Thread: Pacers - Hornets, No Gordon, Interesting

Sports Logo

Default Pacers - Hornets, No Gordon, Interesting

I found this trade idea on RealGM, I slightly adjusted it.

Indiana trades:
    Dahanty Jones
    2013 First round pick

New Orleans trades:
    Trevor Ariza

The Hornets probably don't need Ariza and his contract. So they should say yes.
    The Pacers don't really need Cap Space to sign players. They are below the cap by a lot, and the only players becoming free agents next season are Roy Hibbert and George Hill, Both RFAs, can be resigned even when you're over the "soft" cap, depends on whether you have an owner who is willing to spend.
    Ariza is overpaid but he's a good player and I honestly don't think his contract is that horrible. Bad contract no doubt, but having him off the bench is quite a luxury.
    This trade also allows us to add a pretty major piece without losing any of our core players.

New Pacers Rotation:

Collison/Hill/Price
    George/Ariza/Hill
    Granger/Ariza
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Foster

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Pacers - Hornets, No Gordon, Interesting

No way in a million years would I waste a 1st round pick on Trevor Ariza. Trading the two straight up would be ok but I wouldn't throw in a 1st rounder (or any pick, for that matter).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Solomon Grundy For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Ariza's got about 2 years/15 mil left AFTER this year. Anyone's getting picks it should be us.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ariza's got about 2 years/15 mil left AFTER this year. Anyone's getting picks it should be us.
    Ariza is a good value contract he isn't under paid but he isn't over paid he is a very very good defender. Monty loves him so I doubt NOLA trades him. I would love to get him for the right price.

That trade is fair value IMO if the pick is protected Ariza in place of Djones in the rotation makes the Pacers a much better team IMO.

LOL at the idea NO would do a straight up trade that would be robbery on the Pacers part.

I would even call up Stern and ask if they want to shred salary and try to get both Okafor or Kaman and Ariza then we would really be the deepest team i the NBA. Okafor would add something our bigs don't do set hard good picks and does all the dirty work while playing good defense. Adding him and Ariza would make us IMO possibly the best defensive team in the league.

If Okafor we would obviously be getting a few picks back also just for taking his contract. But I wouldn't mind I thinking getting those 2 would make us close to contenders.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-09-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ariza is a good value contract he isn't under paid but he isn't over paid he is a very very good defender. Monty loves him so I doubt NOLA trades him. I would love to get him for the right price.

That trade is fair value IMO if the pick is protected Ariza in place of Djones in the rotation makes the Pacers a much better team IMO.

LOL at the idea NO would do a straight up trade that would be robbery on the Pacers part.

I would even call up Stern and ask if they want to shred salary and try to get both Okafor or Kaman and Ariza then we would really be the deepest team i the NBA. Okafor would add something our bigs don't do set hard good picks and does all the dirty work while playing good defense. Adding him and Ariza would make us IMO possibly the best defensive team in the league.

If Okafor we would obviously be getting a few picks back also just for taking his contract. But I wouldn't mind I thinking getting those 2 would make us close to contenders.
    Finally someone who agrees with me.
    I wouldn't go so far to get Emeka also. I think that's too much money. The difference between Ariza and Jones in $ per this year is ~4 millions and I think he's a way way way way better player that can make us deeper.