Thread: CBS Chicago: Bears WR arrested on drug charges; Supplied drugs to other NFL players in the "double digits"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default CBS Chicago: Bears WR arrested on drug charges; Supplied drugs to other NFL players in the "double digits"

Default Re: CBS Chicago: Bears WR arrested on drug charges; Supplied drugs to other NFL players in the "double digits"

$700,000 a week worth of drugs?!!?

Yeah, he's going away for a long time, and I wonder who he's dragging down with him?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: CBS Chicago: Bears WR arrested on drug charges; Supplied drugs to other NFL players in the "double digits"

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $700,000 a week worth of drugs?!!?

Yeah, he's going away for a long time, and I wonder who he's dragging down with him?
    rumor is mike v just a rumor though. Jerry Angelo needs to be fired for this. The day before he signed with the Bears he was pulled over with 88k in the car and some weed great back round check Jerry.

This is just embarrassing I couldn't believe this when i read the story the other day.

People would going bat**** crazy and this would be all over the news if we were talking about any NBA player.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    People would going bat**** crazy and this would be all over the news if we were talking about any NBA player.
    People are going bat**** crazy, and this is all over the news.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

This is quite the story. Makes Nate Newton's 200 lbs of Marijuana look like a small time operation.

Hurd is going to prison for at least 15 years.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This is quite the story. Makes Nate Newton's 200 lbs of Marijuana look like a small time operation.

Hurd is going to prison for at least 15 years.
    I found this funny

Attorney for ex Bears WR Sam Hurd told reporters Hurd is hopeful another team will pick him up this season.

http://www.suntimes.com/9483054-417/...l-clients.html

The NFL will make sure that list never sees the light of day believe that. Some big names on there or so I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The NFL will make sure that list never sees the light of day believe that. Some big names on there or so I heard.
    Careful, or you might receive a subpoena. This is not a joke. The list will get out or people attempting to stop it will be going down too.

The guy is already rich and he's doing this ****?

What a ****ing idiot.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The guy is already rich and he's doing this ****?

What a ****ing idiot.
    Actually compared to what he was being paid in the NFL he made more dealing drugs.

I think he's an idiot...

Funny how ESPN isn't all over this story yet we get endless Tebow coverage.

I don't hate Tebow but c'mon this is absurd this is a far bigger story or should be especially if other NFL players are his clients.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The NFL is a powerful organization for sure, but even you can't seriously believe that the NFL has the power and reach to silence the Department of Homeland Security. He met with a department agent and disclosed the list in person to the agent. It's part of an official public record now. The NFL, believe it or not, is completely powerless in terms of stifling that list. Now, the best the NFL can hope for is casting doubt on Hurd's statement to the agent, basically saying he lied to the agent about the names he was supplying to. That's the only shot they have.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    The NFL is a powerful organization for sure, but even you can't seriously believe that the NFL has the power and reach to silence the Department of Homeland Security. He met with a department agent and disclosed the list in person to the agent. It's part of an official public record now. The NFL, believe it or not, is completely powerless in terms of stifling that list. Now, the best the NFL can hope for is casting doubt on Hurd's statement to the agent, basically saying he lied to the agent about the names he was supplying to. That's the only shot they have.
    Honestly yes because the NFL is a multibillion dollar business.

Corporations own our government if you haven't noticed but I'll stop there it will end up going into politics here.

I just find it interesting the lack of coverage ESPN has provided over this yet we hear everything we can about Tebow.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some newshound will be all over them with Freedom of Information act....no, no, that may not apply since it's an on-going investigation.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I could see the money and power of the NFL being enough to keep the government from acting too much on the list of names. Yeah, it might get released but if the government doesn't go after the names on the list like a pit bull on raw meat then that greases the skids for the NFL to say he lied and the proof is the government refusing to charge anyone on the list. Or maybe a couple names become scapegoats and the rest skate right on....

They aren't going to let the NFL or anyone in it run a large drug operation, but they also aren't going to tarnish the NFL any more than they have to in order to stop the drug dealing. And once they got the head of the snake the rest of it might not interest them.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I think they will be more interested in who he is working with and for than who he is selling to. Its safe to say it has been a big story down here since he is from San Antonio.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

No they are dumbing this down. Playoff runs and Tebow are being talked about.