Page 126 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5338

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep and another guy who according to some people can't play PG in Crawford started as a point guard and had 20 and 8 with one TO.
    Cory Joseph played 37 minutes at PG.

Banned

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Nate McMillan decided to start Jamal Crawford at point guard, moving veteran Raymond Felton to the bench. Both players were acquired by the Blazers over the offseason and have struggled at times, but Crawford had been outplaying Felton in recent weeks.
    I'm pretty sure he was the PG.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-lak...medium=twitter

Sports Logo

I know, Cory Joseph was the opposing PG for the Spurs when they sat pretty much everybody and said screw an 11 game win streak.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

call me crazy but if I'm going to play a 2 at the 1 I rather him to be a bada$$ that can destroy the other teams point guards.
    And that's a pretty important difference between you and me. If I am to play a 2 at the 1 I rather him be someone who is looking to set up his teammates.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    And that's a pretty important difference between you and me. If I am to play a 2 at the 1 I rather him be someone who is looking to set up his teammates.
    I'd rather just have a point guard play point guard

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    I'd rather just have a point guard play point guard
    Well, I certainly cannot argue with that but I cannot blame someone who at least tries hard to be one even if his instincts encourage him to do something else

OK but who is really a point guard between DC,AJ or Hill? they are 2's that can play the point and in DC's and AJ's cases they are playing the point because they are too undersize to play the 2, call me crazy but if I'm going to play a 2 at the 1 I rather him to be a bada$$ that can destroy the other teams point guards.
    We have a fundamental difference of opinion on the definition of point guard. I think DC and AJ are scoring point guards. I think Hill is a combo guard. Mainly the difference is height and handle. Hill has decent handles, but I'm not sure they are good enough to be a full-time point guard. DC has pretty good handles and he can't play SG--he's too damn small. He would get eaten alive playing that position. He's not really a spot up shooter, although I think he can do it a little. AJ is a little murkier for me. To me, he has much more of a scorer's mentality than DC. But he isn't good enough to warrant many minutes at either position so I really don't care.

Ellis has been tried as a point guard. For whatever reason, someone that knows more about basketball than either one of us decided he would be better suited playing the 2. He has thrived more in that role, so I think that is what people generally consider his role to be. Same with Jamal Crawford. The only reason he is playing point guard right now is because Ray Felton has been such an abomination.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

I actually think that Crawford is playing PG in Portland because that system doesn't really need a point guard to begging with.

Regarding Monta, just like DC Curry can't play the two so they have to play Monta at the 2 but neither Curry or Monta are "pure point guards".

I actually think that Crawford is playing PG in Portland because that system doesn't really need a point guard to begging with.

Regarding Monta, just like DC Curry can't play the two so they have to play Monta at the 2 but neither Curry or Monta are "pure point guards".
    I actually think Curry could play the two. He's an elite shooter. He could spot up and shoot the lights out. He doesn't have to have the ball to be effective. He's such a smart player that I think he could make it work. His glass ankles might thank him for it too.

To be honest with you V I think monta would be fine running the point but it would cost too much to get him so wait another year and offer him a contract. The only thing that worriers me though is iif he would call his own number too much and even the good scoring pgs lose games that way.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 02-22-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    To be honest with you V I think monta would be fine running the point but it would cost too much to get him so wait another year and offer him a contract. The only thing that worriers me though is iif he would call his own number too much and even the good scoring pgs lose games that way.
    Yeah I'm not sure how much he is going to cost but what I've been reading ESPN chats and NBA rumors places a lot of people think that Monta is going to get traded before the trade deadline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

boston has closed within 8 of OKC after the pummeling they were getting in the first half.

Can anybody explain what is going on in Washington? From what I've seen, nick young and Jordan Crawford are the exact same player. Selfish guys that only care about scoring. Tonight Young was 6-23. You have a team oriented guy, Shelvin Mack, that can't get off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Can anybody explain what is going on in Washington? From what I've seen, nick young and Jordan Crawford are the exact same player. Selfish guys that only care about scoring. Tonight Young was 6-23. You have a team oriented guy, Shelvin Mack, that can't get off the bench
    That team is a complete catastrophe from a chemistry standpoint. That is a horribly built team.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    boston has closed within 8 of OKC after the pummeling they were getting in the first half.
    well, the game is on ESPN, needs to have a good ending

BOOO 76ers took the lead, come on Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    They just trying to reignite the Bullets Era. Kinda interesting about Nick Young considering he is one of PG's good buddies. They worked out together in the offseason along with DG. You'd think they would rub off on him a bit and teach him how the game should be played...
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

By the way, the Hornets won in Cleveland.

Chris Kaman: 21 points (10/25 shooting, though), 13 boards and 3 dimes. 1 steal and 2 blocks as well.

Jarret Jack: 16 points (5/11 shooting), 7 boards and 3 dimes.

Greivis Vasquez: 13 points (5/11 shooting), 2 boards, 5 dimes and a 1 steal.

Marco Belinelli: 19 points (8/13 shooting), 3 boards and 1 dime.

Gustavo Ayon: 9 points (4/7 shooting), 17 (!!) boards, 4 dimes, 2 steals and 1 block.

Vasquez and Kaman combined for 10 turnovers (6 and 4 respectively) but other than that, they were great for one more game.

So, a tip of the hat to them. They've had a great road trip despite missing two key players. Frankly, they've played better without them.

OK but who is really a point guard between DC,AJ or Hill? they are 2's that can play the point and in DC's and AJ's cases they are playing the point because they are too undersize to play the 2, call me crazy but if I'm going to play a 2 at the 1 I rather him to be a bada$$ that can destroy the other teams point guards.
    I hate to enter this debate but I have to ask, do you really not see any difference between the way that Darren runs the offense as opposed to Hill, Price, or Ellis (who I think are all combo guards)?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Isaiah Thomas has been the best pg on the Kings roster all year great draft pick getting him so late the last pick. I am so glad he got a shot in the NBA he deserved it and should be in the rising stars game he has been very good.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Gustavo Ayon: 9 points (4/7 shooting), 17 (!!) boards, 4 dimes, 2 steals and 1 block.
    I really wish we could have gotten him. I know we were in the mix, but he's a solid rotation big man.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

By the way, the Hornets won in Cleveland.

Chris Kaman: 21 points (10/25 shooting, though), 13 boards and 3 dimes. 1 steal and 2 blocks as well.

Jarret Jack: 16 points (5/11 shooting), 7 boards and 3 dimes.

Greivis Vasquez: 13 points (5/11 shooting), 2 boards, 5 dimes and a 1 steal.

Marco Belinelli: 19 points (8/13 shooting), 3 boards and 1 dime.

Vasquez and Kaman combined for 10 turnovers (6 and 4 respectively) but other than that, they were great for one more game.

So, a tip of the hat to them. They've had a great road trip despite missing two key players. Frankly, they've played better without them.
    Wow, that Ayon guy is something. Monster rebounder. Too bad he's not a Pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    They just trying to reignite the Bullets Era. Kinda interesting about Nick Young considering he is one of PG's good buddies. They worked out together in the offseason along with DG. You'd think they would rub off on him a bit and teach him how the game should be played...
    No kidding. Paul George is totally a team guy.

Mood

The more I see Marshon Brooks the more I love him, the dudes a flat out scorer

Sports Logo Sports Logo

kevin durant is too freaking good. seriously. how the hell does a 6'10" guy have that smooth of a crossover?