Danny Granger
    Darren Collison
    Dahntay Jones
    2012 1st Rd Pick
    Maybe 2013 2nd Rd Pick

Trade accepted via ESPN Trade Machine.

Default Re: IND/BOS - Rondo/Granger

NO WAY
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Not a fan at all.

Wish we could trade Collison and our first for Jrue Holiday. That's the guy I wanted in the draft instead of Hans.

*drool* Jrue Holiday and PG backcourt would be *****ing awesome.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Maybe I am missing it but this looks like a good trade...

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Your trade is basically Granger, Collison, 2012 1st and maybe a 2013 2nd for Rondo....that's terrible. Rondo is not CP3 and Rondo is way overvalued for the fact he plays in Boston with 3 future Hall of Famers!

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Not sure why you guys don't think this trade is good for the Pacers. There's no way Boston would accept it. Can't see Danny or Paul Pierce playing the 2.

On our side?

Rondo
    Allen
    Paul George
    West
    Hibbert

with George Hill, Hansbrough, and the gang off the bench...sick. Would need a backup 3, but whatever. Even if Ray Allen is a rental, Rondo has one of the better contracts in the league and is locked up the next four seasons. Would save a lot of salary in the long run since we eventually have to pay DC and Danny makes more than Rondo.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure why you guys don't think this trade is good for the Pacers. There's no way Boston would accept it. Can't see Danny or Paul Pierce playing the 2.

On our side?

Rondo
    Allen
    Paul George
    West
    Hibbert

with George Hill, Hansbrough, and the gang off the bench...sick. Would need a backup 3, but whatever. Even if Ray Allen is a rental, Rondo has one of the better contracts in the league and is locked up the next four seasons. Would save a lot of salary in the long run since we eventually have to pay DC and Danny makes more than Rondo.
    How is this good?
    After 1 year Allen leaves and you have 2 potential holes: at SG, and maybe at SF as well. Paul George didn't prove yet he's capable of being a starter in this league.
    When you're a young team you need consistency. You can't just shake the whole lineup for 1 player when he isn't even a superstar. Not to mention that in my opinion this starting 5 isn't really balanced (who's going to score?)

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I must think more of Paul George than you do. I think he could put up 15 a game this season, especially if he was getting Danny's touches. 20+ in the future.

I think this trade is quite unlikely, so there's not much point in breaking down the lineup, but there's easily enough scoring. Rondo distributes and can get 10 a game, Ray Allen knocks down open 3's from Roy or David West, who both could average 15/game if they work well together. There's PG, who we already talked about. Tyler's a scorer off the bench.

It should be mentioned that Rondo/George Hill/Paul George would be one of the best defensive trios in the league.