Page 128 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 5338

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Banned

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

And another close game for Golden State, Mark Jackson is going to call some stupid play again.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that he was talking about them having a worse record and still being higher in the standings

EDIT: I really should refresh more
    Yeah I do as welll I guess.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Banned

Yep and Monta with the game winner

He made another difficult shot to win the game, take that Nutius
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-23-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep and Monta with the game winner
    True. It was a hard shot but he hit it.

However, he still let his team lose a 21 points lead. Plus, he still took some ill-advised shots. But he was positive most of the time. 10/23 is right around his standards.

By the way, watching the game I see that I said earlier about his assists was mostly correct. He gets his assist using his ability to create for himself and draw double teams. Still, that's a nice ability to have. Nate Robinson was their PG, though.

So, yeah my opinion on Monta remains the same. Great basketball player (I don't like his style but that's irrelevant) but not a PG

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    He made another difficult shot to win the game, take that Nutius
    I never said he cannot do this. It is his main ability after all. I still wouldn't like to live and die by this, though

PS: For me, it's the same when guys like Kobe or Melo do it. Was Jordan a fool when he passed to Kerr and he gave him yet another title? I don't think so
    Last edited by Nuntius; 02-23-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Sports Logo

Wow. If the Warriors finish with a pick later than 7th then Utah gets it (via NJ, Deron trade) for 53 minutes of Pacers draft favorite Marcus Williams.

Sports Logo

Wilson Chandler's meeting with Toronto, his agent says 7 teams have contacted him. He's still Denver's RFA to match, but we do have some cash...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wilson Chandler's meeting with Toronto, his agent says 7 teams have contacted him. He's still Denver's RFA to match, but we do have some cash...
    chander is nice, but do you want to waste cap space on a backup 3.

Sports Logo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24cWpiIjoc4

Holy COW! I knew that Blatche had certain "issues" (most of them stemming by his lack of concentration / effort) but letting Marco Belinelli, Ryan Hollins and Ray Allen dunk on you most hurt a lot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    How much are we talking? More in the neighborhood of 4 million or 7 million?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    How much are we talking? More in the neighborhood of 4 million or 7 million?
    At least 7m, maybe more, since Denver will match any reasonable offer. Raptors want him to be their starting SF, so they're willing to pay.

Raptors have only around 4m in cap space though, so they need to dump a contract. If Pacers are interested in say getting Barbosa for free, that would probably be available.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    At least 7m, maybe more, since Denver will match any reasonable offer. Raptors want him to be their starting SF, so they're willing to pay.

Raptors have only around 4m in cap space though, so they need to dump a contract. If Pacers are interested in say getting Barbosa for free, that would probably be available.
    i wouldn't mind barbosa being dumped to us. how big is his contract?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    i wouldn't mind barbosa being dumped to us. how big is his contract?
    $7.6m expiring

I can understand why people like Monta Ellis, even i used to watch Warrior under Nelson, when they were all-offense type of team, they had ridicilously fun games to watch versus top contenders at home ( the season when Nelson had his win record ). But i would never want Ellis in Pacers, because i cant see that guy playing in elite team. First, he is undersized SG with no ability to defend, second he seems like he doesnt really care about the team, ye that sounds stupid, but i think Danny really care about Pacers and looking some Monta videos around you can see what type of person he is.

Tl:dr, he is a great and talented player, but i just dont see him being a good TEAM player and i doubt he would care enaugh to improve in areas he struggle. And i hope all members of Indiana Pacers are willing to work hard to improve, because i doubt this team will ever land a super star, unless he is drafted by us.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

Yes! Chandler would be the heir apparent to the SF when Granger's contract expires or if they decided to trade him.

Hey this is off topic but I was curious how our record would stack up against the West right now and we would have the 4th best record! Our boys are playing pretty well, we all should be proud. Now to get that 3 seed in the East!
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Pekovic 15/12

Gortat 21/15/1

Monroe 30/14/2

D Jordan 10'16

Vucevic 18/8/1

B Lopez 15/4

R Lopez 6/3

Ilyasova 15/4/1

Faried 12/9

Jamison 22/12/1

James Johnson 15/3/1

T Thompson 10/10

Patterson 12/3

J Hamilton 18/7/1

D Williams 13/9

Barbosa 17/2/4

Wall 21/9/11

I Thomas 18/2/6

New trade idea

Monta Ellis for Eric Gordon.

Could you imagine Curry and Gordon on the same team together! Think how much fun they'd have together sitting on the bench in street clothes. I bet their conversations would be most excellent to listen to during a game.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

If the Pacers pick up Chandler, I think it makes trading Granger or George an easier pill to swallow. But I don't think the Pacers are going to go after him aggressively.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://deadspin.com/5887515/javale-m...-the-fifth-row

FINALLY!!

It has been a couple weeks since the last major JaVale McGee moment of absurdity, but I think we can all agree that it has felt like an eternity.

Thanks JaVale, keep up the good work!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

There are Wizards fans that say things like "as long as it's no more than 11 million a year" when talking about a McGee extension. I'm dead serious.

Some people in my english class were discussing how the Knicks will match up to the Heat in the playoffs now that they have Jeremy Lin.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There are Wizards fans that say things like "as long as it's no more than 11 million a year" when talking about a McGee extension. I'm dead serious.
    Dane Cook made $21 million in 2010 and he's not half as funny as Javale McGee. $11 million sounds like a major bargain.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Some people in my english class were discussing how the Knicks will match up to the Heat in the playoffs now that they have Jeremy Lin.
    They, like every other team in the league, won't.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

FINALLY!!

It has been a couple weeks since the last major JaVale McGee moment of absurdity, but I think we can all agree that it has felt like an eternity.

Why is it absurd to block a shot out of bounds? Good block. Its entertaining to the fans as well. Even if it was a goal tend, you can't fault a guy for trying there.

There is a difference in just completely destroying somebody with a block compared to throwing it off backboard for the dunk while getting blown out. OR Running back on Defense when your team just got the Offensive Rebound.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

FINALLY!!

The best part is that it was such an obvious goaltend that as soon as he spiked it, he immediately took off up the court as if he just took a running flailing hook across the lane which had no chance and was rebounded by his teammates.

-Lance Stephenson

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: