Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You can't call it Conseco much longer...It is now..... Bankers Life Fieldhouse

Default Re: You can't call it Conseco much longer... Press Conference at 10:30am Thursday

I'll probably pronounce CNO like this...

CoNsecO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: You can't call it Conseco much longer... Press Conference at 10:30am Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speak for yourself... I was never able to fully stop calling it "The Hoosier Dome", although I did try. Likewise, I still catching myself saying "Deer Creek" instead of "Verizon Wireless."
    It will always be Deer Creek to me. Verizon Wireless just sounds stupid.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gilpdawg For This Useful Post:

C N O Financial Fieldhouse... God, that's like 8 syllables. What a horrible name.

I get that the team needs sponsors, but I still hate it. I have always just called it the Fieldhouse.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 12-21-2011 at 04:08 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

These corporate sponsor names make me sick to my stomach.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:

I think if it goes with CNO Fieldhouse it will be okay. People will just call it either CNO or 'the Fieldhouse'.

Just don't make it as bad as the 'Time Warner Cable Arena'.

To me what made the name Conseco acceptable was because it wasn't obvious, like some arenas. If you were weren't familiar with typical naming practices it wouldn't be that far of a stretch to think it was named after someone important. If it is CNO or Conseco Financial I would hate it. It would be like calling Wrigley Field Wrigly Gum Field.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess it will be pronounced See-en-ohh Fieldhouse ?

most will probably pronounce it as "see-no" Fieldhouse

...yeah ill just refer to it as Conseco Fieldhouse
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just call it "The Fieldhouse".

Who knows, maybe CNO will give 2K the rights to use the name in the game and not "Pacers Arena".

I also noticed that the United Center changed its colors to blue. I know Continental bought them so maybe they'll change the name in the near future.

EDIT: Like Duke, I noticed the CONSECO FIELDHOUSE in green on the court looked less bold, but I didn't think anything was different. Maybe they just wanted to change the font. For the Fever games, it was still the same bold.
    Last edited by Trophy; 12-21-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    EDIT: Like Duke, I noticed the CONSECO FIELDHOUSE in green on the court looked less bold, but I didn't think anything was different. Maybe they just wanted to change the font. For the Fever games, it was still the same bold.
    It wasn't the text. It was the hardwood tile around it. It was discolored and didn't match the rest of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    It wasn't the text. It was the hardwood tile around it. It was discolored and didn't match the rest of the floor.
    I knew something was different, but I couldn't figure out what.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I just call it "The Fieldhouse".

Who knows, maybe CNO will give 2K the rights to use the name in the game and not "Pacers Arena".

I also noticed that the United Center changed its colors to blue. I know Continental bought them so maybe they'll change the name in the near future.

I wish they would just call it "The Fieldhouse" and then just tag their CNO crap everwhere.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine them doing much to change all the signs right now or during the season.

I hope they keep everything the same as far as the signs go.

Maybe for now, they'll just turn the lights off in O, S, E, and C and just have the letters C, N, O turned on.

It's unfortunate the name is being changed.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

A very good article regarding the sign changes and the CIB will not be paying for it as they shouldn't. I guess CNO has it covered...literally.

It's kind of sad, but it's still the home of the Pacers and a great place and the same building and that's all what matters. Still as great as the day it opened.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30037531/detail.html
    INDIANAPOLIS -- A new name could soon be atop Conseco Fieldhouse in downtown Indianapolis more than a year after the namesake company rebranded itself.

When the Carmel-based insurance company announced its new name of CNO Financial Group in March 2010, it said executives had started talks with the Pacers about renaming the arena that opened in 1999.

A CNO spokesman in Chicago confirmed to RTV6 that a news conference would be held Thursday to discuss the issue of the fieldhouse's name. The Pacers said a news conference would be held at 10:30 a.m.

A black banner was spotted hanging over the arena name on the Pennsylvania Street side.

CNO began phasing out use of the Conseco name after it went into a $61 billion bankruptcy reorganization in 2002.

The company is in the 13th year of a $40 million, 20-year naming-rights deal for the fieldhouse.

Capital Improvement Board spokesman Robert Vane stressed the CIB would not have to pick up the costs of changing signs to reflect the new name.

As for the quadrant signs directing visitors to downtown attractions, Downtown Indianapolis Inc. owns them and will pay for them.

Butler marketing professor Dan McQuiston said renaming now will be an advantage to CNO Financial, since all the Super Bowl visitors coming to Indianapolis will have a great chance to know the company's new name.

"There's an advantage to that, because you're going to have a lot of people here all at once and they're going to be able to get their new name out to a fair amount of people in a fairly short period of time, which they wouldn't have had that opportunity before," he said.

Conseco bought the fieldhouse naming rights in 1998. The fieldhouse opened in November 1999, replacing Market Square Arena.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 12-21-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    I can't imagine them doing much to change all the signs right now or during the season.

I hope they keep everything the same as far as the signs go.

Maybe for now, they'll just turn the lights off in O, S, E, and C and just have the letters C, N, O turned on.

It's unfortunate the name is being changed.
    http://twitter.com/#!/MRat731/status/149580928883236865
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    In that article I posted, they've began covering everything.

I'll swing past the Fieldhouse tomorrow to see it in person. By then, the sheets will be taken off.

I'm sure they'll tweak the vertical sign on Pennsylvania and not actually replace the whole thing. That's make no sense.

I wonder if they already changed the text on the roof.

Mood

I'm not that worried about this. Will probably just call it the Fieldhouse, though I tend to do that now already. Just be glad there's not sponsorships on the jerseys. Anything less than that, I'm perfectly fine with.

You think you have it bad, the football stadium in Miami changes its name every year or so

Originally it was called
    Dolphins Stadium,
    then Joe Robbie Stadium
    then Pro Player Stadium
    then Pro Player Park
    then Dolphin Stadium
    then Dolphins Stadium (again)- changing all the signage to add an "s"!
    then Land Shark Stadium
    then Sun Life Stadium

and now something else, since the Sun Life company is leaving the US.

I can't help but think of the movie BASEketball with Preparation H Arena and Maxi Tampon Stadium. Too bad none of those companies bought the naming rights since they sound much better than CNO Financial Fieldhouse.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to IAmHoosier For This Useful Post:

well we will know in 5 minutes

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

ok good job.... the damn sound doesn't work

No audio.

man the big announcement turns into a big dud

bankers life fieldhouse.. founded and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Is a Subsidiary of CNO Financial Group.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

YUCK!!! I was ready for CNO Financial Fieldhouse... BankersLife Fieldhouse. WTF!?!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post: