Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Rush traded to Golden State for Lou Amundson

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: rush traded to Warriors for lou amundson

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear God. This means more minutes for Dahntay Jones.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Michael Redd in the next couple of days, assuming this deal happens.

Mood

He played center for Phoenix, I think. Gave a good impression to me in our game out there. Scrappy guy. Probably about right for Rush's value.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Lou is a 15mpg player who hustles every minute he is on the floor. He averages as many points as rebounds and plays respectable D though his plus/minus won't reflect that.
    Fun fact on Lou Amundson: Even though he appeared in 76+ games both years he was in Phoenix he has not once played 30 minutes in an NBA game. Was he the best we coulda done? Prolly not. But he'll play with everything he's got when he's on the floor. That's more than can be said about Rush. We certainly could have done worse.
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 12-18-2011 at 02:29 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Holy crap!!!

My dream can come true. Tyler & Lou together on the floor will mean hurt body's on the other team.

I've been a big Lou fan for years and if this is true this is a great great trade.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

I like Lou as our fifth-best big. Expecting the 5th big on your team to provide scoring is just plain goofy. He'll help in his own way, but it definitely won't be from putting up points.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where are you getting that Rush doesn't want to be here from?

I will say that with Foster, Tyler, and Amundson we will probably cause the most bruises and black eyes in the NBA. Lou fits Vogel's smashmouth basketball to a T.
    Just seems like he doesnt want to be. His actions seem to say that. He never seems to care and that wont fly with Larry.

I think Larry will still bring in a scorer at sg, no idea who though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I like Lou as our fifth-best big. Expecting the 5th big on your team to provide scoring is just plain goofy. He'll help in his own way, but it definitely won't be from putting up points.
    Exactly, I don't expect the 5th best big to even see the floor 75% of the time.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Dear God. This means more minutes for Dahntay Jones.
    Yep. I've been too busy since the game last night but I was going to start a thread basically saying that the anti-Rush crowd need to stop expecting more and just be glad that he's a MUCH better backup SG than DJones is at this point.

Jones was the worst thing on Friday night, even worse than Lance. And not only does he kill the offense, but half the time his defense anymore is pretty poor. A kick boxing style foul shouldn't be the "best" defense you played all night.

And then on top of all that he was in his full-on complain about teammates mode too.

Rush at least hits the 3 at 40%, rebounds well, defends pretty well and stays the F out of the way of Roy, DC, Tyler, Danny and Paul rather than take touches away from them.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Doesn't the term "playing center in Phoenix" come with an asterisk up until they got Gortat? Not exactly your typical setup.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

**** this wish it was Dantay instead Rush is a good player much better than Lou this really pisses me off good move by GS. They really meant it when they said they want to play defense good job Mark jackson and staff your getting a great perimeter defender something that they dont have on their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Doesn't the term "playing center in Phoenix" come with an asterisk up until they got Gortat? Not exactly your typical setup.
    same with GS in past years

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

BTW, the original article now says trade is pending, not done.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From the summer of 2010...

Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Stein
    It’s not going to get people buzzing like the futures of Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul do in our post-LeBron world. Not even close.

Yet it does rank as one of the growing curiosities in the NBA this summer:

Why, on Aug. 18, is Louis Amundson still available?

With his high-energy contributions throughout Phoenix’s thoroughly unexpected run to the Western Conference finals, Amundson didn’t merely cement his standing as a fan favorite in the desert. He legitimately emerged as one of the faces synonymous with the Suns’ vaunted bench bunch last season, which had Phoenix privately fearful throughout the playoffs that Amundson could attract some decent free-agent dollars in spite of his well-chronicled limitations as an offensively-challenged power forward who’s also undersized.

Yet free agency is nearly seven weeks old and Amundson remains unsigned. He’s still waiting after watching the Suns decide to fill their Amare Stoudemire void by re-signing Channing Frye, signing Hakim Warrick and trading for Hedo Turkoglu to be a ball-handling power forward.

It appears, though, that Amundson’s wait might finally be ending. Sources close to the situation say that the 6-foot-9, 225-pounder is inching closer to a decision, with at least three teams known to be actively in pursuit – Golden State, New Orleans and Indiana. One source says an unidentified fourth team remains in the mix.

Another source told ESPN.com that the Hornets and Warriors are making the hardest push, but the Pacers have not been shy about their need for another big man after using Troy Murphy’s expiring contract last week to help facilitate the four-team traded that netted the point guard Indy has long coveted in Darren Collison

The 26 year old averaged 4.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and just under one block in 14.8 minutes per game last season and told the Arizona Republic earlier this summer that Charlotte and Toronto had also registered interest in signing him.

Mind you, Amundson also acknowledged to the newspaper that he badly wanted to stay with the Suns or, after playing his high school ball in Colorado, perhaps hook on with the Denver Nuggets.

“I really liked it [in Phoenix],” Amundson said. “I don’t like leaving.”

Mood

I hope we are getting a pick to. This just makes no sense PF is set already and now we trading our best backup SG for basically a Dleague level player who doesnt defend all he does is play with some energy we already have 3 of them in Tyler Jeff and Jeff?? The only type of big we need now is an athletic defender and Lou is the furthest thing from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Yep. I've been too busy since the game last night but I was going to start a thread basically saying that the anti-Rush crowd need to stop expecting more and just be glad that he's a MUCH better backup SG than DJones is at this point.

Jones was the worst thing on Friday night, even worse than Lance. And not only does he kill the offense, but half the time his defense anymore is pretty poor. A kick boxing style foul shouldn't be the "best" defense you played all night.

And then on top of all that he was in his full-on complain about teammates mode too.

Rush at least hits the 3 at 40%, rebounds well, defends pretty well and stays the F out of the way of Roy, DC, Tyler, Danny and Paul rather than take touches away from them.
    If he got along with teammates so well, (as some have posted) and was solid (which it always seemed like he was) why were the pacers looking to trade him so much?

I know we have too many shooting guards, but if this is just so we can sign Micheal Redd..seriously..

I've said before..I like Dahntay...I just think his best role is cheerleading on the bench (which he is awesome at..) But I think Hill is your primary backup 2 guard now.
    Last edited by Sookie; 12-18-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    He might be one of the worst offensive players in the entire league.
    and a bad defender as well

Mood

I forgot just how small he is. He's a PF.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never thought i would see the day where i saw people complain about trading brandon rush.

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

6'9, 225 is not the answer to our backup center problem. Michael Redd, at this point in his career, is not the answer to our scorer/shot-creator problem either.

Our only hope now is that one of these guys fails their physical.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Since this doesn't seem to be getting picked up by anyone else, I'm going to assume this is a false rumor until I hear otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    If he got along with teammates so well, (as some have posted) and was solid (which it always seemed like he was) why were the pacers looking to trade him so much?

I know we have too many shooting guards, but if this is just so we can sign Micheal Redd..seriously..
    Brandon was a victim (rightly or wrongly) of expectations. In his rookie year he had a stretch where he avg. almost 16 points a game, played a high level of defense & was very active on the floor.

This started to get everybody thinking that we had found Danny's sidekick.

It never happened. For whatever reason, be it Brandon, be it the system, be it JOB, whatever it just never happened.

I hate to break this term out but frankly often times Brandon was irrelevent to the team. In other words if he played, fine. If he didn't play that night, well that was fine to as most people didn't miss him. In fact you could say a lot of people did miss him when he was on the court as often times you would forget he was there.

I know some will argue that was by design of the old coach. Maybe, I don't know though.

At best he was going to be the 9th or 10th man this season.

Maybe a fresh start for him will help as well. He can go to a system where he won't need to score so there won't be the pressure from the fans and front office for this.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I never thought i would see the day where i saw people complain about trading brandon rush.
    ?? He clearly is our best backup SG IMO and if Hill goes down now were

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Brandon was a victim (rightly or wrongly) of expectations. In his rookie year he had a stretch where he avg. almost 16 points a game, played a high level of defense & was very active on the floor.

This started to get everybody thinking that we had found Danny's sidekick.

It never happened. For whatever reason, be it Brandon, be it the system, be it JOB, whatever it just never happened.

I hate to break this term out but frankly often times Brandon was irrelevent to the team. In other words if he played, fine. If he didn't play that night, well that was fine to as most people didn't miss him. In fact you could say a lot of people did miss him when he was on the court as often times you would forget he was there.

I know some will argue that was by design of the old coach. Maybe, I don't know though.

At best he was going to be the 9th or 10th man this season.

Maybe a fresh start for him will help as well. He can go to a system where he won't need to score so there won't be the pressure from the fans and front office for this.
    Yea, but lets be honest, fan support isn't why you trade a guy. especially when, as you said, he's more irrelevant than "hated"

personally, I think he's not as good as people thought he could be. And he's been getting bad advice. (Drive to the basket more...he's not a good ball handler..and he doesn't like to get hit...not exactly a great combo to be encouraging to drive to the basket..especially when he's such a good shooter.)

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Default Re: rush traded to Warriors for lou amundson? Maybe?

Just so you know, Dale Davis was a better free throw shooter that this guy.... let the adventure begin.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Since this doesn't seem to be getting picked up by anyone else, I'm going to assume this is a false rumor until I hear otherwise.
    Well, its 2am on the east coast and was reported by a west coast source. Amundson also didnt play in todays game and hes fully healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    and a bad defender as well
    Not at all.

Default Re: rush traded to Warriors for lou amundson? Maybe?

Maybe this trade is best for both parties. Rush clearly was not doing too well on the Pacers - maybe he needs a change in scenery. Perhaps Indy will benefit more from Amundson's presence.

I do hope this means we sign Redd to a small contract.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post: