Thread: ESPN Power Rankings - Pacers #13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default ESPN Power Rankings - Pacers #13

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings...on/2012/week/0

The Pacers signed a marquee free agent at a bargain price in D-West and could choose to shop Granger if they really want to shake things up with P-George in place. I'd have 'em in the East's top four had they landed Jamal Crawford or O.J. Mayo, too.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ESPN Power Rankings - Pacers #13

Idk, I'm not sold yet.

I'd love to see them live up to a top 4-5 team in the East, but some players really need to step up. Hibbert can't play soft, Collison has to actually get players involved, and George needs to realize that he can't defer to other players all the time. Other concerns are how West will recover from his injury and if Granger will stop chucking. Granger was such a dangerous player before that started, I loved his game, now I cringe watching him play.

Pacers have some talent. They also have a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully they are up for the challenge.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Idk, I'm not sold yet.

I'd love to see them live up to a top 4-5 team in the East, but some players really need to step up. Hibbert can't play soft, Collison has to actually get players involved, and George needs to realize that he can't defer to other players all the time. Other concerns are how West will recover from his injury and if Granger will stop chucking. Granger was such a dangerous player before that started, I loved his game, now I cringe watching him play.

Pacers have some talent. They also have a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully they are up for the challenge.
    Well said. Should be an interesting season as there are so many unanswered questions at this point.

I'm not worried about the coaching.

I think Frank will really push these guys to mesh well with each other.

With that said, these guys can't play 24 minutes instead of 48.

Overall, I think we'll have a very good season.

Though, it really comes down to Roy and his ability to play as a dominant center each game. He can do it and he's done it multiple times in the past. When he's playing as a dominant center, we can beat anyone and we have. I don't know why he plays so nervous. At 7-2 and the strength he added, he should be much more comfortable and hopefully score, rebound, and block more shots.

There's no room for chicken ****.

BTW, I'm so ****ing pissed we did not get O.J. Mayo for a second time.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    Though, it really comes down to Roy and his ability to play as a dominant center each game. He can do it and he's done it multiple times in the past. When he's playing as a dominant center, we can beat anyone and we have. I don't know why he plays so nervous. At 7-2 and the strength he added, he should be much more comfortable and hopefully score, rebound, and block more shots.:
    Totally agree! Roy has to step up and be that solid CONSISTENT inside presence!

Rise up Pacer Nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Idk, I'm not sold yet.

Roy has to channel that inner beast mode. That's one of those things that can't be taught, you either have it or you don't.

This bears repeating for me...

After watching some more YouTube videos (YouTube is the devil!), I STRONGLY believe Tyler WILL be the difference maker for us to beat Chicago. Chicago is the ONLY team that can match us at all positions and depth.

I'm calling it now...Chicago (#1 seed) and Indiana (6th or 7th seed) will be in the Eastern Conference Finals.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This bears repeating for me...

After watching some more YouTube videos (YouTube is the devil!), I STRONGLY believe Tyler WILL be the difference maker for us to beat Chicago. Chicago is the ONLY team that can match us at all positions and depth.

I'm calling it now...Chicago (#1 seed) and Indiana (6th or 7th seed) will be in the Eastern Conference Finals.
    I agree with your assessment except for one little thing....the Miami Heat. In the playoffs, I just don't see the Pacers getting past them unless Roy has a huge series.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    I agree with your assessment except for one little thing....the Miami Heat. In the playoffs, I just don't see the Pacers getting past them unless Roy has a huge series.
    With the way this team can believe in themselves against Miami due to Frank Vogel, we could all be surprised. Depth and defense could prove to be too much for the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    With the way this team can believe in themselves against Miami due to Frank Vogel, we could all be surprised. Depth and defense could prove to be too much for the Heat.
    Depth and defense were not a problem for the Heat when they beat the Bulls last year in the playoffs. Besides that, the Pacers could put PG on Wade and certainly slow him down, but who is going to stop LeBron? Since 2009, he's averaging almost 35ppg against the Pacers. Danny's only hope is it's a shootout and he's feeling it.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Depth and defense were not a problem for the Heat when they beat the Bulls last year in the playoffs. Besides that, the Pacers could put PG on Wade and certainly slow him down, but who is going to stop LeBron? Since 2009, he's averaging almost 35ppg against the Pacers. Danny's only hope is it's a shootout and he's feeling it.
    We played pretty good against them last year with an inferior team. That's the beauty of a team game. LeBron can get 35 and still lose. Even Wade and LeBron can each get 35 and lose.

We're a much better team than last year with David West and George Hill. We only have to lock down either Wade or Lebron. Chris Bosh will be a non-factor, since we can throw West and Hansbrough at him. There shouldn't be any reason why Hibbert would be unable to average a double-double against the likes of Eddy Curry and Joel Anthony.