Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Thread: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

  1. #26
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep I am going to hear about this for a long time .........but at least I like players that can actually play unlike some people hero
    No, you're hearing about it because it's relevant. You're nagging about us not having anyone big enough to play center. Who could we have signed that could have done that? Oh yeah, the guy you were in love with, Nene. I have a hard time believing those are unrelated issues.

    After that, what are you even talking about?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep I am going to hear about this for a long time .........but at least I like players that can actually play unlike some people hero
    Not sure what that means, but some of us took a different approach to free agency. You were all about Nene at whatever the price was. You zeroed in on him and didn't care about anything else. Others (and I include myself in this group) were looking for upgrades at a good value. West wasn't my first choice, but at the price we got him at, I was thrilled. He's going to help the team, and while he might not be the slam dunk, best possible player we could have gotten, he was the best option we had within the parameters that our front office set up.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't count? What is this, third grade? Of course they count. Unless I've missed something, neither of them is going to miss a healthy chunk of the season. They are missing the first few games of the season against lousy opponents. Big deal.
    Do you know that for sure? link?

  6. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure what that means, but some of us took a different approach to free agency. You were all about Nene at whatever the price was. You zeroed in on him and didn't care about anything else. Others (and I include myself in this group) were looking for upgrades at a good value. West wasn't my first choice, but at the price we got him at, I was thrilled. He's going to help the team, and while he might not be the slam dunk, best possible player we could have gotten, he was the best option we had within the parameters that our front office set up.
    I did not care about anything else? so I am talking about bringing a back up now and someway somehow this is Nene and West related? I am talking about possibly bringing Kaman or JP to back up Hibbert and you guys keep talking about Nene? wtf Nene has to do with all this?

  7. #30
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know that for sure? link?
    That's exactly the point I was making to you. Do you know for sure that they are missing a healthy chunk of the season? I don't know how long either of them will be out, but I haven't seen anything saying they will be out for a long period of time, and you usually hear something like that. Based on what I know (Foster has a back problem, Pendergraph has a knee problem?), they could be day-to-day issues, or longer term. If they are out for a chunk of the season, then I will start worrying about frontcourt depth. You, on the other hand, have jumped the gun and are already obsessing over it.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's exactly the point I was making to you. Do you know for sure that they are missing a healthy chunk of the season? I don't know how long either of them will be out, but I haven't seen anything saying they will be out for a long period of time, and you usually hear something like that. Based on what I know (Foster has a back problem, Pendergraph has a knee problem?), they could be day-to-day issues, or longer term. If they are out for a chunk of the season, then I will start worrying about frontcourt depth. You, on the other hand, have jumped the gun and are already obsessing over it.
    I'm not jumping the gun I am just suggesting that we should look into getting a back up, how is that hard to understand? do we really expect Pendergraph and Foster to be healthy during the whole year? how about Lou who was hurt for a long time last year? we have 13 players under contract, why not look into getting another big just in case? It was just a suggestion, no need for you and others to get all sensitive about it.

  10. #32

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not jumping the gun I am just suggesting that we should look into getting a back up, how is that hard to understand? do we really expect Pendergraph and Foster to be healthy during the whole year? how about Lou who was hurt for a long time last year? we have 13 players under contract, why not look into getting another big just in case? It was just a suggestion, no need for you and others to get all sensitive about it.

    Frensko(?) just signed, so who is still out there to be signed?

    Speights or JThompson in a trade? There just isn't much available. Kaaman I highly doubt is available, and if he was at what cost? They want to rebuild with youth and picks. Who are you willing to trade to get him?

    To be honest, I believe, regarding BIGS, Bird has decided that my team is on the floor, and hopes to find a b/u Center this offseason barring injuries.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frensko(?) just signed, so who is still out there to be signed?

    Speights or JThompson in a trade? There just isn't much available. Kaaman I highly doubt is available, and if he was at what cost? They want to rebuild with youth and picks. Who are you willing to trade to get him?

    To be honest, I believe, regarding BIGS, Bird has decided that my team is on the floor, and hopes to find a b/u Center this offseason barring injuries.
    Solo? and to get kaman yeah I don't know what NO would want for him, maybe just cap space and few second round picks?

  13. #34

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    I really don't get the big stink about having to have two 7 footers. There are probably only 10 legit 7 foot starting centers in the league. That is why you are able to give guys like West, Lou, and Pendergraph minutes at the 5. It's not like every team has a Dwight Howard that we have to deal with.

    We'll be fine and I think we can drop the Nene talk too. I'm happy with West and his contract. Nene wasn't worth the money or the long term deal it would have taken.


    Go Pacers!!!

  14. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    1

    ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
    Clips, Heat, Mavs have expressed interest in Joel Pryzbilla, sources confirm. However Pryzbilla has given no indication he wants to play yet


    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Add Mavs to Joel Przybilla suitors. Never off list, really. Chased Przybilla before signing Sean Williams and yes, I'm told, still after him

  15. #36
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not jumping the gun I am just suggesting that we should look into getting a back up, how is that hard to understand? do we really expect Pendergraph and Foster to be healthy during the whole year? how about Lou who was hurt for a long time last year? we have 13 players under contract, why not look into getting another big just in case? It was just a suggestion, no need for you and others to get all sensitive about it.
    It's not hard to understand, and you are the only one getting sensitive about it. It's just that you haven't relayed that exact thought very well. It comes off as you sounding preachy about us missing the boat on Nene. Even if you haven't directly said it in this thread, you have made your feelings well known about him.

    I don't expect both Pendergraph and Foster to be healthy all year, no. But I don't think we need both of them healthy either. One or the other (preferably Foster) is fine. It only becomes a crisis if they are both out for an extended period of time. Then, we probably need to scour the D-League or trade market for a useful backup.

  16. #37

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know that for sure? link?
    Foster was listed as day to day before the decision was made to keep him home to work with his physical therapist. It's not like he is heading to Boston to seek help from the specialist again, though that is not an inconceivable event that could happen yet this year. Maybe if that happens, then people can start to scream that the sky is falling...But for now, Vogel will experiment to see who can provide some offensive rebounds when Roy sits down. My guess is that the West/Hans experiment will continue.

  17. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not hard to understand, and you are the only one getting sensitive about it. It's just that you haven't relayed that exact thought very well. It comes off as you sounding preachy about us missing the boat on Nene. Even if you haven't directly said it in this thread, you have made your feelings well known about him.

    I don't expect both Pendergraph and Foster to be healthy all year, no. But I don't think we need both of them healthy either. One or the other (preferably Foster) is fine. It only becomes a crisis if they are both out for an extended period of time. Then, we probably need to scour the D-League or trade market for a useful backup.

    Here is my first post on this thread, "having another 7 footer just in case" means I am mad because we didn't get Nene? I am talking about the back ups and someway somehow you guys get to Davis West and Nene? by the way Nene is not a seven footer so that doesn't even makes sense.



    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupid decision by the Pacers in not having another 7footer just in case, everybody knew Foster wasn't going to make it for the whole season, they got Pendergraph for some reason and he is injured, if Roy gets hurt or in foul trouble we are screwed.

  18. #39
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my first post on this thread, "having another 7 footer just in case" means I am mad because we didn't get Nene? I am talking about the back ups and someway somehow you guys get to Davis West and Nene? by the way Nene is not a seven footer so that doesn't even makes sense.
    I'm considering the source. It is coming from you, and you have a way of beating the absolute **** out of a dead horse to make sure everyone knows your point. So Nene, right or wrong, immediately comes to mind when you are discussing frontcourt depth. Your unhappiness with David West also does. You ***** about this stuff long enough, and your overall message will get lost. Sorry, just the way it works.

    Besides, I responded to that need in my first post in this thread.

    Yeah vnzla I don't know why you are making such a big stink about this. We're fine. Hibbert, Foster, Pendergraph, Amundson, and West can all eat up minutes at the center position. Is it ideal having West out there at center? No, not really, but how many centers in the league can truly make us pay for that?
    I didn't mention Nene there, either. I answered exactly what you were talking about.

  19. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm considering the source. It is coming from you, and you have a way of beating the absolute **** out of a dead horse to make sure everyone knows your point. So Nene, right or wrong, immediately comes to mind when you are discussing frontcourt depth. Your unhappiness with David West also does. You ***** about this stuff long enough, and your overall message will get lost. Sorry, just the way it works.

    Besides, I responded to that need in my first post in this thread.



    I didn't mention Nene there, either. I answered exactly what you were talking about.
    Yeah I think is time for you guys to let that go(unless you are making fun of me ) and nope I am not mad about getting West I am actually coming around and I am hoping he proves me wrong

  20. #41
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    This was to be expected, nothing new. Bird obviously knows this having his own history of back problems. Just hope he can be there on the tough games needed and in the playoffs. That's the plan!

  21. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
    Pacers general manager David Morway said they're not looking to add anybody to roster despite only having 11 healthy players.

  22. #43
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
    Pacers general manager David Morway said they're not looking to add anybody to roster despite only having 11 healthy players.
    I think they like the roster/cap flexibility they currently have. It's too early to make panic moves.

  23. #44
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they like the roster/cap flexibility they currently have. It's too early to make panic moves.
    I agree...do something now and later it will be ...coulda woulda shoulda! Got to assess the team for more then 1 game, yes!

  24. #45

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Solo?

    and to get kaman yeah I don't know what NO would want for him, maybe just cap space and few second round picks?

    Been there done that. It wasn't the answer the 1st time, so why try again.

    Kaaman is not going for cap and a few 2nd rd picks. My guess is a young player like Stephenson/Hill, 1st pick... high teen pick, and cap would be a closer deal.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  26. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,764

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? A call for Jeff to retire already? What a surprise that it took someone so long to make such a suggestion.
    Absolutely! Thirteen seasons is far to quick to rush to judgement about whether a player should retire!

    OK, now on a serious note. I think there are some of us who would rather see Jeff retire than further injure his back, perhaps to the point of affecting him for the rest of his life. Chances are that may already have happened. Not to the point of crippling, but enough to give him pain for the rest of his life. If that were to happen it would be a terrible thing.

  27. #47
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, now on a serious note. I think there are some of us who would rather see Jeff retire than further injure his back, perhaps to the point of affecting him for the rest of his life. Chances are that may already have happened. Not to the point of crippling, but enough to give him pain for the rest of his life. If that were to happen it would be a terrible thing.
    I'll trust Jeff and his doctors to know what the breaking point is for his back before a bunch of lunatics around here.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  29. #48
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Anyone else enjoy watching Lou last night as much as I did? Love that kind of bench guy.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #49
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,697

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else enjoy watching Lou last night as much as I did? Love that kind of bench guy.
    Yes


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  32. #50

    Default Re: Mike Wells article from today's star...Foster did not make trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Anyone else enjoy watching Lou last night as much as I did? Love that kind of bench guy.


    I've kept tabs on Lou since he was at Philly. He's just all out energy and hustle. He will sacrifice his body to make a play. He not a stat stuffer, just does the little things that don't show up in the box score. He was constantly setting picks last night for other players, and moving instead of standing around watching n waiting. Fans will appreciate his type of play.

Similar Threads

  1. Indianapolis Star: Mike Wells
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 02:55 AM
  2. Star article on offseason workouts
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 11:04 PM
  3. Star Article, Pacers don't want to gut roster.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM
  4. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM
  5. Good article on Jeff Foster
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •