Page 164 of 214 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 5338

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @MikeWellsNBA: The Pacers aren't helping themselves out offensively. They're last in the league in assists at 18 a game. Steve Nash is averaging 11 a game

Dragic is averaging 13 while starting the last 6 games. You know, Nash's former backup.

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

The guy that Cleveland couldn't trade for Amare
    No, the guy that couldn't be traded for Murphy!

Banned

I'm pretty sure this guy knows more than anybody here.

@HowardBeckNYT: Wait, JJ Hickson has been waived? The guy the Cavaliers wouldn't trade for Amare Stoudemire in 2010? Yikes.

Our team needs to watch the Bulls' passing, esp. on the fastbreak.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    FWIW, I'm almost positive the Mavericks have one of these on site as well.
    Actually, I don't think they do. I believe they made it popular, but I don't think they own one. The players go to a place after the games to use one, but I am fairly certain they don't actually own one.

Sports Logo

The Celtics are keeping us in the 5th spot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    after watching stoudemire play a couple of times this week, cleveland should be glad it didn't work. they could be having that contract clogging up their cap space, instead of new york.
    Getting Amare could had probably change Lebron's decision and stay, I'm pretty sure Cleveland pays Amare's salary with no problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    The Celtics are keeping us in the 5th spot
    And the Celtics keep getting closer...

Sports Logo

Getting Amare could had probably change Lebron's decision and stay, I'm pretty sure Cleveland pays Amare's salary with no problem.
    One Swallow does not make a Summer.

Sports Logo

And the Celtics keep getting closer...
    That's the negative way of seeing it

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That's the negative way of seeing it
    Would you expect anything less?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    Would you expect anything less?
    No. I'm just letting him know

Chicago beats Orlando
    85-59

Yes Orlando doesn't even score 60. Would love to know what Dwight's thinking right now staying there another year. Thanks Chicago... we're now behind Orlando by two games with the same number of losses.

Banned

Lucas is the new Lin? 24 points againts Miami and 20 today againts Orlando

no, it wouldn't. LBJ was headed to play with his friends. getting stoudemire would only mean more crap left behind for the cav's to clean up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    no, it wouldn't. LBJ was headed to play with his friends. getting stoudemire would only mean more crap left behind for the cav's to clean up.
    I guess we would never know, Amare was also a free agent so I don't think he signs with Cleveland if Lebron doesn't do it.

Banned

@WallaceNBA_ESPN: For record, Lucas III has been cut by Minny, Houston, OKC, Miami & Chi before getting 2nd shot w/current team, like Lin

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'm pretty sure this guy knows more than anybody here.

@HowardBeckNYT: Wait, JJ Hickson has been waived? The guy the Cavaliers wouldn't trade for Amare Stoudemire in 2010? Yikes.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Mood

Chris Mullen retirement ceremony has been nice until the owner spoke and the fans booed him too death Rick Barry started going off on the fans.

now they are raising his jersey

Banned

It looks like people in GS are mad at the owner for trading Monta wow.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Chris Mullen retirement ceremony has been nice until the owner spoke and the fans booed him too death Rick Barry started going off on the fans.
    Pathetic fans who don't know what's better for them.

These fans were perfectly comfortable with 35 win seasons year after year. Now an owner does something that's actually good for the team in the long run to make them better but they can't understand it because they had to trade away their fan favorite to do it. It's like a parent throwing away a kid's security blanket because they know the kid needs to grow up, and of course the kid cries because he doesn't know what's better for them.

These low expectations fans are a big reason the team they've watched has been so bad for so long. Really embarrassed to be a Warrior fan right now. These people are a disgrace.

Banned

@jmikeNBAusat: RT @Rusty_SFChron: Warriors owner Joe Lacob gets booed as he takes the mic for Mullin's jersey retirement. Chants of Monta start

@jmikeNBAusat: RT @Rusty_SFChron: Lacob finally gets through his speech & gives Mullin's family a trip to Maui. ...

@jmikeNBAusat: #GSwarriors were 3 games of the 8th playoff spot and they're clearly ticked at Lacob for blowing it up w/Ellis trade #nba

@jmikeNBAusat: I was truly shocked at #GSWarriors trade for that reason, but man, even I underestimated the bitterness of those fans #nba

@jmikeNBAusat: If that trade doesn't pay off for #GSwarriors -- and I have my doubts b/c of Bogut's health -- Lacob is gonna get that treatment often #nba

LOL @ these idiot fans who once gave Monta MVP chants when their season was already over. Truly embarrassing.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Mood

It looks like people in GS are mad at the owner for trading Monta wow.
    Monta is fun to watch and all but they aren't going to ever win anything with him and Steph as the starting back court. They need to switch to a defensive minded team. I mean shoot even run TMC didn't win anything because they didnt have a C and they didn't really defend.

I like what they are doing I really like Klay Thompson(one of the nicest strokes in college ball last year) and if Steph every gets healthy and they draft well next year they could have a great core as soon as next year. I didnt like the Jefferson trade or not amnesty a different player not Bell. I just think they way overpaid for that pick. The going rate for a 1st rd pick is a few million. They gave up 11m plus the roster spot on Jefferson that was overpaying IMO but you can live with that deal as long as they draft well but that move is the only one that really had me shaking my head.

I think the way Klay plays will really be a nice style and help the team win more than a Monta. Klay moves the ball and plays a very good team style of basketball that reminds me of a young Richard Hamilton or in that mold I really like his game.

But the top 7 pick and their core growing with staying healthy they will be a really nice team next year.(if they draft well)
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-19-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Banned

I don't know to me that trade is similar to Toronto trading for a broken down JO, Toronto probably is still regretting that trade.