Page 29 of 214 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Banned

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron 100 times out of 100. It really hasn't been close for years.
    It's close now, It wasn't close before because this is Durant's 4th year in the NBA I was asking because they had this argument on ESPN this morning.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan1991 View Post
    Durant plays all 4th quarters, I'll take that that every single time, combined with his talent
    So does LeBron...until the Finals.

When Durant leads OKC to a title before LeBron leads Miami to one, then this argument becomes an argument. For now, LeBron is the best, like him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    So does LeBron...until the Finals.

When Durant leads OKC to a title before LeBron leads Miami to one, then this argument becomes an argument. For now, LeBron is the best, like him or not.
    leading to the finals is only important if u win.......... durant will win one first

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    leading to the finals is only important if u win.......... durant will win one first
    Yeah I'm not sure about that, either way I think is possible to find that out this year if OKC and Miami meet in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    It's my guess that they will square off head-to-head in the Finals this year.

That said, LeBron has been to two Finals, Durant none. Obviously, time served in the league is different, but we like to forget just how bad that Cavs team was that LeBron led to the Finals. His unpopularity clouds just how good he is. And I ****ing hate LeBron. I just think he's the better overall player right now.

Banned

It's my guess that they will square off head-to-head in the Finals this year.

That said, LeBron has been to two Finals, Durant none. Obviously, time served in the league is different, but we like to forget just how bad that Cavs team was that LeBron led to the Finals. His unpopularity clouds just how good he is. And I ****ing hate LeBron. I just think he's the better overall player right now.
    I agree, Lebron is the most complete player right now but Durant is the better shooter and closer, at this point Lebron is better but Durant is getting there I think.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A lot of people are going to pick Durant on the fact that they just don't like Lebron. That's where comments like the 4 quarter thing comes from. I know I'm not the only one who remembers him scoring 25 in a row, and 29 of 30 or something crazy to beat Detroit by himself in the 4th and overtime. Either way, Lebron winning a title before Durant says nothing about anything except the situation they are in.

Lebron is a better defender and with his new post game on offense, he's clearly the better player. He could play 1-4 on either side of the ball at any time. It's no shame to not be as good as Lebron. When it's said and done it's likely that less than 1% of NBA players in the history of the game will be able to say they were better.

Everyone says there will never be another Magic Johnson, but that's only because Lebron doesn't want to play PG, because if he forced the issue he could easily do it.

Durantula! That was a great game.

I was simultaneously watching the Rockets game on my iPad. They'll be one of my teams to watch. Like the Pacers, they have a very interesting collection of assets. They're great offensively but now have defensive players at the two most important positions; PG and Center. I didn't think so initially but Dalembert will be a great pickup for them.

Kyle Lowry is one guy I was dead wrong on. He's Houston's best player right now and he looks great. I'd love to have him on the Pacers.
    Last edited by imawhat; 12-29-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Blazers and Nuggets. Woo. This one should be fun.

The Rockets announcers annoy me. Kyle Lowry a guaranteed All Star? Sounds quite homerish. And he sounded like Quinn. Not a fan.
    That was Clyde Drexler. IMO he's one of the three worst color guys in the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A lot of people are going to pick Durant on the fact that they just don't like Lebron. That's where comments like the 4 quarter thing comes from. I know I'm not the only one who remembers him scoring 25 in a row, and 29 of 30 or something crazy to beat Detroit by himself in the 4th and overtime. Either way, Lebron winning a title before Durant says nothing about anything except the situation they are in.

Lebron is a better defender and with his new post game on offense, he's clearly the better player. He could play 1-4 on either side of the ball at any time. It's no shame to not be as good as Lebron. When it's said and done it's likely that less than 1% of NBA players in the history of the game will be able to say they were better.

Everyone says there will never be another Magic Johnson, but that's only because Lebron doesn't want to play PG, because if he forced the issue he could easily do it.

Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Blazers and Nuggets. Woo. This one should be fun.

The Rockets announcers annoy me. Kyle Lowry a guaranteed All Star? Sounds quite homerish. And he sounded like Quinn. Not a fan.

Lebron played pg his rookie year and the experiment failed miserably even in Summer League. (Not saying he cant do it now but that isn't his best position for him IMO having a shooter like Cole or Boobie Gibson is the way to go at pg with LBJ.

Thoes annocers were LOL. Richard Jefferson is 30LBS out of shape "are you sure parter I dont think so"

"well he cant it a shot so that must be why"

"I dont mean to call Jefferson out he is a nice guy"

They were worse than Quinn. But they did have me laughing.

He is the guy who had me rolling last year calling Ish Smith quick as a cat the whole game.

Bulls v Kings =

Kings just refuse to play defense especially in transition it is LOL to watch. Jimmer guarded Rose a bit also.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-29-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Lebron played pg his rookie year and the experiment failed miserably.
    19 year old Lebron is not 27 year old Lebron. Not even close.

I can imagine Paul George hitting a game winner like that in a couple years.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

The Knicks need a pass first point guard as soon as possible, they are just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The Knicks need a pass first point guard as soon as possible, they are just bad.
    Don't call any team bad unless you saw the Kings end of 1st quarter, through beginning of the 2nd quarter. My goodness. That made my eyes hurt.

Banned

Don't call any team bad unless you saw the Kings end of 1st quarter, through beginning of the 2nd quarter. My goodness. That made my eyes hurt.
    Yeah I was watching but they are Detroit Pistons bad, meh.

By the way, during the Nuggets/ Blazers game they were talking about the top 4 teams in the East. They said Miami, Chicago, Atlanta and Orlando (I think?), but they made a point to discuss Indiana being the team they left off the list that has a good shot at making the top 4 before the end of the year.

Mood

agree x1000

there transition defense is a site to behold. If I was Westpau I would of went on the court after a few of those lack luster effort on D. I think the main problem is they just iso so there is 4 people in the paint so no one can get back. But they literally aren't running anything but iso for Reke and Marcus and sometimes Cousins and Salmons. I wonder what they went over in camp? Because to me it looks like Lances team at the Indy pro am ran a better offense than this Kings team .

The Kings play streetball. They have a lot of talent on that roster, but it fits together in the most uncohesive way imaginable. Not a single player on that team wants to pass the ball. They will never win like that.

Banned

Melo looks a bit fat, another guy who let it go.

New York's bigger problem is defense. I mean, point guard is an issue, but..they are currently letting Fisher tear them up.

Banned

There is not doubt that the Knicks are going to be shooting for Nash next year, the defense is going to still be horrible though.

Mood

The Kings play streetball. They have a lot of talent on that roster, but it fits together in the most uncohesive way imaginable. Not a single player on that team wants to pass the ball. They will never win like that.
    Ya whoever built that team should be fired just for what it is on paper. They have nothing but high usage players who need the ball on offense and dont defend you can't win like that. I think Reke is ruined he has picked up so many bad habits in the offense they run.

Honestly Lance could probably average 15ppg in there offense it fits his game to a tee just iso. I hope Lance can learn a real offense. But if anyone is interested to see what Lance was in HS he was basically the Kings offense.

EDIT: Jimmer guarding Drose is comical I cant stop laughing at it.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-30-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Banned

The Lakers are playing 5 guards at the same time wow

Banned

They have Jimmer on Rose?

It wasn't just the Kings offense, it was the worst transition defense I think I've ever seen repeated 3 or 4 times in a row. Back to back. Is it too early to think a team just quit? That's what it looked like.

The offense is scary bad though.