Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: opening night festivities

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default opening night festivities

    Are there any pregame festivities scheduled for opening night? IE a concert outside, etc????

  2. #2
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Yeah the PTO is meeting for our pre game tailgate in the blue crew lot on Penn. Ave next to arbys! 5 oclock
    And if it is music you are after El Pacero does some mean madonna covers.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    PTO? I'll be there for the tailgate though
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  5. #4
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Pacers Tailgating Orgization we tailgate every game We are on facebook and twitter @pacersTO. It is a lot of fun. Last year We had some pretty good turnouts. For the playoffs RomingGnome and Bills Even showed up on a Scooter wearing A$$less chaps!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers Tailgating Orgization we tailgate every game We are on facebook and twitter @pacersTO. It is a lot of fun. Last year We had some pretty good turnouts. For the playoffs RomingGnome and Bills Even showed up on a Scooter wearing A$$less chaps!
    That sounds horrible, but thanks for the mental image........

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,190

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers Tailgating Orgization we tailgate every game We are on facebook and twitter @pacersTO. It is a lot of fun. Last year We had some pretty good turnouts. For the playoffs RomingGnome and Bills Even showed up on a Scooter wearing A$$less chaps!
    I think you are confusing us with Seth and Duke...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  11. #7

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    There won't be any pregame concerts outside this year. The combo of the weather and shortened lead-up made it tough. However, we will have a festive environment pregame, so come down early.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Quote Originally Posted by RobfromPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There won't be any pregame concerts outside this year. The combo of the weather and shortened lead-up made it tough. However, we will have a festive environment pregame, so come down early.
    Rob, any specific times the doors will open for the first game?

    I'll try to convince Mrs. RWB we need to check out the PTO guys and gals. One of my best memories was an opening game event (93?). Mrs. RWB and I arrived early for some festivities in the market and set a long time in the best seats we could get waiting for a Pacers event. Basically it was Duke Tomatoe and the PaceMates doing their thing.

    Anyway we really did wait for a long time and right when the show was begining some idiot stood right in front of our table where she couldn't see and it appeared he had a few friends with him. A bunch of people would come up to him shake hands, chat for a second, and then leave.

    Don't ever, ever, tick off Mrs. RWB and get between her and her PAcer event. She starts letting him have it for being inconsiderate, he needed to move, and needed to find a seat like everyone else who spent their time waiting for this.

    It all came out before I got a chance to say babe don't do it..... My lovely wife but crazy Pacer fan just embarrassed the living daylights out of then Indianapolis mayor Stephen Goldsmith..... When I explained who he was (were not from Indy) she didn't care. All she knew is we traveled about 90 miles one way to see our beloved team and no one, but no one will ruin our festivities.

    He looked dumbfounded and the little entourage surrounding him just smiled (Indiana State Police Officers) and moved away from this nut.

    God l'm lucky and love that woman. Most people think it's just men that are so passionate about the Pacers.... not even close... just annoy Mrs. RWB, Lisa Gnome, or Mrs. Bill and you'll get an ear full if you hammer the blue and gold.
    Last edited by RWB; 12-24-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It all came out before I got a chance to say babe don't do it..... My lovely wife but crazy Pacer fan just embarrassed the living daylights out of then Indianapolis mayor Stephen Goldsmith..... When I explained who he was (were not from Indy) she didn't care. All she knew is we traveled about 90 miles one way to see our beloved team and no one, but no one will ruin our festivities.
    I'm friends with his daughter. I'm going to ask her to see if he remembers that the next time I talk to her.

  16. #10
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm friends with his daughter. I'm going to ask her to see if he remembers that the next time I talk to her.
    Would be pretty funny if he remembers. He might if he wasn't heckled too much during his administration.

    Key questions.... a blonde, an angry woman, Pacers, at (I can't remember what the official name for the market was)? It was on the 2nd floor and Duke T was the main event with the Pacemates dancing along.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  17. #11
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Will there be a fire in a barrel for those of us who grew accustomed to Florida weather? Maybe I can keep warm by wearing my Fred Jones jersey over my multiple Reggie jerseys, over my McRoberts T-shirt, over my Fan Jam T-shirt, over my College Day T-shirt. That should be enough layers, right?

    So I just bought my section 1/row 22/seat 15 ticket for Monday's game! I'm ecstatic and can't wait to see all the PTO/PDers in a couple days! Should be a ton of fun, and a great way to celebrate my birthday early!
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  18. #12

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    That's a great story. Doors open at 6pm. We'll have music playing before doors, but I wouldnt expect the same movement before doors as past years because we won't have a to of plaza (outdoor) entertainment, so most will be waiting inside.

    I'll make sure to tell the mayor to stay out of your wife's way.

  19. #13
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Cant wait for Monday! I havent been to a Pacer game in a while, and opening night is a perfect way for me to come back. If I cant talk my friends into going tailgating we will be there. God knows we are probably going to be drinking in the parking lot when we get there anyways
    I Bleed Blue

  20. #14
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    This is the lot across Pennsylvania from Conseco and on the north of South, correct?


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #15
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Talking Re: opening night festivities



  22. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  23. #16

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Hey, you guys are great, i was in town from ATL and gave you a holler as my wife/daughters and i walked to the game... awesome and someday i hope to join you...! hey, did anyone get home and realize they COULD have collected prizes from the kroger cards??? i am home now in hampton, GA and just "scratched" the cards we got and read that i needed to redeem during game last night! could have won pacers souvineers AND tickets!! i understand it is too late to get any concession prizes, but i wonder if any way to redeem the others??
    anyone know?

  24. #17
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: opening night festivities

    Quote Originally Posted by threein73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, you guys are great, i was in town from ATL and gave you a holler as my wife/daughters and i walked to the game... awesome and someday i hope to join you...! hey, did anyone get home and realize they COULD have collected prizes from the kroger cards??? i am home now in hampton, GA and just "scratched" the cards we got and read that i needed to redeem during game last night! could have won pacers souvineers AND tickets!! i understand it is too late to get any concession prizes, but i wonder if any way to redeem the others??
    anyone know?
    I would assume you could redeem the prizes at the kiosk just right of the mail entrance. I did not read the card so I don't know if there was a date. I would still assume they would honor it.

Similar Threads

  1. Keith Olbermann off of NBC's Football Night in America
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
  2. The Wolf Game 20X6: NO NIGHT ONLY END OF GAME
    By Pig Nash in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 943
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
  3. NFL Network will rebroadcast Super Bowl III on Saturday Night
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
  4. Odd thoughts from an odd season....
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 02:10 PM
  5. Are you a bigger Pacers fan after Friday night
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •