Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EJ

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default EJ

i know another EJ thread, but ignore it if you dont want to discuss.

just simply like to know what could be considered a fair deal the league would accept for EJ.

the other Gordon thread is lengthy. hypothetically, lets say Stern is aware Gordon would prefer play in Indiana.

Granger, Rush, DC, 2 first unprotected

in exchange

EJ, Okafor

would that deal get it done and as a pacer fan is it too much to offer.

* George, Hansbro, Hibbert all three Pacers should keep. dont really wannt to see DC go, but of all our young players, im most willing to deal him. Okafor would provide the perfect b/u at pf/c even though overpaid. Granger from NO's could help facilitate the deal.

Bird has to at least pickup the phone and see if the league would consider.

other than losing McBob which i still dont get, pacers have had a great offseaon and the move above would put it over the top.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: EJ

Whether or not your proposal is a fair deal depends entirely on PG's development.

Jesus, at this point there might as well be an EJ sub-forum.

To answer your question, no. I can wait 'til 2013 when we have a hell of a shot at getting him without giving up anything.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Pacers#1Fan For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Way overpaying for a guy who has Ben Gordon-like production and who has won an average of 27 games per-season in his three-year career.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Way overpaying for a guy who has Ben Gordon-like production and who has won an average of 27 games per-season in his three-year career.
    While that is way too much for him, he wouldn't really he that big of an upgrade over Granger if he was an upgrade at all, your arguments against him are just stupid. It doesn't take much to know Eric is much better than Ben, .and we are talking about the freaking Clippers of corset they sucked. Hell everyone thinks Griffiin is the second coming and they still weren't that good last year. Not to meantion as the main guy Granger hasn't ever had a winning record. There is more to basketball than simple stats.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What is your obsession with comparing EJ and Ben Gordon? Their last names too much for you to handle

Even though I agree, I think thats a little too much to give up. Granger should mean more to NO than that IMO
    I Bleed Blue

Did I miss something here? Is this trade proposal about EJ or MJ?

C'mon guys. Gordon is not that darn good or anywhere close to it. Granger and a 1st would be plenty. You cannot dismantle a team for a guy who cannot stay healthy and has not proven he can take over games.
    To give up that much, the player coming back should be proven to be healthy and a winner. Gordon is neither.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Horrific deal, you clearly over-value Eric Gordon. Eric Gordon is a 6'3'' combo guard. I would not trade Danny Granger for Eric Gordon under any circumstances, unless the Hornets were to offer a first round pick. I would give two first round picks and Brandon Rush for Eric Gordon.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Okafor is damaged goods. He may be one of the slowest players in the league.

Please, stop.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    i know another EJ thread, but ignore it if you dont want to discuss.

just simply like to know what could be considered a fair deal the league would accept for EJ.

the other Gordon thread is lengthy. hypothetically, lets say Stern is aware Gordon would prefer play in Indiana.

Granger, Rush, DC, 2 first unprotected

in exchange

EJ, Okafor

would that deal get it done and as a pacer fan is it too much to offer.

* George, Hansbro, Hibbert all three Pacers should keep. dont really wannt to see DC go, but of all our young players, im most willing to deal him. Okafor would provide the perfect b/u at pf/c even though overpaid. Granger from NO's could help facilitate the deal.

Bird has to at least pickup the phone and see if the league would consider.

other than losing McBob which i still dont get, pacers have had a great offseaon and the move above would put it over the top.

God give it up. You want to give up the core of this team for a very good but not great player. It is comical what people come up with. Why would anybody do that when they could maybe get him without giving up anything next year.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Right now, that trade won't work. EJ has to be traded by himself for the next 60 days. Besides that, You are willing to give up alot of Pacers trading tools for someone that can't stay on the floor. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have EJ, just not at that expense.
    Also, I think you defeat the purpose of improving the team just by trading Danny for EJ alone. Look around the NBA and 2012 FA list of SF's. We are lucky to have Danny. We undervalue Danny cause he is ours. Other teams would do back flips to have him.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

If we know we can get him as a free agent, I'd do that first. But if not, I would do that trade without blinking an eye. Gordon is 22 and already better than Danny. Granger is 28. Paul George is 21. We have made strides adding talent to the roster and this would be a small upgrade plus Granger's age will become a factor before Paul is in his prime. In contrast, Gordon and George will enter their prime at about the same time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Trading Granger for EJ is pointless. The idea is to pair the two together.

We also have no need for Okafor now, not to mention that his contract would likely cost us Hibbert.

I think an offer of PG, Rush, and our 2012 first would be fair.

The best plan, methinks, is just to wait until 2013. I don't see EJ extending a deal in Nawlins.

Mood

Sports Logo

I don't like that trade, as it overvalues EJ. He's not CP3, so the league isn't going to just deny the trade instantly. Granger/Rush/DC/2 firsts is WAY too much for him. I would personally try DC/Rush/Jones and try to get another team in to help compensate. It's not unheard of.

As much as I'm ready for PG to move to the 3 and start developing like crazy, Granger is still, and has been, our best player, so I would like to see what production our Pacers made with a line-up of, say, GH/EJ/DG/DW/RH, with PG as the 2/3 sixth-swingman.

Of course, by 2013, who knows what the lineup will look like. I also don't feel like losing next year's first pick, in the case that someone falls to us in as deep of a draft as is expected.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

nice to know you all believe we have the assets. EJ will be better than Granger, George is a small forward. we need a sg who can play beside him.

George can play sg or sf but he will have advantages vs sf's.

EJ, Kaman (if not okafor).

Granger, 2 first rounders.

if its known EJ wants to play in INdiana. why not, the Fieldhouse would sell out.

*Sigh*

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

nice to know you all believe we have the assets. EJ will be better than Granger, George is a small forward. we need a sg who can play beside him.

George can play sg or sf but he will have advantages vs sf's.

EJ, Kaman (if not okafor).

Granger, 2 first rounders.

if its known EJ wants to play in INdiana. why not, the Fieldhouse would sell out.
    Considering PG is only 6'9" there is no way he has any advantages over two guards. Obviously he'd be a bigger matchup nightmare against other 6'9" small forwards. He could use his excellent ball handling skills to beat defenders off the dribble. Good one. ur smrt.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

its preseason, so chillax. if EJ is not dealt to the hornets then i doubt much would be speculated .. if a fair deal is available, make the move.

obviously Bird wants a sg from recent reports of mayo and crawford.

Not that your repeated comparisons of Ben and EJ haven't gotten out of hand already but can you please explain how EJ is just like Ben despite being far more efficient? Why is that hard for you to understand? Probably 95% of NBA players can throw up 20 points per game in a season. It's not hard. However very few can do that efficiently. EJ is one of them. Ben Gordon is NOT.

You've posted the stats comparing them multiple times but somehow don't seem to be able to notice the glaring differences.

Edit- That doesn't even get to the eye test which is the easiest part. No one who's watched any Clips games would ever contend Ben is or was anywhere near Eric's talent level.
    Last edited by mattie; 12-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Considering PG is only 6'9" there is no way he has any advantages over two guards. Obviously he'd be a bigger matchup nightmare against other 6'9" small forwards. He could use his excellent ball handling skills to beat defenders off the dribble. Good one. ur smrt.
    really.. u got come at someone like that on a msg board tough guy. lets test your basketball iq.

advantages/ disadavantages for George at 2 gaurd vs sf.

sg:

length over smaller sg's. (adv)
    lacks dribble/handles as a sg, speed not as quick as vs a sf (disadv)

sf:

has size to defend all sf's, and his speed is accentuated against all sf's in the league. can still shoot over sfs and get open easier. defensively if you can put him on a Rose, he would dominate many sf's. (adv)

only disadvantage can be strength, but only 21.

guess if you all think george is better at sg than sf, maybe right now, but by next season i think he will excel as a forward.

> only concern i have w/ gordon is injury. gordon is the only guy i would deal granger for, otherwise im good with granger at his salary.

really.. u got come at someone like that on a msg board tough guy. lets test your basketball iq.

advantages/ disadavantages for George at 2 gaurd vs sf.

sg:

length over smaller sg's. (adv)
    lacks dribble/handles as a sg, speed not as quick as vs a sf (disadv)

sf:

has size to defend all sf's, and his speed is accentuated against all sf's in the league. can still shoot over sfs and get open easier. defensively if you can put him on a Rose, he would dominate many sf's. (adv)

only disadvantage can be strength, but only 21.

guess if you all think george is better at sg than sf, maybe right now, but by next season i think he will excel as a forward.

> only concern i have w/ gordon is injury. gordon is the only guy i would deal granger for, otherwise im good with granger at his salary.
    When did I ever suggest I was tough? (Ironically seems like you're challenging me, so I guess you're the tough guy??) If so, yes I am scared.

Any who, that's completely ridiculous. PG obviously because of size has a clear advantage over two guards, where as almost all his physical advantages are negated if he played at SF. I'm sure in the future he'll eventually move on down to SF as he won't always retain the speed he has to defend smaller and quicker guards.

Either way I'm not going to continue to argue the point, it's just differing opinions and though one of the opinions has no semblance of logic, you still have your right to it.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

bad trade. also, "ej" is a terrible nickname. turrible.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lurkster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Not that your repeated comparisons of Ben and EJ haven't gotten out of hand already but can you please explain how EJ is just like Ben despite being far more efficient? Why is that hard for you to understand? Probably 95% of NBA players can throw up 20 points per game in a season. It's not hard. However very few can do that efficiently. EJ is one of them. Ben Gordon is NOT.

You've posted the stats comparing them multiple times but somehow don't seem to be able to notice the glaring differences.

Edit- That doesn't even get to the eye test which is the easiest part. No one who's watched any Clips games would ever contend Ben is or was anywhere near Eric's talent level.
    I don't think the comparison the BG is all that outrageous. Early in his career, BG was always getting big hype and there was much talk about how it was foolish that he was playing the 6th man role instead of ebing a starter. In many circles, he was considered to be an extremely promising player with tons of upside and many people expected great things from him.

That aside, the incessant talk of bringing Eric Gordon to this team is not only pointless and stupid, but it trivializes the potential and promise of the Pacers team that actually exists. You know, the one here in wonderful ol' REALITY.

If you're not familiar with Reality, I suggest you check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    I don't think the comparison the BG is all that outrageous. Early in his career, BG was always getting big hype and there was much talk about how it was foolish that he was playing the 6th man role instead of ebing a starter. In many circles, he was considered to be an extremely promising player with tons of upside and many people expected great things from him.

That aside, the incessant talk of bringing Eric Gordon to this team is not only pointless and stupid, but it trivializes the potential and promise of the Pacers team that actually exists. You know, the one here in wonderful ol' REALITY.

If you're not familiar with Reality, I suggest you check it out.
    I'm not in favor of trading for EJ in any way. Not sure how you got that. I'm just arguing how absurd it is to compare a chucker with someone who is a talented scorer. The differences are clear.