Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kawhi Leonard Hits The Game Winner For The Spurs

Default Kawhi Leonard Hits The Game Winner For The Spurs

Bad news pacer fans. The guy we traded for George Hill in the off season hit the game winner tonight vs. the Rockets. With about 5 seconds left in the game, Leonard caught the ball near the left side of the perimeter, used a couple of fancy little dribbling moves to get himself some space for a release, and nailed a jumper that put the Spurs ahead by 2 points with 2 seconds remaining.

I assume the Rockets didn't have any timeouts because they decided to just inbound it after the made shot, and missed their final attempt at the buzzer to win the game.

The good news? Well, he only had 3 points and 3 rebounds on 1-6 shooting in a total of 21 minutes.

There was a long list of games tonight, and I only watched one, so I decided to zip through the highlights to see how every team was doing. When I saw the end of the Spurs vs Rockets highlights, I had to rewind a couple times as I couldn't believe my eyes, and also checked his player profile to see what number he wore. Yup, good old #2. Just our luck right?

Here's a link to the highlights of the game: http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs..._sas_recap.nba

Hopefully we don't keep seeing good things from this guy.
    Last edited by ThatPacerFan; 12-22-2011 at 01:39 AM.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatPacerFan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard Hits The Game Winner For The Spurs

I think George Hill will be just fine. It might take some time for him to fit into the rotation & get used to the new system, same with West IMO. I think both will definitely benefit the Pacers come playoff time, ....
    What Lebron James should've said after the loss to the Mavs!
    What should I do? Should I admit Id made mistakes? Should I remind you Ive done this before? What should I do? Should I just sell shoes?

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kawhi Leonard isn't a member of the Indiana Pacers, thus how he performs has no bearing on our team's success, bar the rare game where he's on the opposing team.

Would it sting if Leonard defied the odds and went on to have a superior career to George Hill? Maybe a little bit, but I'm sure most would get over it in a hurry.

By the way, Real-GM-Troll-Pretending-To-Be-A-Pacers-Fan: We've all already been through this with Jerryd Bayless three years ago. We were told he was a future superstar after his stellar summer league performance his rookie season, and that we'd rue the day we traded away his draft rights. Leonard's not looked anywhere near as good as Bayless once did (in fact, Leonard looks terrible), so if you think we're sweating trading him, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kawhi Leonard isn't a member of the Indiana Pacers, thus how he performs has no bearing on our team's success, bar the rare game where he's on the opposing team.

Would it sting if Leonard defied the odds and went on to have a superior career to George Hill? Maybe a little bit, but I'm sure most would get over it in a hurry.

By the way, Real-GM-Troll-Pretending-To-Be-A-Pacers-Fan: We've all already been through this with Jerryd Bayless three years ago. We were told he was a future superstar after his stellar summer league performance his rookie season, and that we'd rue the day we traded away his draft rights. Leonard's not looked anywhere near as good as Bayless once did (in fact, Leonard looks terrible), so if you think we're sweating trading him, think again.
    First of all, there was no summer league, and there's barely any preseason games, so how in the hell have you seen him play? Where are you getting this perception that he's "terrible"?

By the way I don't appreciate being called a troll, especially when you don't even know me. I've been a pacer fan since '98 during that series where we were the only team to take the Bulls to 7 games and almost beat them.

I've also lived in Indiana my entire life, so I don't know what you're on about.

I'm not trying to troll, it's just when I saw it was Kawhi Leonard, out of all the freaking players on the spurs team, I was shocked. I literally face palmed in real life. In fact, my face is all red now because of how hard I face palmed.

If you have nothing nice to say, please don't respond to my threads.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatPacerFan For This Useful Post:

I don't give 2 bloody boogers about Kawhi Leonard to be honest.. lol

and for the record...that has nothing to do with this thread or you making it o.p

He is not a Pacer so.......................................
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

If you're not a troll then you might want to contribute something other than "I'm a huge Pacers fan, but woe is (are?) Pacers. Did I mention I love the Pacers, despite their inability to be awesome? Go Pacers!"

We've seen it before.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judicata For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not like the guy dominated the game from the start and filled up the scoring column all night. It was his only bucket of the game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't see any trolling at all here, just a guy posting that Leonard hit that shot. Like it or not Leondard will be constantly monitored by a lot of Pacer fans just to see if we made the correct deal. Has nothing to do with being a troll unless you take it to the next level ex: JarrettJackSF.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Who would Leonard have played ahead of on the Pacers? Granger? George?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Who would Leonard have played ahead of on the Pacers? Granger? George?
    dahntay probably. leonard would have been a rotation player, but hill is both a better player and a better fit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Big freakin deal SA in notorious for a lot of different guys taking the last shot

Mood

All this guy did was throw up a shot. One shot. Anyone can do that. It just happened to be that guy. No one should be shocked, surprised or anything.

For that one shot to be turned into an "OMG WE MADE A BAD DEAL" situation is totally off the wall. For one, it's preseason. Secondly, he was what, 1 for 6? That one shot was the one that went in. Big frackin' deal.

If all you wanted to do was tell us that he made a game-winning shot for San Antonio, you shouldn't have started out the thread with the sentence,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPacerFan View Post
    Bad news pacer fans. The guy we traded for George Hill in the off season hit the game winner tonight vs. the Rockets.
    And ended the post with this,

Hopefully we don't keep seeing good things from this guy.

Whoop de dooo!
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 12-22-2011 at 09:00 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

I don't care

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I didn't see any trolling at all here, just a guy posting that Leonard hit that shot. Like it or not Leondard will be constantly monitored by a lot of Pacer fans just to see if we made the correct deal. Has nothing to do with being a troll unless you take it to the next level ex: JarrettJackSF.
    Yea thanks for understanding. I will be monitoring Kawhi Leonard believe it or not. And yes he probably would of played over Dahntay. His defensive skills are impressive, but his ability to create space for his own shot is what surprised me on that last possession. He made it look easy.
    -Larry Bird

wow, it elevated his team way up there in the preseason standings

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Even a blind dog finds a fire hydrant.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Don't look too deeply at Kawhi Leonard, Pop will get every ounce of basketball-ability out of him. Pop can get so much out of so little, and it's scary.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

The guy posted a valid topic that will be interesting to many posters here. I hadn't seen the highlight, hadn't heard about the shot, and found it an interesting note. I think he cautioned that the shot was part of an overall bad night for Leonard, and I think comparisons between Hill's and Leonard's production are valid, considering it was one of the major offseason moves for the franchise.

Just because he is a new member or you might disagree, or even worse, need to take up opinion space about how you do "not care" does not mean the poster should be personally attacked.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MTM For This Useful Post:

Good for Leonard. That's gotta be a great feeling for a rookie to start his career like that. Has absolutely no meaning in the long term and we won't know until far in the future whether the trade was a success or failure and anyone who tells you otherwise isn't thinking rationally or critically and probably knows nothing about basketball, but it's nice for him regardless.

By the way I may of exaggerated the final moments of that play on accident. I was tired last night and wasn't seeing straight.

He really didn't pull off any sweet moves, just caught the ball and stepped back to shoot a jumper over a smaller defender. But I liked his stroke. And he made the shot with 5 seconds left not 2.
    -Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I didn't see any trolling at all here, just a guy posting that Leonard hit that shot.
    I think it's an accumulating effect. Go through his post history if you have time. It's only a few day old account, won't take long. Saying how we're terrible and going to have a top 5 pick in the draft because we're so terrible. Adding how he's not even going to watch Pacers games because we're so bad, but apparently watches Spurs games.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

It's a legit thread. I'd have started it myself if I'd seen the highlight.

That said, judicata's description's been pretty accurate so far.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I think it's an accumulating effect. Go through his post history if you have time. It's only a few day old account, won't take long. Saying how we're terrible and going to have a top 5 pick in the draft because we're so terrible. Adding how he's not even going to watch Pacers games because we're so bad, but apparently watches Spurs games.
    Like I said in my first post, I found out about the shot while watching highlights from all the games last night.

Some of the stuff I said about the Pacers was probably pure raw emotion after seeing us lose twice in a row to the team I hate the most. I take back some of the stuff I said, but not all of it.
    -Larry Bird

Some of the stuff I said about the Pacers was probably pure raw emotion after seeing us lose twice in a row to the team I hate the most. I take back some of the stuff I said, but not all of it.
    Yeah, I understand that. Although I don't hate the Bulls nearly as much as the Pistons and even the Knicks. Or Miami. Or the Lakers. So the Bulls are probably fifth, at best.

Although it will definitely get easier to hate the Bulls now that they have Rip.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

We don't have room for Leonard anyways... West, Hans have PF pretty well covered. And we already have too much talent at SF, hence (Paul) George starting at SG.

We need Hill much more.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 12-22-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Which George? :)