to gel and to start knocking down more of the shots that will probably start to fall as we go along.

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but I'm anything but discouraged thus far.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also, what is the deal thus far with the refs randomly swallowing their whistles when our bigs get grabbed or hit? Tyler and David both deserved more foul calls tonight than they got. Couple that with some ticky tack stuff on the other end, and that was frustrating for me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We won. We're 2-0. We're awesome.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Also, what is the deal thus far with the refs randomly swallowing their whistles when our bigs get grabbed or hit? Tyler and David both deserved more foul calls tonight than they got. Couple that with some ticky tack stuff on the other end, and that was frustrating for me.
    I completely agree it really seems like they're trying to blatantly make a game out of it cause the other team has no way of making it one without their help. I was getting frustrated at the Pistons game just cause some team sucks you don't bail them out with shoddy officiating. I'm getting tired of it too.

Mood

Even though the bench was a no-show tonight...what do ya'll think of my clever rank-thingy above my avatar? We need to cash in on the Tebow-T-'Brough comparisons.

#TBroughTime anyone?
    Pacers,baby!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to HeliumFear For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HeliumFear View Post
    Even though the bench was a no-show tonight...what do ya'll think of my clever rank-thingy above my avatar? We need to cash in on the Tebow-T-'Brough comparisons.

#TBroughTime anyone?
    Tebow is just behind justin bieber on my least favorite people list, so no thanks.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    Tebow is just behind justin bieber on my least favorite people list, so no thanks.
    Same here, I love Tyler and hate Tebow, no thanks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Derozen opened my eyes tonight with his play. Unbelievable offensive shots at times from him. Very impressive.

Granger is showing hints of becoming a more well-rounded player again. He spoiled some of it with bad play, but there are encouraging signs from Danny on the defensive end. Not to mention it was a refreshing reminder of his clutch offense.

Lou played exactly as I hoped and expected he would. I love watching him play.

Darren Collison might quietly be transforming his game. While still flawed, he seems to be playing overall better defense, and on the other side of the ball he doesn't appear to be hell-bent on scoring anymore. He's letting the offense work, making more passes, and letting more shots come to him. If he keeps it going I will become cautiously optimistic about him as our starting PG.

Paul is teasing me with that 3-ball of his. I can't wait to see what he becomes.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one noticing the passing going on out there. Considering who we kept and who we let go from last year's roster, you have to feel good about the effort these guys are making to move the ball. It makes them much more dangerous.

I just can't wait for this team to start to gel and to start knocking down more of the shots that will probably start to fall as we go along.

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but I'm anything but discouraged thus far.
    Ya Demar is really good been one of my favorite young players since he came into the league. If he ever gets a jump shot he will be a top scorer in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It's also worth noting that people who want to trade Granger recognize he is marketable. Nobody rational would give him away. The question is whether you want to build a contender where the best talent on the team enters their prime years about the same time. That might be the only way this team wins a championship. Granger is in his prime now and he will be in decline about the time Paul George is entering his prime. That makes a case for moving Granger sometime soon for younger talent. JMHO.
    If you go with that logic we would be 1-1. Granger won the game for us tonight. You are right with saying Granger is in his prime, so why would you trade him? By the way, who do you think we could get for Danny?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to tflo For This Useful Post:

I know there will be speed bumps along the way, but I think I've seen enough to think that by mid-season, we should be beating teams like Detroit and maybe even Toronto by 10-15 points.

I don't think that we will lose to many of the teams that we are supposed to beat. This will have the biggest impact on our improvement over last year's record.

I'd also like to offer my first Quinn Bucknerism of the season:

"This is a man's league. Sometimes they make that shot."

(this, after a Raptor made a jump shot against good defense).

32. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah, Toronto definitely hit some tough shots on us tonight to keep things close.

Mood

What a great game tonight. DW is quickly becoming a leader on this squad. Danny might be the captain of the team but DW has quickly become his 1st Leutinant. I didn't think he'd be a leader this quickly. That shot he made at the end of the game that sealed it was just a great play on his own. The pass got there late but he was still able to knock it down. Even though most of the team shot relatively poorly, we were able to keep the game within our control with defense. I thought Amundson was good tonight and PG and DC really performed well. Next stop Cleveland.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Did anyone else notice that "Raptors" wording underneath the baskets? At first I thought at was really a sign and was confused as to why they would put them there.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post: