Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Just how big of a move was signing David West?

Banned

Default Re: Just how big of a move was signing David West?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's just trolling. I mean, he compared West to frickin Troy Murphy.
    Yes I compared West D to Troy's D(not as bad as Troy but not good either) and game 1 didn't change that thinking, the defense overall was bad so to be fair I am not going to blame him for it, he was also playing center making it even harder for me to judge him for playing out of position.

I would say that if he proves me wrong I'll be man enough and eat my crow without making any excuses

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

The Pistons scored 79 points.. That doesn't happen with bad defense.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Pretty darn big. Take his game and how it compliments Roy and Tyler and put it aside. The fact that he is a leader and great team guy was the bonus that brought me over to DW's side.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Yes, I am talking about the past because your insistent that he is a "former All Star". Apparently by your definition that means he wasn't an All Star last season. So by nagging on that you're talking about the past as well. Otherwise he would be an All Star player, yes?

As far as this year goes, you're correct, only time will tell. So if we don't know, why do you keep acting like you're so sure and bringing it up every time you see David West's name like it's already been decided? We've seen nothing to show that he won't be that guy. In fact, in the opener he certainly looked like he's still that guy. His game is more of a game of knowledge anyway. He's smart, he knows where to be, and how to get position. Everything we've seen and know about him points towards nothing but a full recovery. I would be much more worried about a guy who relies on jumping high and running fast.

He actually didn't show that he is that guy, yeah he looked good but why ignore the numbers? 11 points with 12 field goal attempts making 3 with a shooting % of .250, 12rebounds and 3 assist, trust me I would like to be wrong but that doesn't scream all star to me, yes I know it was just one game, reason why I posted before that people should hold their judgment for a least 20 games, that doesn't mean I am going to ignore the posts that are calling "haters" like me out because I was wrong after one game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    The Pistons scored 79 points.. That doesn't happen with bad defense.
    There is a reason why Vogel talked about the defense in one of the articles I posted in the game thread, he must be a "hater" too I guess.

Here is part of the article

We’ve got a lot of room for improvement,” the Pacers coach said. “They shot 36 percent and we defended pretty well, but we can improve a lot on the defensive end.”

Danny "and our defense was just ok"

“We didn’t shoot the ball well on the offensive end and our defense was just okay,” Danny Granger said. “There’s always room for improvement.”

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...rom-the-field/
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-28-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    He actually didn't show that he is that guy, yeah he looked good but why ignore the numbers? 11 points with 12 field goal attempts making 3 with a shooting % of .250, 12rebounds and 3 assist, trust me I would like to be wrong but that doesn't scream all star to me, yes I know it was just one game, reason why I posted before that people should hold their judgment for a least 20 games, that doesn't mean I am going to ignore the posts that are calling "haters" like me out because I was wrong after one game
    The guy is rusty, more than most players because of his time in rehab and away from the game. He had 3 or 4 easy shots that in time he will make without question in that game. That would have made it a 17 point, 13 rebound 3 assist, and 2 block game. Sure looks like All Star numbers to me. He looked like the same guy with some rust. If everyone is talking that everyone in the NBA is rusty, imagine how David West is going to be from the time he had to stay off the court.

If you can't see that, it's simply because you don't want to. Awfully odd for someone who wants to be wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    The guy is rusty, more than most players because of his time in rehab and away from the game. He had 3 or 4 easy shots that in time he will make without question in that game. That would have made it a 17 point, 13 rebound 3 assist, and 2 block game. Sure looks like All Star numbers to me. He looked like the same guy with some rust. If everyone is talking that everyone in the NBA is rusty, imagine how David West is going to be from the time he had to stay off the court.

If you can't see that, it's simply because you don't want to. Awfully odd for someone who wants to be wrong.
    Should have could have, I could play that game all day, the reality is that he didn't do it let's hope he does it today and destroy the Raptors again just one game no reason why to go crazy either way.

There is a reason why Vogel talked about the defense in one of the articles I posted in the game thread, he must be a "hater" too I guess.

You said the defense was bad. They did not. The defense was not bad. You're changing your stance.

You said the defense was bad, and to back it up you quote the coach saying it was pretty good and a player saying it was okay, in reference to a game in which the opposition scored 79?

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

This is getting comical.

I am very happy with how the first game went. Looking for a good win tonight.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You said the defense was bad, and to back it up you quote the coach saying it was pretty good and a player saying it was okay, in reference to a game in which the opposition scored 79?
    It was my personal opinion that the D was bad when he had the Tyler/West front court, I never said that Danny or Vogel said that, the article proves that the defense is a concern between players and coach, reason why I quoted the article, "we can improve a lot on the defensive end" from Vogel and "the defense was just ok" from Danny proves the point that I was trying to make.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...n-over-Raptors

"West, who finished with 14 points and six rebounds, wanted to be the go-to guy on defense late, too.

He went to Vogel with a little more than a minute remaining in the game and told his coach that he wanted to defend Raptors big man Andrea Bargnani down the stretch.

Bargnani, who had 21 points, missed two jump shots in the final 1:14."

I like it!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post: