Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

  1. #1
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Hey guys. Word around town is that Paul George has some interest in joining the dunk contest this season. I along with others think he has a great chance at winning.

    With the help of numerous pacers fans here, I'm sure we can create a buzz for him. We just have to work together. Every contribution is welcome, even if it's only minor. Please show your support by ATLEAST liking his official Facebook dunk contest fan page. Try contributing in any way you can! The url is http://www.facebook.com/LetPGFly

    If you want to do more, make sure to tweet about it, using hashtag "#LetPGFly", or post on your facebook wall, tell friends about it, etc. This would be a great opportunity for Paul and the Pacers to gain some national attention.

    Let PG Fly!!!!!!

    *Also a side note in case you were wondering, I'm not the owner of that fan page. It's run by a freelance sports photographer named "Cassy Athena". Google her if you like.
    Last edited by ThatPacerFan; 12-20-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  2. #2
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    I am certain Josh McRoberts will have an opportunity to participate now that he is a Laker. As for Paul George, I think that he would have a shot. Maybe Darren Collison could drive in a compact car, and Paul George could jump over the hood. Then Paul could dunk it with two hands and have the most overrated finish of all time.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Wait, that's been done before?

  5. #4
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am certain Josh McRoberts will have an opportunity to participate now that he is a Laker. As for Paul George, I think that he would have a shot. Maybe Darren Collison could drive in a compact car, and Paul George could jump over the hood. Then Paul could dunk it with two hands and have the most overrated finish of all time.
    If you ask me I'd say he could actually dunk over the entire car.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    I despise the dunk contest. I'd rather watch "Beaches" 500x's in a row than watch that junk.

  7. #6
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I despise the dunk contest. I'd rather watch "Beaches" 500x's in a row than watch that junk.
    Understandable, but would you watch it if Paul George entered the contest? I'd say the national attention would do us some good; he has a great chance of at least being considered for a spot seeing as how he made headlines with plenty of media sources after word got out that he grew 2 inches during the lockout
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Understandable, but would you watch it if Paul George entered the contest? I'd say the national attention would do us some good; he has a great chance of at least being considered for a spot seeing as how he made headlines with plenty of media sources after word got out that he grew 2 inches during the lockout

    Honestly, I wouldn't. I think it's an extremely overrated/overhyped competition and I would rather our players not participate in it but that's just me.

  9. #8
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Dunk contests have lost their excitement for me as well... I mean come on, the dunks that get the most praise are stupid, "creative" dunks... As mentioned, that one that Griffin did was so lame.. He jumped over the lowest part of the car, with a lame two handed finish.. That was the big dunk last year?

    I rather see the old stuff Jordan, Dominique and Dr. J did.. Who needs this soft new "creative" stuff? Last couple years have been weak.

    More recently, I did enjoy watching Fred Jones win it, as well as when J-Rich dominated the competition... Nate Robinson was cool too and D Howard shows raw power.

  10. #9
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunk contests have lost their excitement for me as well... I mean come on, the dunks that get the most praise are stupid, "creative" dunks... As mentioned, that one that Griffin did was so lame.. He jumped over the lowest part of the car, with a lame two handed finish.. That was the big dunk last year?

    I rather see the old stuff Jordan, Dominique and Dr. J did.. Who needs this soft new "creative" stuff? Last couple years have been weak.

    More recently, I did enjoy watching Fred Jones win it, as well as when J-Rich dominated the competition... Nate Robinson was cool too and D Howard shows raw power.
    Blake Griffin was over-hyped last year because of how horrible the contest was back in 2010. So many fans were disappointed that Lebron didn't enter the contest, and to top it all off, the contest sucked overall, with only about 1 or 2 DECENT eye opening dunks. The 2010 dunk contest was arguably one of the worst of all time. So the league got together this year in an attempt to make the 2011 contest much better by brainstorming and coming up with new ideas(each player had a dunking coach for example).

    And yes I agree that Blake Griffin WAS indeed a fluke and the final dunk he did is something about 90% of the players in the NBA could do. I however have to disagree with you on the fact that the contests have lost their excitement. Dunk contests will NEVER lose their excitement. It's safe to say a million other fans would agree with me.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatPacerFan For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Last year would've been 10X better if they would've taken Kenny Smith's microphone away during that Blake Griffin final dunk. I like Kenny a lot on TNT, but MAN he was obnoxious during that dunk contest.

  13. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    "Paul, are you going to be in the dunk contest this year?" -Me
    "I'm trying my best to" -Paul George
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year would've been 10X better if they would've taken Kenny Smith's microphone away during that Blake Griffin final dunk. I like Kenny a lot on TNT, but MAN he was obnoxious during that dunk contest.
    LOL. He was looking so stupid when Blake kept missing his attempts.

    "HE JUMPED TOO HIGH THAT TIME!"
    "OK THIS IS THE ONE I SWEAR, HE'S GOT IT THIS TIME"
    "THERE'S THE PASS, HERE IT COMES!"

    Kenny "egghead" Smith is obnoxious, that's for sure.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  16. #13
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,067

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    I don't usually care for the contest much, but I thought it was pretty good last year, sans Griffin.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey guys. Word around town is that Paul George has some interest in joining the dunk contest this season. I along with others think he has a great chance at winning.

    With the help of numerous pacers fans here, I'm sure we can create a buzz for him. We just have to work together. Every contribution is welcome, even if it's only minor. Please show your support by ATLEAST liking his official Facebook dunk contest fan page. Try contributing in any way you can! The url is http://www.facebook.com/LetPGFly

    If you want to do more, make sure to tweet about it, using hashtag "#LetPGFly", or post on your facebook wall, tell friends about it, etc. This would be a great opportunity for Paul and the Pacers to gain some national attention.

    Let PG Fly!!!!!!

    *Also a side note in case you were wondering, I'm not the owner of that fan page. It's run by a freelance sports photographer named "Cassy Athena". Google her if you like.
    http://smitshappens.com/kyle-brumbac...eo-let-pg-fly/

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Doesn't getting him in the dunk contest require sending him to play for LA or something like that?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    I SO WANT PAUL GEORGE IN THE 2012 DUNK CONTEST!

    Quote Originally Posted by @teamflightbros
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We gotta get @King24George in a Dunk Session to get him in the Dunk Contest! #TFBAPPROVED
    I know I've talked about Team Flight Brothers before. They took NOH's Terrico White into a dunk session and showed off his skills. I think it's incredible they want to get King George in there to show off his skills. I couldn't be more excited; I'm the world's biggest TFB/dunk fan, they're the best non-league dunkers in the world, and they want PG to work with them! That's a good sign.

    Terrico:
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  23. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't getting him in the dunk contest require sending him to play for LA or something like that?
    That's how Fred Jones got in...oh wait.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't getting him in the dunk contest require sending him to play for LA or something like that?
    I guarantee you, since the word got out that he grew 2 inches over the summer, people are going to be begging for him to be in the contest. He's starting to draw buzz like crazy around the league.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  27. #19
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,067

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    King24George Paul George
    Send me pics with #LetPgFly and I'll post them on my fan page!

    https://twitter.com/#!/King24George/...10225340198913

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    King24George Paul George
    Send me pics with #LetPgFly and I'll post them on my fan page!

    https://twitter.com/#!/King24George/...10225340198913
    Lol!!! That's so awesome. I guess it's really true then, he wants to be in the contest
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatPacerFan For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    Does anyone know how the NBA decides which players are picked/nominated for the dunk contest?
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

  32. #22
    Member ThatPacerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Support Paul George For The 2012 Dunk Contest!

    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  2. Paul George Honored | All Rookie Second Team
    By 1984 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 12:01 AM
  3. Shear Sports Podcasts: Paul George Interview
    By GetBuckets in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 03:33 PM
  4. Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul
    By Skaut_Ech in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM
  5. Chris Paul demands trade
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •