Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit/Pacers postgame thread.

Banned

Default Detroit/Pacers postgame thread.

Good win, great game overall for most of our guys, can't wait until we start hitting those shots.

Go Pacers
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-26-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: post

I'm excited.

EDIT: I take it this is the post game thread?

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: post

Couldn't have had a much better first game. Good moments from everyone. Would have liked to have finished stronger in the fourth quarter, the offense got a little stagnant and the interior defense lulled. This will be an issue against teams with better penetrators and more skilled big men. But overall, couldn't be happier. Looking forward to the season more than I have in a while. I do think, if PG isn't in foul trouble and if the game is close, Hill plays over Collison for both offensive and defensive purposes.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Detroit/Pacers postgame thread.

Definite improvements from DG in the ball handling and playmaking departments.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

53 rebounds. We have 3 solid rebounders and haven't seen Foster, Pendergraph, and Admundson.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Don't look now, but with both Milwaukee and Cleveland losing, we are leading the Central

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't wait for Wednesday night.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Great win!!! Granted, it was against Detroit but we did what successful teams have to do: beat the teams that you are expected to beat. And we won soundly, with intense defense and killer REBOUNDING! When is the last time we had 3 guys with 10+ reb's? That is so impressive, and we didn't even play Foster. I'm telling you, our frontcourt of Hibbert/West/Hansbrough/Foster is going to kill other teams on the boards. Keep it up and bring home another W on Wednesday!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pables21 For This Useful Post:

Even though they didn't play well, the Pistons have more talent than I wanted to give them credit for. Probably a big guy away from challenging from a playoff spot though. Brandon Knight looks raw to me, but for his first game, being a YOUNG pg, can't expect too much from the kid.

We looked good. Smaller rotation than I was expecting, but it's not a complete surprise.

David West is really going to take the pressure off Roy and the other offensive players. No more double teaming of Roy or Danny.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Ack... computer ate my post.

Summary: Liked what I saw, hard to draw conclusions with a small sample size and poor opponent, really looking forward to Pacers basketball this year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

One of the best signs is that we won this game with balance...and Danny Granger didn't have to score 25 points.

Very good win, albeit against Detroit. (who are terrible..)

I liked seeing David West not being shy about contact. That's a good sign for where he's at mentally in the recovery. We'll see how he does against a bigger/better frontline, but contact is contact.

Tyler is Tyler and will always be Tyler. That's a very good thing.

Paul George, to me, he looked like the best Pacer player in the first half (for his limited minutes.) So much potential, if he just lives up to half of it he'll be a fantastic player. He needs to just get to the gym and shoot over and over again. Watching this kid grow is going to be, IMO, the best part of the season.

Hill, um he's a good defensive player. He makes Dahntay redundant. But for those who have seen him, is he a competent scorer? I can't tell whether he's in a rut or he can't shoot. I love the defense though.

DC, I actually didn't think he did too bad. He had some mental mistakes, and it's hard for a little guard to play against Stuckey, but overall I thought he was moving the ball around a lot more this game than last season. (Maybe that's Vogel some too)

Roy, good game statistically from Roy but, I dunno, he still seems funny to me. He needs to not get pushed around and take his time with the ball. He really should have dominated Detroit, and it seemed like, despite the good numbers and some good play, he didn't really dominate. Still a significant improvement from preseason.

Lance, I thought had his best game offensively since I've seen him in the pros. It's a good idea to post him up. Lance has a tendency to make a really boneheaded decision, and then fix it (Making a miracle type pass) He did that a few times today. It worked out for him, but IMO, it won't continue to work out for him as teams learn his style of play, so he'll have to learn how to not make the stupid decision. He also clearly can't guard point guards. I think Vogel's "few minutes in the second quarter" is a good middle ground between not playing him and giving him significant minutes.

Dahntay...I'm just going to continue to repeat to myself that he seems like he's a good teammate, and I like him.

Danny, I think we saw some good things with Danny tonight. The shot selection looked pretty good. (It looked good for everyone not named Tyler. I love Tyler.) He tried to take the ball inside a bit. I think people were a bit too hard on him. My issue is I'm not sure he knows how to play with PG right now, and I think that chemistry needs to develop.

Nice starting out the season with a coach I like too.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Since when did Tom Izzo become our head coach? We looked like a classic Michigan State team tonight.

George can't be dribbling the ball so damn high. It's like he was never taught how to handle a basketball growing up. Granger, like he always has, needs more arc on his shots, which is why he's always so inconsistent shooting the basketball. He shouldn't be shooting 18 times a game with this lineup. Loved the activity on the boards from the bigs and Paul George.

I like the fact the Pacers had 5 players in players in double figiures, 3 players with double doubles, but I'm concerned with 36.8 FG %. That % is not going to win many games. Granger was 6/18. This isn't pre-season anymore.

Love the win. It's a great way to start the season off, plus with a sellout home crowd.

Things won't be this easy this Saturday at the Place. Greg Monroe was never in the game do to fouls. Jerebko had a really nice game after being out for a year. Prince looked like another bad contract for Dumars to me.

On to Toronto, who won tonight as well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

How do you watch the broadband league pass for free? It won't let me

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't working for me in Firefox but was in Internet Explorer. It blacked out the Pacers game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Tyler is Tyler and will always be Tyler.
    I dunno - I hear he's thinking about changing his name to Metta World Domination.

Love dem rebounds.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but one thought went through my mind almost the entire game:

When Dahntay Jones is the guy you worry about bringing up the rear in terms of quality play, you realize we've turned the talent corner.

I thought every player tonight either looked like quality starters, role players, or improving young talent. Everyone (yes, even Jones) looked like they belonged on a NBA team. Rust and all.

I am *LOVING* what West has brought to this team so far. He just totally changes the complexity of the first team.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    You have to register and then you should be able to watch it.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/schedule/index.html

just got back from the game..... great vibe from all the fans.........really balanced offensive game and a very good defensive game..... great win!

Mood

Very encouraging. We didn't shoot well at all and still dominated for most of the game.

West looked great, albeit rusty in the shooting department, the guy just knows how to play.

Roy played great despite not shooting often, and rebounded like a beast, dominated Monroe.

Granger was crap at first, but had a nice second half.

I'm very optimistic about our season, we're good enough to where we can legitimately have an off-game and beat lesser teams simply because we are better than they are, it's been a while since we could say that.

Lets continue bringing it in Toronto on Wednesday!

OK, I'll say it. I never missed McBob in this game at all. West and Hans were good... real good. I'm impressed with West's play at Center.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I like the fact the Pacers had 5 players in players in double figiures, 3 players with double doubles, but I'm concerned with 36.8 FG %. That % is not going to win many games. Granger was 6/18. This isn't pre-season anymore.
    I think that is the most impressive aspect of this game for the Pacers. They dominated the game despite shooting poorly. Great teams have these kinds of off-nights in overall shooting but still manage to win, so this is more of a positive than negative. This shows that the Pacers tonight worked on other areas to win, like freethrow shooting numbers, playing better defense, and cleaning up the boards.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Very good win, albeit against Detroit. (who are terrible..)

I liked seeing David West not being shy about contact. That's a good sign for where he's at mentally in the recovery. We'll see how he does against a bigger/better frontline, but contact is contact.

Tyler is Tyler and will always be Tyler. That's a very good thing.

Paul George, to me, he looked like the best Pacer player in the first half (for his limited minutes.) So much potential, if he just lives up to half of it he'll be a fantastic player. He needs to just get to the gym and shoot over and over again. Watching this kid grow is going to be, IMO, the best part of the season.

Hill, um he's a good defensive player. He makes Dahntay redundant. But for those who have seen him, is he a competent scorer? I can't tell whether he's in a rut or he can't shoot. I love the defense though.

DC, I actually didn't think he did too bad. He had some mental mistakes, and it's hard for a little guard to play against Stuckey, but overall I thought he was moving the ball around a lot more this game than last season. (Maybe that's Vogel some too)

Roy, good game statistically from Roy but, I dunno, he still seems funny to me. He needs to not get pushed around and take his time with the ball. He really should have dominated Detroit, and it seemed like, despite the good numbers and some good play, he didn't really dominate. Still a significant improvement from preseason.

Lance, I thought had his best game offensively since I've seen him in the pros. It's a good idea to post him up. Lance has a tendency to make a really boneheaded decision, and then fix it (Making a miracle type pass) He did that a few times today. It worked out for him, but IMO, it won't continue to work out for him as teams learn his style of play, so he'll have to learn how to not make the stupid decision. He also clearly can't guard point guards. I think Vogel's "few minutes in the second quarter" is a good middle ground between not playing him and giving him significant minutes.

Dahntay...I'm just going to continue to repeat to myself that he seems like he's a good teammate, and I like him.

Danny, I think we saw some good things with Danny tonight. The shot selection looked pretty good. (It looked good for everyone not named Tyler. I love Tyler.) He tried to take the ball inside a bit. I think people were a bit too hard on him. My issue is I'm not sure he knows how to play with PG right now, and I think that chemistry needs to develop.

Nice starting out the season with a coach I like too.
    Not really Hill isnt a scorer he makes open shots and plays solid defense sometimes he will beat his man off the dribble but not much. Hill played like himself tonight he just missed his shots.

That was one of the most one sided rebounding games I have ever seen.

Only grip is PG24 when you have Ben Gordon on you post his *** up every time down.

Loved Lances effort on defense this is the hardest I have seen on that end going back to his HS games. I though he made a great move when he got called for a charge. He defiantly needs to add a floater to his game so he doesn't get so many charges.

Though everyone who played was good tonight loved the effort.

On another note I sat next to a guy who works for the NBA his job is to judge the refs and be the uniform police it was interesting talking to the guy.