Thread: Battle of 'Lob Angeles' highlights (great JMac Oop!)

Mood

Sports Logo

Thumbs up Battle of 'Lob Angeles' highlights (great JMac Oop!)

I know we all love some Blake Griffin dunks, but even Josh gets a great lob from Kobe near the beginning of this clip. I'm going to miss the hell out of him, but I hope he lives it up in LA, becomes an incredible force that he couldn't be in Indy, and gets into this year's dunk contest, with Griffin, Paul George, and DeMar DeRozan. Now THAT will be a dunk contest worth watching.

I must say, though, that the Clippers are much moreso on the up-and-up now with Chauncey hitting Big Shots and CP3 dishing sweet dimes to Griffin and Jordan. I thought Baron Davis was great at passing lobs to them, but CP3's the best at it, and it's going to show this year. I even think Caron Butler will be of great use to them. Sucks for the Lakers, but it's time the Clips got some much-deserved respect, imo.

witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Battle of 'Lob Angeles' highlights (great JMac Oop!)

These highlights are helping me realize how close we are to contending... All we have to do is get an elite player.. Soo close.

Also, I love having Josh in Los Angeles. I like his game and I will be able to follow him throughout his career, not to mention that he has an opportunity to make a big name for himself in being an important piece of a good Lakers team.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

today at 12:00pm they will reair this game on NBAtv for those of you who want to watch it or DVR it.
    Last edited by aero; 12-20-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aero For This Useful Post:

clearly the lob will be the clippers downfall this year. Teams will expect it, and they will make them a one dimensional front court. Then you will hear claims that the Clippers can't score without CP3 lobbing the ball to the rim.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

I completely underestimated how weird it would be to see McBob in a Lakers jersey. I'm not a huge McBob fan, but man it's weird to see him playing with Kobe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to glazedham42 For This Useful Post:

I absolutely love watching cp3 play. A master at the point guard position.

Lakers are the 2nd best team in Los Angeles for the first time ever?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Lakers are the 2nd best team in Los Angeles for the first time ever?
    Nope.

The 2004–05 season saw the Clippers, although also missing the playoffs, finish with a better record than the Lakers

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    clearly the lob will be the clippers downfall this year. Teams will expect it, and they will make them a one dimensional front court. Then you will hear claims that the Clippers can't score without CP3 lobbing the ball to the rim.
    Sure, good assessment based on I guess not watching them destroy the Lakers last night.

Butler lights it up from outside and defends the SF well, Billups only needs to be steady and drop in a few timely jumpers, and Paul is crushing people off the PnR (or even one on one) which leaves 2 of the elite dunkers wide open at the rim.

But other than that, what do the Clippers offer if you take away the lob.

They may not have great depth with EJ and Aminu gone but they've got a perfectly built starting 5.

Literally within 1-2 minutes of Josh hitting the court for the Lakers their announcers said "wow, this is like old school Showtime Lakers basketball here". Josh gets the oop and follows it with a great pass to Pau for the easy dunk on another break. A bit later Josh outright rips the ball away from his man for a steal.

The fans and announcers instantly loved what they saw.

I can't put our boys below one player, but make no mistake that if I'm a 100% Pacers fan I've become a 95% McBob fan. I'll wear the Lakers #6 and I'll watch games just because of this type of play. He earns my fandom.

D Morris has to be one of the worst ball-hogging PGs out there right now. He was wrecking the Lakers flow by dribbling and shooting against double teams. Not only did he miss chances to get the ball to Josh, he wouldn't even kick out of double teams to Kobe or Pau. He makes TJ Ford look like Nash.

Troy Murphy came in and proceeded to do all those things we love about his game, ignoring Jordan when he came to the lane on a PnR switch up top (oop dunk while Troy looked up), running with his back to the ball as Billups came the other way and then pulled up for the jumper behind him, and plenty of other "oh, don't mind me" types of defensive plays.

There are no stats that track this lack of interest/awareness for defense and half the time it's someone else's guy scoring where Troy was supposed to come help out.

I was happy to see that happening to another team.

He did hit a wide open 3 from the top of the key as a trailer and somewhere JOB smiled.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post: