Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just how big of a move was signing David West?

Hybrid View

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Just how big of a move was signing David West?

I'm sitting here listening to 1070 the fan and they are talking about something that really got me thinking and I completely agree. David West, along with the other guys we brought in, have completely changed the culture of this team. There are no guys that will go sit on the bench and complain about playing time, nobody for Lance Stephenson to fool around with which will only make him better. Apparently James Posey got in a yelling match with Frank Vogel which I had never heard about, but that must be the reason he was never allowed back here during training camp. They all play hard now, nobody is just looking out for themselves. I think the team has just completely changed their total outlook. It went from a few guys trying to get their stats, to everyone just playing as a team. I also loved how David West got mad after every time he missed a shot, he just brings that sense of wanting to win and striving for greatness. The guys don't have to worry about messing up because the coach actually believes in them and will continue to push you to get better. Danny Granger made a good passing play or two and I think he will continue to make his game more of an all-around game. This year is gonna be the turning point for this franchise. Yes I am saying this after one game.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Just how big of a move was signing David West?

If David West stays healthy, he can be very HUGE!
    You know which scene I loved most from the highlights of the game???
    David West was so damn crazy pumped up before that game!!! Just look in his face and you could have telled before the game, that we will win this one...that was really great to see! Tayshaun Prince looked like a shy and skinny schoolboy, wanting to become a member of big Davids cool gang !

Go Pacers, nice game, let's rip Toronto!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

Lance is a cancer, West is the cure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno if Lance is really a cancer. A nuisance at times? Maybe. But a cancer? Nah.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Lance was a great teammate last night. He looked passionate with the towel slap

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

I know they supposedly had some tiff in Houston last year after a game but I have never gotten why people say that Lance & Dahntay don't like each other.

They are always the first to get up and bump each other after one of them goes to the bench and they talk on the bench all of the time. I think maybe it's a big brother little brother kind of thing, they get mad at each other but still are close.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know they supposedly had some tiff in Houston last year after a game but I have never gotten why people say that Lance & Dahntay don't like each other.

They are always the first to get up and bump each other after one of them goes to the bench and they talk on the bench all of the time. I think maybe it's a big brother little brother kind of thing, they get mad at each other but still are close.
    I think when you have two guys who are as passionate about ball as Tay and lance no matter how tight you are there is bound to be a tiff. Not because they dislike eachother but just because they want to win.

Lance is not a cancer, people that say things on a message board like this are a cancer. The kid is maturing, seems to be doing the right things so just give him a break. You do not know him at all so you have no clue. How would you feel if you saw your post and you had been trying to do the right things.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Other than the fact Lance has been always enthusiastic on the bench and other than the fact he was a humble, completely unassuming player at the Pro-Am who made a point to come over to my 10-yr-old son and shake his hand...uh, well said.

Go David! Go Lance!
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

"Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reginald For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Oh, that's pure ********.

At the tip-off West was so locked-in that he didn't realized that Prince was trying to say hello and ask him about his health !! West was just craving to get physical!! That right there gave me goosebumps !!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think West is the leader we have been looking for since Reggie left. You can just see it in his eyes.

I had not been expecting that.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I think West is the leader we have been looking for since Reggie left. You can just see it in his eyes.

I had not been expecting that.
    I was at the game last night, had great seats...6th row in the middle. I was very impressed with David West communicating on defense...he was much more vocal on defense than anyone else out there, which was GREAT to see. Too say I was impressed with D West would be an understatement, I never really wanted him like a lot of other posters...but WOW Kudos to management for making that deal happen. I think David West's contribution to this team will be huge, he actually seemed thrilled to be there. Right before the tip off he was jumping around, high fiving everybody (even the Pistons). My father hasn't been excited about the Pacers since Reggie Miller and last night he couldn't shut-up about how "we finally have some tough big guys, like the Davis brothers."

Go Pacers!!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

It was big.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I thought west would be a better addition than Nene from the get go. Better rebounder, stronger offensive game, and he just always struck me as a player with great intangibles.

And hell, he may be more capable of sliding over to center than I thought. Not too shabby.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

What we have with David West is a player with much to prove, and he is playing with a big chip on his shoulder. His whole career he had to hear how great Chris Paul is and how he wasn't really an all star. Now he is on a mission to silence his critics

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I thought west would be a better addition than Nene from the get go. Better rebounder, stronger offensive game, and he just always struck me as a player with great intangibles.

And hell, he may be more capable of sliding over to center than I thought. Not too shabby.
    Not specifically at you IMF...

For all the people that are high on David West now I sure could of used your support back in March and June.

Hopefully Dwest keeps improving and his conditioning gets better. He defiantly seemed winded out there last night but I like that he's not backing down from opponents Centers. Stay healthy big fella..

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Not specifically at you IMF...

For all the people that are high on David West now I sure could of used your support back in March and June.

I was getting ready to comment on this in another thread, it seems to me like we are getting a lot of bandwagon jumpers here telling us things like "he is the guy I always wanted" or "I knew he was going to be that good" where were this people when you and maybe one more person were having all this arguments about West with me and other guys?

edit: I don't think is fair to never stick your head out of the window and all of the sudden "yeah he is the guy I wanted all along" I call BS on that one. Gamble1 was man enough to support the guy since the beggining unlike some people here.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-27-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Undefeated

[QUOTE=vnzla81;1329576]

I was getting ready to comment on this in another thread, it seems to me like we are getting a lot of bandwagon jumpers here telling us things like "he is the guy I always wanted" or "I knew he was going to be that good" where were this people when you and maybe one more person were having all this arguments about West with me and other guys?

edit: I don't think is fair to never stick your head out of the window and all of the sudden "yeah he is the guy I wanted all along" I call BS on that one. Gamble1 was man enough to support the guy since the beggining unlike some people here.
    West was not the guy I wanted.... but after watching him play last night, I'm sure as hell happy he's the guy we got. Obviously it's one game, but loved his style of play. So I'm jumping on the West bandwagon, later than some, but happy to be aboard.
    Danger Zone

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

[QUOTE=vnzla81;1329576]

Not to get into a pissing match or anything, but I've been beating the West over Nene drum pretty hard since pretty much the day the lockout ended.

Exhibit A

I was more skeptical last season and early summer because of the injury, but with the added recovery time of the lockout, he's been my guy for sure, at least during this free agency period.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

[QUOTE=vnzla81;1329576]

The moderators should place a gold star on the avatars of those who first posted that the Pacers should sign David West.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freddie fan For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post

Fair point.

I wasn't high on West at all; I'm pretty sure I posted something along the lines of Nene > Chandler > West. But West is looking like a very good fit, to my surprise and pleasure. Glad to be wrong on this one.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Fair point.

I wasn't high on West at all; I'm pretty sure I posted something along the lines of Nene > Chandler > West. But West is looking like a very good fit, to my surprise and pleasure. Glad to be wrong on this one.
    I think most people including myself had a list along those lines but salaries come into play and that's where I differed from a lot of posters.

Give me Nene for a 10 million per all day but I think most of us knew in our heart of hearts those guys were never realistic options. West seems like a bargain and I had originally said that we could possibly get him for 3 years 9 million per but even that was CRAZY talk for many given his injury.

Here's to him staying healthy and a above 500 W/L and just for the record I don't care who is right or wrong just as long as the Pacers do well in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 12-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Lance was cheerleader #1 on the bench last night as we were building huge leads in the 2nd half. It doesn't mean much, but being engaged in the game when you're not really involved is something I like to see from guys.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Lance ain't no cancer. He didn't get to play in the 2nd half and he was still on the bench cheering for his teammates.