Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Banned

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have to say toronto looked like a pretty good team
    They are better than people think and way better than Detroit for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    My heart is broken.

Folks in the game thread were having coronaries, but I thought this was a really fun game to watch.

I think DG gets way too much flak. He had a couple ill-advised shots tonight (one of which was almost certainly a play called by Vogel) but for the most part his shot selection was quite good. He ended at 8-19, or 42%. Not bad for a guy in a slump.

I'm also liking George Hill more than the rest of the board, although I see him as almost exclusively a 2. I thought we played well with Hill and Collison on the floor together. I'm ready for Paul George to get all of Inferno's SF minutes, Hill to get all of the SG minutes that move opens up, and Lance to get the new backup PG minutes.

Not much to say about David West that's not immediately apparent. Exactly what this team needed, IMO. Forget the obvious basketball talent, I'm just happy to have another sane, solid, talented veteran. Imagine how much better this Pacer team would have been over the past several years with a guy like West. He's a guy who's right at Danny's level. When Bird said we needed two more guys at Danny's level, we start to see what he means.

Fun game for the undefeated Indiana Pacers.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They are better than people think and way better than Detroit for sure.
    Yes, the Raptors are not a cellar dweller type of team. They have good scorers in several positions with Derozan, Calderon, Bargnani and Barbosa...who have played together. They also have a scrappy defense with decent toughness. Also, this was their opener at home and a tough environment with horrific officiating. I'm glad we got out of there with a W...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Folks in the game thread were having coronaries, but I thought this was a really fun game to watch.

I think DG gets way too much flak. He had a couple ill-advised shots tonight (one of which was almost certainly a play called by Vogel) but for the most part his shot selection was quite good. He ended at 8-19, or 42%. Not bad for a guy in a slump.

I'm also liking George Hill more than the rest of the board, although I see him as almost exclusively a 2. I thought we played well with Hill and Collison on the floor together. I'm ready for Paul George to get all of Inferno's SF minutes, Hill to get all of the SG minutes that move opens up, and Lance to get the new backup PG minutes.

Not much to say about David West that's not immediately apparent. Exactly what this team needed, IMO. Forget the obvious basketball talent, I'm just happy to have another sane, solid, talented veteran. Imagine how much better this Pacer team would have been over the past several years with a guy like West. He's a guy who's right at Danny's level. When Bird said we needed two more guys at Danny's level, we start to see what he means.

Fun game for the undefeated Indiana Pacers.
    Especially the bolded part, but I agree with this whole post.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

I see so much Rudy Gay in Paul. Not a bad comparison, worst case scenario.

One other note: It's clear there's a new troll on board. Remember, it's not the admin's job to ban him (stupidity and negativity generally aren't ban-worthy offenses), it's our job to ignore him. Ignore flamers, folks, and they go away.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Worse case?

Mood

Rudy Gay is his worst case scenario?

good to know

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Worse case?
    To say the least, he'll be another Rudy Gay.

My bad.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I love this team so far only 2 games but like what has already been said. That was not a game that we win last year. I'm glad the team gets a day off to travel back home to prep for the cavs but man I'm enjoying this team so much a day seems like forever to wait to see us play again.

This way our team is playing and winning it really makes it special for those of us who suffered through the dark years of satan's reign as our coach.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Looks as though Roy has been looking at old Patrick Ewing film on how to get into the lane, and getting away with it.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Darren Collison was clearly upset that some of you would have George Hill take his starting point guard spot. Defense was good, save for that Calderon layup at the end there, and 12 assists is the highest I've seen a Pacer accumulate in some time.
    For what it's worth: Collison actually had games of 13, 12, 11 and 10 last (regular) season. He reached double figure assists in 4 of the 79 games he played. Three of those games were under Vogel, all in the last four weeks of the season.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Looks as though Roy has been looking at old Patrick Ewing film on how to get into the lane, and getting away with it.
    Yeah, sometimes you hafta wonder when he makes that move to the middle, but as long as it works, I like it a lot.

I also really like Roy's role on this team. Solid offensive contributor, but making his money on defense and rebounds.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Toronto reminds me of JOB's Pacers. Scrappy. Chucking three's. Tough when they play well.

I was also very happy with DC's PG play.

He had a good view and read his guys well and made some smart passes.

Plus he has really improved his defense.

An interesting stat of the early season (according to the Pacers' website): The Pacers are now 2-0 on the season despite failing to reach 40% shooting in either game (they shot 36.8% against DET, 39.5% against TOR). Prior to this season, they had lost 31 straight when they didn't reach the 40% threshold.

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

From what I saw, if Derozen doesn't go off on PG at the end there, the game is pretty much handled. As it was, we needed clutchness from Danny and Fluffy to pull it out. I disagree with the people who think the Raptors aren't bad. Maybe they get a little better with Casey at the helm. But other than Demar (who is really nice) and half-of-the-time Bargnani, they have very little punch on the offensive end and will continue to have one of the worst defenses in the league with Calderon initiating the defense and no interior defense to speak of. I'd be surprised if they aren't in the bottom five of the league. Doesn't matter though, let's just keep winning.

What a great game to watch! The Pacers offence is not quite their yet,but Granger and West showed a glimpse of what is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    From what I saw, if Derozen doesn't go off on PG at the end there, the game is pretty much handled. As it was, we needed clutchness from Danny and Fluffy to pull it out. I disagree with the people who think the Raptors aren't bad. Maybe they get a little better with Casey at the helm. But other than Demar (who is really nice) and half-of-the-time Bargnani, they have very little punch on the offensive end and will continue to have one of the worst defenses in the league with Calderon initiating the defense and no interior defense to speak of. I'd be surprised if they aren't in the bottom five of the league. Doesn't matter though, let's just keep winning.
    I guess we'll see. The fact they beat Cleveland on the road pretty easily...and Cleveland is now handing it to Detroit may just be due to the fact Toronto has played together...and this young season with no practice might benefit those types of teams including Chicago...at least in the short term. So, it could be you are correct...but at the moment I doubt they are much worse than average.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Prior to this season, they had lost 31 straight when they didn't reach the 40% threshold.
    Wow. That's an amazing stat.

Enjoy your time at PD!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I don't understand the idea that the game was ugly, it was a pretty physical game for the regular season. I love our physical style. Although I didnt think our defense was good enough in the 4th. 30 points given up way too much

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

isn't it funny that the NBA shows all of Raptor's highlights in nba.com, and yet they are the ones who lost?

This is a great game. Sloppy, but clutch plays by the Pacers.

There were some really bad turnovers that seemed to result in easy Toronto baskets, but I don't have the points off turnovers stat to back statement that up. Danny was handling the ball up like it was a greased watermelon in a pool. Big-time threes at the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't understand the idea that the game was ugly, it was a pretty physical game for the regular season. I love our physical style. Although I didnt think our defense was good enough in the 4th. 30 points given up way too much
    I'm not complaining about it...and I like defense as much as the next guy. However, I prefer to see a well tuned offense too. It's probably too early in the year to expect that though...particularly with the lockout.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: