Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Detroit/Pacers postgame thread.

Default Re: Detroit/Pacers postgame thread.

I'm not going to panic on West's tweet. Back to the game...

I know it was only 6 minutes or so but I'm tellin' you, Lance Stephenson looked good! Seriously, it is very easy to see the talent this man has. If he can keep his head on straight I may be as intrigued to watch this man develop as much as anyone. He reminds me a bit of Jalen Rose.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A.B.Hollywood For This Useful Post:

There's another David West tweet now. Looks like the problem is something off the court:

D_West30 David West
    4 those who pray...Pray 4 the Evans family!!

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Evans?

Tyreke?

Brian?

Someone other Evans family?

Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it was only 6 minutes or so but I'm tellin' you, Lance Stephenson looked good! Seriously, it is very easy to see the talent this man has. If he can keep his head on straight I may be as intrigued to watch this man develop as much as anyone. He reminds me a bit of Jalen Rose.
    His development is going to be an interesting item this season. He did some good things, and some bad...but this was probably his best NBA minutes. It was only 6 minutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I like the fact the Pacers had 5 players in players in double figiures, 3 players with double doubles, but I'm concerned with 36.8 FG %. That % is not going to win many games. Granger was 6/18. This isn't pre-season anymore.
    Not worried about this at all, we had a ton of put back attempts in the paint that we missed.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I hope we don't screw up Wednesday night because we're on the road.

That's a winnable game.

Just got back from the game, what an atmosphere. Some observations.

1. Bankers Life Fieldhouse is understaffed right now*The concession stand lines were not moving along like they should. Also they did not have enough ticket scanners.

2. Hansbrough will have a good shot at winning 6th man or most improved player award. He almost broke Will Bynum's arm tonight. I thought the preseason numbers were just a fluke, but this guy is just a beast on the court. He does a good job of mixing up his offense.

3. David West might average a double double with this team. Especially when you consider that he missed a few easy open shots tonight. Really amazed at the 11 rebounds considering he did not play the final 6-7 minutes.

4. People keep saying T-Mac when they talk about George, I actually think he will be more like Prince. I don't think he'll ever be offensively gifted like Tmac, but like Prince, he will be able to knock down tough shots and be your teams best defensive player.

Has anyone ever had a problem where the tickets you printed were not valid when they scanned them? Guy told us to "go talk to that goofy looking dude over there, and tell him your tickets arent scanning correctly. Its not showing that they have already been scanned so they should be legit" I looked at him quizzically and said "okay" and just walked in the general direction he pointed and then just up the steps and went about our way. I'm not going hold up the line of people cause my ticket doesn't scan for you. He didn't even look over at us as we walked away. Finance' was scared we would get in trouble LOL!
    Last edited by graphic-er; 12-26-2011 at 11:37 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

It is so nice having a veteran who really knows what he is doing - that is the best thing about West. He does nothing flashy, nothing spectacular, he just knows how to play
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-26-2011 at 11:54 PM.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

was really liking what I saw tonight... a guy a few seats down from me had a kind of fun idea that Area 55 needs to pick up on: T-Brough. Ha-ha.

It was a great, fun game tonight. The only thing that worried me was that the offense was very predictable-- it seemed like it was constant pick and rolls. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but if other teams figure it out, it could make for some game plan headaches... Maybe I'm not giving Vogel & Co. enough credit...

Really though, D-West was a straight-up beast. The tweet scared the crap out of me, but I was comforted in the fact that Wells hadn't said anything about it. I'm glad it's nothing ball related, but then again, I'll be praying for him and the Evans family... I don't know the situation, but God does.

Area 55, you guys were cracking' me up- you need to have a twitter feed with your chants so the rest of us not cool enough to be 55ers can get in on the fun

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersandIU For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Just got back from the game, what an atmosphere. Some observations.

1. Bankers Life Fieldhouse is understaffed right now*The concession stand lines were not moving along like they should. Also they did not have enough ticket scanners.

2. Hansbrough will have a good shot at winning 6th man or most improved player award. He almost broke Will Bynum's arm tonight. I thought the preseason numbers were just a fluke, but this guy is just a beast on the court. He does a good job of mixing up his offense.

3. David West might average a double double with this team. Especially when you consider that he missed a few easy open shots tonight. Really amazed at the 11 rebounds considering he did not play the final 6-7 minutes.

Has anyone ever had a problem where the tickets you printed were not valid when they scanned them? Guy told us to "go talk to that goofy looking dude over there, and tell him your tickets are scanning correctly. Its not showing that they have already been scanned so they should be legit" I looked at him quizzically and said "okay" and just walked in the general direction he pointed and then just up the steps and went about our way. I'm not going hold up the line of people cause my ticket doesn't scan for you. He didn't even look over at us as we walked away. Finance' was scared we would get in trouble LOL!
    yea i was surprised by how long the lines were... the one i was at took ilk 15 min bc there was just two ladies running it.... the service tonight was terrible...... but that was the only bad thing tonight

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

YES! Area 55 did a wonderful job.... great idea switching the drums from the other side of the field house to area 55! really bought a whole new dimension... i like teyshaun princess.... had a good laugh at that one

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Roy Hibbert's Stat line was amazing to me, because it certainly didn't appear that way from an eye test. I thought he looked rather soft tonight, especially on D.

Also we had some amazing steals tonight, only to give it up on the other. I hope Vogel stresses to them that if the transition basket isn't there reset and get a good possession out of it. I remember PG had a great steal and pushed it up the court, hesitated and just jacked up a contested 18 fter.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 12-26-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU View Post
    was really liking what I saw tonight... a guy a few seats down from me had a kind of fun idea that Area 55 needs to pick up on: T-Brough. Ha-ha.

Area 55, you guys were cracking' me up- you need to have a twitter feed with your chants so the rest of us not cool enough to be 55ers can get in on the fun
    The Twitter feed idea of chant suggestions was actually discussed at the PTO before the game. We may be seeing that coming down the pipeline sooner rather than later.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Exactly what Unclebuck said.. Having West out there reminded me of the JO days... just without the "black hole" aspect. The way everyone was talking about him, I expected a Troy Murphy kinda guy (high post, mid-range style power forward), but I saw a banger in there-- he was really going '03-era Artest out there. Loved seeing him get double-teamed and dishing it to Granger, Collison, etc. for a wide open shot. Beautiful.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersandIU For This Useful Post:

Another thing that is nice is to have so many post up players. West, Roy, Tyler, Granger, George, even Lance posted up once. We have not had that since the brawl. Our inside game opened up the three point game

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Another thing that is nice is to have so many post up players. West, Roy, Tyler, Granger, George, even Lance posted up once. We have not had that since the brawl. Our inside game opened up the three point game
    Sooo are you trying to say that JOB ball sucked?

When a player shoots 3-12 and you still look back at the game an hour later and think about all the ways he affected the game in a positive manner, it's a really good sign. Welcome to Indy D.West!
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jcouts For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Shots just weren't falling tonight. When West & Hansbrough start hitting their mid-range jumpers, which they for sure will, this team will be very, very good.

Atmosphere at Conseco, errr I mean Bankers Life, was great too. Area 55 was awesome, and everyone was pretty pumped. I can't wait to go back!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Love David West. I really like most of the players on this team. Without Posey, TJ, and Murphy I'm a happy damn camper.

Sitting on the floor and watching Paul George dunk in warm ups is a treat. The 360 windmill dunk was almost worth the price of admission before the game started.

I've been pretty hard on Lance but he looked much improved today. On that note, the score keeper stole one of Lance's assists and gave it to George Hill. I watched it show up under George Hill's number on the board up top even though Lance was clearly the passer.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

"The rebounding numbers are obviously why the score was lopsided. They played smash-mouth basketball and they were the better team tonight."
    -- Pistons coach Lawrence Frank

42 and 39 from Hibs, Hans, and West.

Someone please find this guy and get him a free lunch:

https://twitter.com/#!/brookeolzenda...30673587499008
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 12-27-2011 at 12:21 AM.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

What a game tonight. I was amazed how much DW affected the game even without the ball. Lance impressed me as well and I think he will do well this year as he gets more playing time. I thought PG was robbed a little bit with the refs tonight but overall I cannot complain. DC also seemed to be much better in running the team. I can't wait to see how Amundson and Pendegraph are able to contribute. Roy looked pretty good to me, and Tyler is still a beast.

RLeWorm

one thing that i'm seeing with David West in the post is when he spins off his man he is using the elbow to kind of pin the defender. Surprised it wasn't called. Did it a lot this game.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

JEM

Pass That

Nothing felt better than being home in Indy for the holidays and watching the Pacers dominate like the good old days with my dad. Really love the new identity of this team.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPreGame For This Useful Post:

The Pacers shot horribly tonight, but not to worry. Normally, the first regular season game would be their 9th game out, but with the abbreviated preseason it was only their 3rd game. The good thing about this situation is that we have many youthful players and other than West, we appear to be in good condition.

I figure that the team, as well as West (who played a very good game) will only improve and become more consistent.

What especially liked tonight is how well the ball was shared. Well, except for maybe one player. It never occurred before, but I really believe that Tyler is a shooting guard disguised as a power forward. He does exactly what you expect a shooting guard to do when he received the ball... he shoots it. The funny thing is, I can't say that Tyler took any horrible shots. You have to like his energy and aggression, especially around the rim.

Speaking of aggression, I hope that the perception that many had of DWest has been altered by tonight's game. He is NOT soft and takes advantage of any and all opportunities to draw contact near the rim. He goes after boards and tonight did an excellent job of keeping a few balls alive in his efforts to rebound.

Like someone said earlier, I am really looking forward to having Hibbert, West, Hansbrough and Foster working our front court. I'm also looking forward to seeing what role Amundson is expected to play because he is a similarly aggressive player. We may not have 4-5 top notch bigs, but we certainly will not lack in for activity and aggression.

At this time, the one player I'm a little concerned about in his role is Hill. He had several assists, didn't have many turnovers, but did bobble the ball 4-5 times. Against better defense, those bobbles might become turnovers.

But no worries. This was only the 3rd game out. And, as long as we beat teams we are supposed to beat and find ways to win some of the close games against the better competition, we will be okay.

what were the pace mates doing when they just stood there for one of their performances?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post: