Page 131 of 214 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 5338

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Banned

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    jeremy lin with 6 turnovers with still 2 min left in the first half.... terrible
    Yeah first time in a long time that he looks scare, he is afraid of doing things, he is making stupid mistakes, playing againts Miami got in his head I think.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    The break has nothing to do with it his lack of explosion has been obvious all season long. His knees are catching up to him pretty sad to see. Use to have Blake Griffin hops and they are almost all gone.
    Yes, I'm not the one that said it was. Reply to the guy I was replying to.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not watching the game but is Lin playing as bad as the stats suggest? 1-7 shooting, and 7 turnovers in 27 minutes? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I'm not watching the game but is Lin playing as bad as the stats suggest? 1-7 shooting, and 7 turnovers in 27 minutes? Ouch.
    Yeah, he is. Miami's speed and length are killing him.

Mood

Paul George will give Jeremy Lin fits, he doesn't deal with pressure well at all. I'm not sure he keeps up the super strong play once he's not sneaking up on everyone.

Watching OKC. All Westbrook does is look to score. I don't get how a PG can be so reluctant to pass the ball

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Wink Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Paul George will give Jeremy Lin fits, he doesn't deal with pressure well at all. I'm not sure he keeps up the super strong play once he's not sneaking up on everyone.
    Defenses will adjust. The magic is wearing off. The officials will keep Lin relevant.

Race for 3rd in the East just got tighter, with Magic losing to the Hawks. Chance for the Pacers to advance after the all-star break, with the next few games against sub-.500 teams.

Coach of the Year

Popovich has done a considerable coaching job despite his team's age and injuries.
    1. Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs
    Popovich is doing the best coaching job of his Hall of Fame-worthy career. The talent on his roster, in light of Ginobili's injuries and Duncan's age, is nowhere near that of Miami, Oklahoma City, the Los Angeles Clippers or the Los Angeles Lakers, yet Popovich has the Spurs in the same class as those clubs.

2. Frank Vogel, Indiana Pacers
    Molding a team with lots of young players looking to make a name for themselves into a solid and productive unit is not easy, yet Vogel has the Pacers poised to be the most dangerous spoiler in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

3. Rick Adelman, Minnesota Timberwolves
    The Timberwolves won 17 games last season; they were 16-17 heading into Wednesday night's game against Utah. For Adelman to have the Wolves in the WC playoff race is remarkable. That's why I gave him the edge over Philadelphia's Doug Collins, Orlando's Stan Van Gundy and Chicago's Tom Thibodeau, who is doing another outstanding job this season.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone post this yet?

hope we shock someone but, hope it doesn't come til the second round
    I'm a Beast

The Spurs have been playing very, very well. With Danny Green starting at the 2 and Gary Neal playing backup PG. I remember some people on PD saying they wouldn't trade DC for Parker because TP (supposedly) is on the downside of his career. Well, I'll take Parker on the downside of his career over DC any day of the week (and I like DC).
    Last edited by Pingu; 02-23-2012 at 11:32 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    The Spurs have been playing very, very well. With Danny Green starting at the 2 and Gary Neal playing backup PG. I remember some people on PD saying they wouldn't trade DC for Parker because TP is on the downside of his career. Well, I'll take Parker on the downside of his career over DC any day of the week (and I like DC).
    Yeah I remember that one.

I think the Lakers run the P&R worse than the pacers.

Sports Logo

So, we're 3rd in the Standings now

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Box score watch:

Undrafted Denver rookie Julyan Stone with a nice line: 9 pts 7 ast 1 reb 2 stl 0 TO, though it was in a blowout loss.

Stone is a 6'6'' PG who was rumored to be attending Pacers' camp, but joined the Nuggets instead.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Box score watch:

Undrafted Denver rookie Julyan Stone with a nice line: 9 pts 7 ast 1 reb 2 stl 0 TO, though it was in a blowout loss.

Stone is a 6'6'' PG who was rumored to be attending Pacers' camp, but joined the Nuggets instead.

I want the Pacers to have a big PG soooo bad. I'm tired of having midgets at PG.

Blair 28/12/3 and teams wouldn't draft him b/c of bad knees in 09!

Ibaka 11/13

Koufos 8/6/1 off bench

Danny Green 16/6/2

Sports Logo Sports Logo

A random thought on the previous seasons regarding us:
    Why didn't we tank even once in the past years under JOB when we were horrible?At least it may had given us the chance for a high draft pick.

Banned

They feel the same way about Monta as the Pacers feel about Danny.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...ered-recently/

If the Warriors shop Monta Ellis: One example of what they’ve been offered recently
    Posted by Tim Kawakami on February 21st, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

Early warning: This is most definitely not a report about anything the Warriors are currently being offered for or have discussed involving Monta Ellis.

I don’t think much is happening–teams are waiting to see what happens with Pau Gasol and especially with Dwight Howard.

Warriors GM Larry Riley told NBA.com’s Scott Howard-Cooper that they’re looking to make a deal, but only if it’s the right one.

Things will heat up in the next few weeks around the league, but who knows how the Warriors will approach it and what they can get done by the March 15 trade deadline.

No, this item isn’t about what’s happening right now.

This is about conversations the Warriors had around last year’s draft–the last and probably the most serious time the Warriors contemplated moving Ellis.

They didn’t move Ellis then, partly because Mark Jackson was intent on coaching Ellis. Very intent.

But as this season has moved along… I don’t know how long the Warriors can maintain that everything is different when the line-up is essentially the same (with the recent exception of Ekpe Udoh at center, though he’s banged up now) and the record is about the same as usual.

So the Warriors could once again see what the market is for Ellis.

And if you want a sense for Ellis’ market value right now, and probably leading into the March 15 trade deadline, it’s fitting to look back to last June.

That’s when the GSW front office had talks with Minnesota (among a handful 0f other teams), centered around Ellis.

According to multiple league sources, the two teams had a loose outline of a proposal–neither team had agreed to anything, but this was the basic heart of the talks:

* Minnesota was willing to talk about a package involving F Michael Beasley and C Nikola Pekovic in return for Ellis.

The sources say the Warriors didn’t flat out say no to Minnesota, but wanted more.

* The GSWs apparently asked to expand the deal to include the Timberwolves’ No. 1 pick in last year’s draft, which was 2nd overall and turned out to be Derrick Williams.

At that point, according to the sources, the two sides got stuck negotiating what the GSWs would do then to sweeten it beyond Ellis.

No deal.

Both sides came out thinking the other was asking for far too much:

-Minnesota didn’t have a great desire for Ellis (other than the T-Wolves’ need for a shooting guard);

-The Warriors wanted a young star–and still want a star–back for Ellis, and Beasley is young but isn’t anything close to star-value.

The intriguing part, of course, is that Pekovic would’ve been a throw-in after-thought, and now he’s in Minnesota’s starting center (ahead of Darko Milicic) and going bonkers alongside Kevin Love.

-Sort of a Midwest version of Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan.

Pekovic, in his second season, has scored 15 or more in 6 of his last 7 games and grabbed 7 or more rebounds in 16 straight.

-Note: Since the Pekovic ascension, there’s no way Minnesota would offer that package for Ellis now. (You ask them about Darko, however, and then you’ve got a conversation!)

I don’t know for sure, but I think those are the most intense discussions the Warriors have had involving Ellis in recent years.

And I think they tell us a few things headed into this trade period:

* The Warriors, as has been their stance for years, want a star in return for Ellis, who they consider a premium value because of his rare scoring ability and the dearth of scoring shooting guards in the league.

They don’t want to move Ellis just for cap relief. They are quite insistent on that, I’ve heard.

* But they have not yet been offered anything close to what they consider equal value–if Michael Beasley is the best player discussed in a casual offer, that’s not a big offer.

* You never know what you might get as a throw-in, however, since Pekovic suddenly has become much more valuable than Beasley, almost overnight.

–Who knows, the Warriors might not even come close to moving Ellis or anybody–they have the Dwight Howard situation lingering, and that could stop them from doing anything until they know where D12 is headed.

But as of now, the best guide we’ve got for Ellis’ market-value is the last time the GSWs had even moderate discussions with another team about Ellis.

It’s not an easy deal to make, given what the GSWs want and what the market-value seems to be. You’ve been warned.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Lakers about to sign Sheed

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Kevin Hart a funny man!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Kevin Hart a funny man!
    Yes he is. One of my fav stand up comedians right now. (Also really like Maria Bamford and Patton Oswalt).
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

this celebrity game is a bill simmons article waiting to happen.

Run TMC is getting dominated by the US secretary of education.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i want to watch this game. it's not on league pass broadband

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

the united states secretary of education is killing it lol. maybe the nba should just pick up random people from harvard to start playing basketball.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Just realized Arne Duncan looks like an older version of Damian Lewis from Homeland