Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George got into early foul trouble on Monday. I suspect Lance only played because we needed more minutes at the 2 from George Hill while Paul sat.

Paul didn't get into quick foul trouble the last 3 halves we've played, and Lance in turn didn't play in any if them.

That's my theory.
    I think it's more simple than that.

Lance is getting "developmental minutes"

Larry wants Vogel to play Lance. But Vogel isn't going to put Lance in a position where he is going to get eaten up and hurt the team.

Lance against Stuckey is actually a pretty good matchup.

Lance trying to guard Barbosa and Bayless, not so good. And although he could probably play against Calderon, Calderon would flat out kill him. It wasn't a game to play Lance at.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Paul George got into early foul trouble on Monday. I suspect Lance only played because we needed more minutes at the 2 from George Hill while Paul sat.

Paul didn't get into quick foul trouble the last 3 halves we've played, and Lance in turn didn't play in any if them.

That's my theory.
    Yes, this - and - George Hill is clearly not comfortable yet and it's more important to us as a team this year for him to get time and find his role(s) than it is to find playing time for Lance, who is a long-term project. I actually think that we'll see Lance a little more once the roles of the first 7-8 players get more settled. Maybe in a month or so if things go well we'll see him start to get garbage time minutes at the very least and maybe even small bits of match-up based time sporadically.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Only problem the Pacers seemed to have was getting Collison clear on the PnR hedges in the 4th. The Raptors were able to drive him way off the pick point which ruined any shot at a return pass and they never seemed to adjust to it.

Vogel needs to address that issue and have things ready to adjust if it happens again. DC was playing well so it's not like he was doing anything wrong, the Raps just saw a way to stop his impact off of that play.
    I recognized that problem throughout the game. There are several reasons the defense was consistently stopping him. DC is shorter than both guys defending by quite a bit. He's not that skilled at passing the ball. The guy popping out is floating sometimes, so some of this isn't all DC's fault. In any event, it looks easy to contain him which will remain a problem unless something is done to address it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

Larry wants Vogel to play Lance. But Vogel isn't going to put Lance in a position where he is going to get eaten up and hurt the team.

Lance trying to guard Barbosa and Bayless, not so good. And although he could probably play against Calderon, Calderon would flat out kill him. It wasn't a game to play Lance at.
    I think Lance will play around 15 minutes on saturday in the 2nd game of the back to back. If we have a 15-20+ lead tonight I think he may play tonight as well to keep the other guys fresh. I though his defense was great the other night when he played in fact it was the best I have ever seen him defend at any level he looks in a lot better shape. I hope we bring him a long slow. I dont want him to get him back in to bad habits. Just look at Reke Evans this year I believe the kid is ruined because of all the free reign they have given him in Sacramento. I would keep him on a short leash this year this is another teaching year for him IMO. If his bad habits from HS go away he will likely be a rotation player next year and if he keep progressing and doesn't regress like Tyreke seems to have he may become more than a rotation player in the future. Guys like Lance can be taught to play correctly IMO but it will take time but I was very encouraged by how he played in the opener defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I think Lance will play around 15 minutes on saturday in the 2nd game of the back to back. If we have a 15-20+ lead tonight I think he may play tonight as well to keep the other guys fresh. I though his defense was great the other night when he played in fact it was the best I have ever seen him defend at any level he looks in a lot better shape. I hope we bring him a long slow. I dont want him to get him back in to bad habits. Just look at Reke Evans this year I believe the kid is ruined because of all the free reign they have given him in Sacramento. I would keep him on a short leash this year this is another teaching year for him IMO. If his bad habits from HS go away he will likely be a rotation player next year and if he keep progressing and doesn't regress like Tyreke seems to have he may become more than a rotation player in the future. Guys like Lance can be taught to play correctly IMO but it will take time but I was very encouraged by how he played in the opener defensively.
    I watched that Kings/Bulls game last night. They don't have enough basketballs to go around in Sacramento. Thornton was bombing away, Jimmer creating for himself (at least trying), Reke attacking the rim every time and Cousins throwing up garbage. They have a lot of talent, but they were painful to watch.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    I watched that Kings/Bulls game last night. They don't have enough basketballs to go around in Sacramento. Thornton was bombing away, Jimmer creating for himself (at least trying), Reke attacking the rim every time and Cousins throwing up garbage. They have a lot of talent, but they were painful to watch.
    Like I said in the other thread Lance would be a 15ppg scorer there. All they do is run high PnR and then ISO for on of there players it is a joke. I doubt they win even 20 games. Westpual should be fired for that embarrassment of an offense and defense. But I blame the GM even more.

Jimmer is the only one who knows how to play he tries to get others involved but it doesn't work. But yes he still likes to bomb away from time to time when he is double teamed.

I am just glad the Pacers play more of a college/ team style at least now they do. I know if I lived in Sacramento or if the Pacers played like that I would not go to any games.

I was wrong about Cousins I would of took him 2nd but he really doesn't help you win even though he has a insane amount of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

Yesterday on the radio Vogel didn't call it developmental mintues but essentially they want to see what Lance can do.

He also said that he told Price to be patient and also be ready and that he fully trusted him to run the offense.